Part-time jobs with benefits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're going back to school, can't you get benefits through the college as a student?

I can, but I gave the plan at my college a quick look today and it looks pretty expensive for everything. I'm going to give it a more thorough look, but it seems like benefits from elsewhere might cost a lot less in the long run.

When I was a full time student I worked three different jobs on-campus. They did not pay well (at first), but it was so much easier. It cut down on a lot of transportation time and was also far easier to get the right hours since the bosses were more aware of me being a student. Even living off-campus it was easier to go straight from class to work or vice versa and still not have to leave campus until I was totally done for the day. I got insurance through school and it wasn't that great, but again it was just easier and I could lump that in with tuition so my financial aid and student loans covered it automatically. Also our school (which is very small) has its own health clinic so I didn't even have to go to a Dr. for routine stuff or common prescriptions and it was covered when I was under the school's insurance. Phil is back in school for a second degree and he uses my insurance, but the school health clinic is $15 for students without the school's insurance and he often goes there rather than having to wait for an appointment and make the trip to his regular doctor covered under my plan.

Besides Starbucks I've heard you can get benefits at Target. I've never maid $15/hr part time (besides computer and web design work) but as a part time student worker on campus I made over $10/hr which at the time I felt was pretty decent. Student workers also get time-and-a-half for overtime or special events (like working on holidays, working special events).

Back
Top Bottom