Magic and Mentalism Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea Cyril is great! and the japanese reactions are priceless. The little boxes with the faces from the studio just makes me crack up... here are some more great stuff from him:

YouTube - Cyril Takayama - Lacoste

and an Incredible card routine:

YouTube - Bar Magic - Cyril And Cards

Notice that I havent put up anything from Criss Angel. For those who dont already know, he is not a real magician and the laughing stock of the magic world. He has no skill and has an ego bigger than anyone. Plus, he uses camera tricks and paid actors for almost all his tricks. Dont believe what you see him do on TV.

I like magic and what not :) Cool to see this thread here and great videos. I've always wanted to do magic but never got around to it. I love David Cooperfield since I was a kid, I remember this one show he did with this haunted house I believe it was and it grabed him and everything, scared the hell out of me I remember screaming then he was gone then showed up in the audience or something like.

ooo I remember the haunted house act I was talking about it is the Barclay House. Now that Im older Im not as scared and love it since Im huge into the paranormal, I like everything that is unusual, magic, illusions, the paranormal, anything out of the unusual.

Is there anyway you can show us any of your tricks? like on video or not? if not its fine. I'm just interested :)

Gosh its been awhile since I have talked about magic thanks for resparking that interest for me

Been watching alot of magic videos thanks to you lol, sparked my interest back :D

Glad to hear that! :hi5:

and thank you Lance for that video of The Professor! Great stuff!

(For those who do not know, Dai Vernon, or "The Professor" as magicians call him is the father of modern slieght of hand and card magic. He pretty much revolutionized magic. He died in 1992 but is still considered one of the most influential magicians of all time)

here is some more David copperfield, Now I can tell you one person I can not stand is Criss Angel, I'm more of a Cooperfield and David Blane fan and a couple others Criss Angel just makes me angry for some reason

Criss is not a real magician and he is the laughing stock of the magic world. He has no skill and has an ego bigger than anyone... and I mean anyone. Anyone who complains about Bono should look at Criss. and Criss doesnt deserve that ego. he cannot even perform basic sleight of hand and he makes fun of and disses some of the best magicians in the world!

Plus, he uses camera tricks and paid actors for almost all his tricks. Dont believe what you see him do on TV.

He is ruining magic. Fortunately his shows in vegas is a flop and supposed to be terrible. Karma at its best. :wink:

Indeed, karma at its best for sure. Its a shame that people like him ruin stuff like magic. I love magic, but Criss angel makes me want to kill someone ok not that bad but I dislike him a lot and no kidding about his ego.

Though Ill share this video yes another cooperfield, Im sorry he is just one of my favorites:reject: but this made me laugh
YouTube - David Copperfield- Funny Duck Magic

ooo thought I heard a familiar voice haha. I was telling my Dad if we can afford tix to see Cooperfield that is what I would like for Christmas or sometime :)

I was watching a site on how to do certain card tricks, and tricks, with a ball and what not, I'm gonna see about watching them again and try to learn. We have a magic shop not far from me that I could check out too

ooo thought I heard a familiar voice haha. I was telling my Dad if we can afford tix to see Cooperfield that is what I would like for Christmas or sometime :)

I was watching a site on how to do certain card tricks, and tricks, with a ball and what not, I'm gonna see about watching them again and try to learn. We have a magic shop not far from me that I could check out too

Thats great. If you want to start- just ask me and I can give you some suggestions and good sites and good tricks for beginners. What site were you watching this on?

Man I cant remember the site I just googled magic tricks and found it was cruising around. I would like to know a good way to start like tricks and what not

hmm... well depends what type of magic you want to do. Stage? close-up? card and sleight of hand stuff? Mentalism?

If there is a specific category that interests you I would be more than happy to give you a place to learn more. :D

Two pages through and no one's mentioned Ricky Jay yet? That guy's a champ.

Not familiar with Rick Jay myself:reject:

How about you show us some of his stuff:D I love watching different magicians ones i know and dont know :)

Ricky Jay is great.

Ok, well my absolute DVD for beginners on incredible card tricks that i still use today is one by my friend Oz Pearlman. You can get it here: Born to Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman - DVD

It is beyond worth it if you are interested. You wont look back.

I also recommend that site (penguinmagic.com) as a good store.

Man this is getting confusing, I have been actively involved on a magic forum because I just released my first magic and mentalism book to the community, and all of the sudden I am talking about this on Interference- it is like a bizarro world. Soon I am going to be talking about U2 on the magic forums :huh:

:wink:

Also... here is one of my favorite magicians- his name is Eugene Burger even though the video says Jeff McBride. In my opinion, his performance creates true magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhBgB7nHWQ&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom