Life in 10 year increments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Doesn't if fuck with you?

I'm sitting here thinking about 1998.. and then I thought about people that might have went to this site in 1996 and thought about ten years prior, 1986..

I dunno. then my head started hurting.

PS.. alcohol and 80's songs made me post this...

Do you ever think about something, that came out ten years ago, but not initially think of it being ten years ago, and then go: shit, that was ten years ago! what the fuuuuuuuuck!

I do

I loathe agreeing with you, but, yes. When I hear that something was released in 1998, I automatically think that it's still relatively new. Wrong.

Do you ever think about something, that came out ten years ago, but not initially think of it being ten years ago, and then go: shit, that was ten years ago! what the fuuuuuuuuck!

I do

I don't know why, but Appetite for Destruction is sort of benchmark for me. That shit came out 21 years ago. You know what came out 21 years before Appetite? Pet Sounds, Revolver, Blonde on Blone....OLDIES! I'm fucking old! And I was, like, 12 when appetite came out. :scream:

David - it's odd you put this up here cause I was looking at picture from 10-15 years ago earlier today. Made me laugh like a sonofabitch to see me and my friends as we were then. Bunch of idiots. I was the "normal one." :happy: True story.

I don't know why, but Appetite for Destruction is sort of benchmark for me. That shit came out 21 years ago. You know what came out 21 years before Appetite? Pet Sounds, Revolver, Blonde on Blone....OLDIES! I'm fucking old! And I was, like, 12 when appetite came out. :scream:

David - it's odd you put this up here cause I was looking at picture from 10-15 years ago earlier today. Made me laugh like a sonofabitch to see me and my friends as we were then. Bunch of idiots. I was the "normal one." :happy: True story.

For some of us on this board, you know, the U2 fans, we think of The Joshua Tree coming out 21 years ago. You can fuck any thread up.

When I hear that something was released in 1998, I automatically think that it's still relatively new. Wrong.

I think of albums/songs released anywhere in the 90's as being relatively new, and it does give me a start when I realise just how old they are.

And when really shocks the hell out of me is realising that in just under two years I will been out of high school and had my driver's license for 30 years. Damn. :ohmy:

I think of albums/songs released anywhere in the 90's as being relatively new, and it does give me a start when I realise just how old they are.

And when really shocks the hell out of me is realising that in just under two years I will been out of high school and had my driver's license for 30 years. Damn. :ohmy:

My 20 year HS reunion is next month. Looking forward to seeing a decent amount of people, but, damn.

There's no way JT or Appetite came out 21 years ago. I'm not doing the maths, because I know you lot have and are therefore right, but fuck me.

A Couple of years ago the guy at my RTA got me with all this when he said he was getting '1990 babies' in getting their licences. 1990 was, and always will be, just a couple of years back.
:sad:

Back
Top Bottom