Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the victor for the leadership of Oz going to be announced today?

I can't really imagine how else it could've been done. :shrug:

From my understanding Labor need 2 independents while the Bibs need 3.

I watched a bit of Q&A last night and I was astonished at how much Bob Katter's head vibrates while he's talking, he also reminds me of the Psycho Dog Guy off ACA.

Totally not surprised Windsor has backed the ALP. I'm pissed it has taken him so fucking long, as with the others. It essentially has made every single one of our votes redundant. That is just bullshit and not democracy. This election has been an amazing fuckup. Anyway, I don't share his enthusiasm shown in his press conference currently on.

Totally not surprised Windsor has backed the ALP. I'm pissed it has taken him so fucking long, as with the others. It essentially has made every single one of our votes redundant. That is just bullshit and not democracy. This election has been an amazing fuckup. Anyway, I don't share his enthusiasm shown in his press conference currently on.

:up:

Roosy for PM!

^^ :sexywink:

& ^ :lol: . . .
rimshot.gif

stay Khan . . . we play nice :shifty: most of the time :evil:

< sort of kind of REAAAALLLLLLY dreading the next 3 years of decision making . . . if it has taken this long to get to this feeble state of affairs, just imagine when a really important decision has to be made :doh: . . . I am pleased it is hoolia jooolia over the man with the big ears, but really, would it not be less painful to just vote all over again :sigh:

so glad the country has been kept out of conservative hands. It would be embarrassing to have had someone as repulsive as Abbott as our leader.

Still, what a fucked up process. What kind of way to elect a government is that? Like the British parliamentary system, it's crap.

:heart: Gillard

if there's stability in the Libs camp i daresay he'll be running the country if there's another election before the 3 yrs is up.

this result doesn't really please me at all... it means that we're going to be hearing a HELLUVA lot more politics in the next 3 yrs and very little actual doing.

if there's stability in the Libs camp i daresay he'll be running the country if there's another election before the 3 yrs is up.

this result doesn't really please me at all... it means that we're going to be hearing a HELLUVA lot more politics in the next 3 yrs and very little actual doing.

Hearing a lot more politics in the next 3 years is exactly what we need. That aside, I doubt Gillard will last that long and we'll be at the polls once more when the disorganisation again takes over.

What really pisses me off most about Abbott, despite his vile attitudes, is a total lack of clear and well formed goals, his constant "stable government" rhetoric in the face of his own party's inability to even present a workable budget and then further saying that an 11 billion dollar hole is "a matter of opinion" as though we, Treasury, and the ALP all idiots and a detailed explanation is not really needed because, hell, they're stable, and then the spin doctors. Or is that a lack of spin? I'm still not entirely sure. I'd like to see him speak at length on asylum seekers. Fuck, I'm able to. Why can't he? And why exactly are they an issue? The numbers of illegals through traffickers is actually very small. Really small. Our offshore processing is a fucking stupid idea, as it's only around 5% of those who aren't eventually given a visa, but while they're processed, it costs shitloads of money and really pisses off the neighbours. It's such a non issue. I'd love to know how it became a bullet-point in the Libs campaign. Did a group of rednecks in a rural seat answer a call for voicing their concerns with it, thus leading Abbott to not risk letting this potentially vote winning issue pass? Or have our well publicised outbursts of racial intolerance fed this in a safer way? Hell, he can't do much about the immigrant groups already here that may cause trouble, so he'd better be looking to stopping yet more of these people from overseas. Cause, you know, "fuck off we're full" and all that. Yes, let's control numbers. It's our right. It's our country and we will carefully protect it from um... boat people. Or should that be "boat people"? That covers all of them, rather than specifying which handful are actually wrong doers.

Torontonian (?) at heart now?

Oh, you know I have a love/hate relationship with this city... I'd like it more if I were governing it, let's just say that. Everyone in charge here are fucking dinosaurs and are keeping the place far behind in way too many ways. Vote for me.

(I don't mean actual dinosaurs, but that would be heaps cool.)

That's true. I'd say all the general dodginess goes out of the window when you're sitting outside the Exeter in the middle of the Fringe with a cold Coopers. Still, I'd rather it were a touch more cosmopolitan.

What really pisses me off most about Abbott, despite his vile attitudes, is a total lack of clear and well formed goals, his constant "stable government" rhetoric in the face of his own party's inability to even present a workable budget and then further saying that an 11 billion dollar hole is "a matter of opinion" as though we, Treasury, and the ALP all idiots and a detailed explanation is not really needed because, hell, they're stable, and then the spin doctors. Or is that a lack of spin? I'm still not entirely sure. I'd like to see him speak at length on asylum seekers. Fuck, I'm able to. Why can't he? And why exactly are they an issue? The numbers of illegals through traffickers is actually very small. Really small. Our offshore processing is a fucking stupid idea, as it's only around 5% of those who aren't eventually given a visa, but while they're processed, it costs shitloads of money and really pisses off the neighbours. It's such a non issue. I'd love to know how it became a bullet-point in the Libs campaign. Did a group of rednecks in a rural seat answer a call for voicing their concerns with it, thus leading Abbott to not risk letting this potentially vote winning issue pass? Or have our well publicised outbursts of racial intolerance fed this in a safer way? Hell, he can't do much about the immigrant groups already here that may cause trouble, so he'd better be looking to stopping yet more of these people from overseas. Cause, you know, "fuck off we're full" and all that. Yes, let's control numbers. It's our right. It's our country and we will carefully protect it from um... boat people. Or should that be "boat people"? That covers all of them, rather than specifying which handful are actually wrong doers.

Adelaide is a great place. Unfair reputation. It's just a seriously small place. Visitors need to expect that, and locals need to accept that. It's a country town that has happened to grow to the size of a small city. Experience it that way, and it's fantastic.

Really, the only major Australian city I'd say you can safely skip is Brisbane. :reject:

Adelaide is a great place. Unfair reputation. It's just a seriously small place. Visitors need to expect that, and locals need to accept that. It's a country town that has happened to grow to the size of a small city. Experience it that way, and it's fantastic.

Really, the only major Australian city I'd say you can safely skip is Brisbane. :reject:

Very true, easy to get around the place.

Adelaide blows Earnie

You've been, eh?

Hearing a lot more politics in the next 3 years is exactly what we need. That aside, I doubt Gillard will last that long and we'll be at the polls once more when the disorganisation again takes over.

:love: . . . damn shame you are so busy bringing up that fine family of yours; I'd vote for you in a heartbeat

That's true. I'd say all the general dodginess goes out of the window when you're sitting outside the Exeter in the middle of the Fringe with a cold Coopers. Still, I'd rather it were a touch more cosmopolitan.

A cold Coopers on a hot any given day will cure just about all ills :up: . . .

ah true . . . although I love going home to visit, I just couldn't imagine myself living there again . . . it has been a long while, granted; but after a week I'm like okay, seen it . . . next :reject:

and Brissy? . . . Brissy is not so shabby . . . much much much nicer than the catastrophe that is the :shifty: Gold Coast :doh: . . . that place just makes me shuddah . . . Vegas without the class . . . yes you heard me right, I said without the class . . . :wink:

Having said that, I adore that Brisbane, for a while at least, was the centre of a major shift in the musical landscape . . .and produced one of the finest Australian bands ever . . .

YouTube - Powderfinger - On My Mind (live)

The Metre is my favourite Powderfinger song.

i thought it might be an idea to see if a whole bunch of people would like to talk about what's going on in our country!

Total Posts: 238
User Name Posts
cobl04 46
Vlad n U 2 29
Purplereign 28
coolian2 17
The Sad Punk 17
KhanadaRhodes 15
intedomine 12
jets 11
bono_man2002 6
Cin 6