Makeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if it's better than Benetint... I have it and have used it a handful of times, mostly when I want to wear red lipgloss and want the red lips to have better staying power.

On the cheeks it doesn't look so hot, at least not on me. I am in love with Urban Decay blush :drool:

My MAC stuff didn't come last night. :grumpy:

It's not so much a blusher as a highlighter.

At the mo, I'm using the You Rebel tinted moisturiser and a Clinique face powder, and on top I put the benefit powder 'Dallas' on the apples of my cheeks. I have the little pallette of powders, which has 'Dandelion', 'Dallas' and 'Hoola' which I blend to get the right colour depending on how pale my skin is on the day in question! Works well for me. Plus a couple of blended dots of the High Beam on my cheek bones.

Sounds like I wear too much make up, but it's actually a fairly natural look!

I want bare escentuals although i did buy serious skin care mineral makeup but it's all gone now because my daughter uses it too but we both liked it alot.

Ok, do I have to get the mineral makeup online or at an actual cosmetics counter or can I get it just wherever like a regular store?

beegee said:
Ok, do I have to get the mineral makeup online or at an actual cosmetics counter or can I get it just wherever like a regular store?

Cosmetic store.. or ebay :sexywink:

I bought Lash Blast today and I love it!!! :love: :love: :love:
Usually I have to put on a few strokes to get the desired effect (Professional by Cover Girl was my regular) , but it only took one or two!

Anyone know if NYC makeup is still around? I couldn't find it anywhere today - it's cheap stuff but they make my fave lipgloss...

My big splurge is Tinted Moisturizer by Laura Mercier - $65 each - but it's def worth it! :up:

So i'm curious about this Lash Blast so i found some on ebay Uk which even with postage is cheaper than mascara here is. :drool:

Unless it goes upquite a bit before it ends im gonna bid and give it a try. :wink:

Last edited:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a natural foundation (with as few chemicals as possible) that would give my skin a glowy appearance? I want something with good coverage, but also very light looking.

^ not sure, but I'd like to know too. I rarely wear foundation because it's just too heavy.

Glad everyone's loving the Lash Blast :drool: Totally told you so :wink:

So I took a trip to Sephora yesterday to buy that brush/compact combo - love that thing! I played with a few products, but couldn't stay long because I was with friends. Anyone tried the new line of Sephora body butters? :combust: Amazing. Try the Lime Blossom.

U2isthebest said:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a natural foundation (with as few chemicals as possible) that would give my skin a glowy appearance? I want something with good coverage, but also very light looking.

I like Biotherm foundation.

beegee said:

The brush is far too goopy right out of the tube.

I have to run it through a paper towel before I can use it.
Yeah, it does that for the first few uses, then it gets better. I just take a little off with the edge of the tube.

I hear Smashbox makes some really good foundation.

I have decided I'm going to use some restraint and wait until my Loreal mascara is gone before I buy Lash Blast.

Btw, I LOVE he MAC Parrot eyeshadow :drool: I haven't had the guts to sweep it over the full lid yet, but I dust a little above the lashline over some Kitten and it looks awesome.

Here's Parrot for those who don't know:

MAC%20Parrot.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I hear Smashbox makes some really good foundation.

Smashbox makes GREAT foundation. It isn't heavy but it covers really well and you can layer it depending on how much coverage you need. I've used it with a foundation brush and a sponge and the brush gives an almost perfect finish, it just takes a little longer to apply.

I always start with Smashbox Photo Finish primer and in the summer, I use Anti-Shine gel instead of powder.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9889&categoryId=RPYMAL&navAction=jump

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9890&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3990

Back
Top Bottom