Post photos of your home town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Inspired by the great photo of Nobby's Lighthouse by Jets, I asked Sicy if we'd had a thread like this before. Without being able to find something, here it is.

Post photo's of your home town: be it where you gre up, where you live now, whatever, wherever your heart is.

This is also a great way of planning holidays; if you see something you would love to experience, why not go there!

I moved last year, and really miss my home town, so I will post some photos later, and you guys all do the same (especially Jets!!!)

Peace and love and enjoy

Newcastle sunrise
iwNewcastle-Sunrise-1.jpg

The Cowrie Hole - Newcastle
iw_cowrie_hole.jpg

View of Nobby's Lighthouse from the Breakwall
iwnewcastle.jpg

I know we had a thread like this before but I just couldnt find it, plus it was probably old.

Anyway, I dont actually live IN San Francisco, but like 20 mi south and my town is pretty boring so here are some pics of San Fran :wink:

san_francisco_marin_view.jpg

iStock_000001277460SmallGGBridge.jpg

Alcatraz in the background :love:

cable_car.jpg

Ok here is my actual city

vfiles25211.jpg

2080089122_fff0c09607.jpg

I'm from a small town near Wausau, Wisconsin, which can be found here:

wausau.png

It's pretty unremarkable, as you can see:

wausau2.jpg

They call that Rib "Mountain," although technically it doesn't officially qualify as a mountain. But if you want to go skiing and don't want to go out of town, you go there.

Don't judge Wisconsin by my hometown, however. It's really a beautiful place:

wisconsin_dairy_farm.jpg

PankWisconsinPropertyBluffPointView.jpg

And if you visit at the right time of the year, you can see the elusive Native Wisconsinite in its natural habitat:

packer.jpg

:)

No worries dan_smee..Where are you now ?

Afternoon Kayaking at Valentine, Lake Macquarie

3384938266_5c28643c6c.jpg

Susan Gilmour Beach

3351438024_0a18fdb284.jpg

The Squadron

3138270470_e2ac53aa26.jpg

No worries dan_smee..Where are you now ?

Afternoon Kayaking at Valentine, Lake Macquarie

3384938266_5c28643c6c.jpg

Susan Gilmour Beach

3351438024_0a18fdb284.jpg

The Squadron

3138270470_e2ac53aa26.jpg

Legend.

Ah home.

I'm living in Canberra now. Moved at the start of last year for work. Man am I homesick when I see these photos. My family still live there, so I go back every month or 2. I lived in Newy for 21 years. You don't realise you basically live in paradise until you don't have it anymore. My current city is the most sterile, boring town in the world. We have water... a man-made lake.

Susan Gilmore is a great beach to have in there (try and spot the nudists everyone!)

Where in newy are you from?

Back
Top Bottom