Melbourne ranked the world's greatest city - again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Third time in a row. No surprise, really.

Four Australian cities in the top ten.

Three Canadian.

One from New Zealand.

United States nowhere to be seen.

Melbourne ranked world's most liveable city - again

http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name=The_Global_Liveability_Report

471379-white-night.jpg

Guillermo Del Toro ranks Toronto as the #1 most livable city. I think that's more legit

You should all come here, if you haven't and get the chance, it is quite a good city, and not really full of people like me. I'd happy to show y'all around, though.

I'll leave the onesie at home, but there is a dude who dresses in a rabbit costume and plays bass guitar on Swanston St on Friday nights.

As safe as houses is the city, even at 3am on a Sunday morn. Stunningly beautiful and the 6 months that I lived in the CBD itself were the finest months of my life. Complimented by exceptional surrounding pockets such as Chapel St and Carlton.

Now to heritage list the entire rectangle itself. No need or any further developments and demolitions, leave it as it is. Only refurbishments allowed.

All the sport, music and festivities that you could dream of.

As a staunch New South Welshman, and even with my innate, genetic hatred of all things 'Mexican' (ie, from south of the border), I have to say, Melbourne is easily Australia's best capital. It makes Sydney look like a retarded mutant baby. Put Melbourne where Newcastle or Coolangatta are, and you would have undoubtedly the worlds greatest city. Needs a swimmable beach and better weather.

Went a few weeks ago for a work conference, love the place.

This is why I got the fuck out of Queensland and moved to Melbourne. Fucking awesome city.

Put Melbourne where Newcastle or Coolangatta are, and you would have undoubtedly the worlds greatest city.

No, because then you'd have awful humid, hot weather. At least we have a tolerable dry heat down here. Coolangatta's climate is close to the worst thing in the world and Newcastle's is little better.

It's a cool city. A bit expensive for my taste, but not bad, not bad at all.

You should all come here, if you haven't and get the chance, it is quite a good city, and not really full of people like me. I'd happy to show y'all around, though.

I'll leave the onesie at home, but there is a dude who dresses in a rabbit costume and plays bass guitar on Swanston St on Friday nights.

I'd rather live in my apparently boring, uninhabitable shit hole than spend 20 hours on an airplane.

As a staunch New South Welshman, and even with my innate, genetic hatred of all things 'Mexican' (ie, from south of the border), I have to say, Melbourne is easily Australia's best capital. It makes Sydney look like a retarded mutant baby. Put Melbourne where Newcastle or Coolangatta are, and you would have undoubtedly the worlds greatest city. Needs a swimmable beach and better weather.

Went a few weeks ago for a work conference, love the place.

Plenty of swimmable beaches, son. Closest I've been to Sydney is Bathurst, so I can't speak of its beaches, but anything east of Altona coastwise is pretty good.

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised Detroit didn't make the bottom 10.

I don't think you can put anyplace in the US or much of Europe above a place like Dhaka or even Manila. Poverty and congestion are such in the latter that people live in the graveyard plots where bodies have been removed for one reason or another.

I don't think you can put anyplace in the US or much of Europe above a place like Dhaka or even Manila. Poverty and congestion are such in the latter that people live in the graveyard plots where bodies have been removed for one reason or another.

my tongue is pretty firmly in cheek.

also, Melbourne, New York and London called -- they're really proud of you for doing such a great job!

Irvine has a hate on for the Aussies
(though I guess Cobbler independently adding the world 'greatest' might be just cause)

Why get so defensive about the US? Everybody knows that the United States has a lot of great cities. I think there is nothing wrong with the OP trying to make a point that there are great cities outside the US too. :up:

Nor wanting to live in Damascus is being defensive only about my own life.

For the record, I wouldn't want to live in Detroit, either.

Back
Top Bottom