Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan: Glad you think I'm making a good choice. :up: I did have a slight fear in that Boston is stereotypically violent, but after having a look at various crime statistics, something happening to me seems about as likely as me getting killed by a creative serial killer in Adelaide, so I should be right.

you know, this is the one thing that disappointed me about America. i would have enjoyed myself so much more if i hadn't constantly felt a little unsafe walking around on the streets. San Fransisco was probably the worst. violence was always in the back of my mind, so getting back to Melbourne and feeling safe all the time again was really good.

the violence is overstated. i've happily walked around near lax clearly carrying a lot of expensive shit with no means to get away and never felt in any danger.

wandering around the middle of chicago at 1am on a monday morning felt a shitload safer than downtown auckland during any night hours (and some daylight ones).

What the hell kind of show is Spicks and Specks?

Someone I am pissed off at right now know is going to be on it. I won't be able to see it, but I still wonder just what it is.
I did see the list of featured guests in today's tv guide and thought of you. Going multimedia huh? :D

well, the league table at the moment for one, and also just because i like heart whereas i really don't like victory.

We looked shambolic against Perth on Saturday, this won't be our year. Lost up front without Archie it seems, we don't know what to do once we're in attack. Heart on the other hand have assembled a balanced and experienced squad. Surprised at our inactivity pre-season, only signficant signing being Petkovic as a replacement for the Dortmund-bound Langerak.

Yeah lucky pricks, imagine grinding with Perry on the dancefloor, that'd be a tale worth telling for many years to come...

it's a really good music quiz show. doesn't have the production values of other quiz shoes, but makes up for that by being genuinely funny.

whom would that be?

Thanks for the info. :)

It's Kilbey.

I did see the list of featured guests in today's tv guide and thought of you. Going multimedia huh? :D

Speaking of going multimedia, have you seen his new all Steve, all the time website? It's up, but not completely finished yet. The worker bees (including yours truly -- who doesn't really know what the fuck she's doing, but seems to have managed to scrape by so far... :shifty: ) are doing their best, but, damn he's been prolific. Great for fans, but it's a pain in the butt to try to round all of it up.

i normally CAN'T STAND Corinne Grant, but i've been watching GNW and she has an extremely good Julia Gilliard impression.

also interesting to note that Rove is having absolutely no success whatsoever in getting his own show in the states. who would have thought :happy:

I would've punched her in the face. :up: Can't stand her.

and then had your head snapped clean off by security :lol:

have any of you seen this?

YouTube - Alf Stewart goes mad

my mates think it's the funniest thing ever, and i hesitantly admit that i got a few chuckles out of it, but there was a facebook fan page and everything. kind of disturbing how many videos there are and how many people think it's hilarious.

a long way from Bargearse and The Olden Days.

I think its pretty funny, but only because if Home and Away was on HBO or whatever, its probably how he would talk.

i normally CAN'T STAND Corinne Grant, but i've been watching GNW and she has an extremely good Julia Gilliard impression.

also interesting to note that Rove is having absolutely no success whatsoever in getting his own show in the states. who would have thought :happy:

Corinne. :love:

As for Rove, yeah...its not that surprising huh? Yet they give Jay Leno back his gig :rolleyes: Rove was pretty good in the early days when Pete & Corrine were regulars...the '2 hour season finales' ...It WAS good. But really dropped off in its last three or so seasons.

SK took his happy chappy pills tonight on Spicks and Specks!!! :ohmy: SK for PM!!!! :cute:

*spoken and authorised by the Australian Chocolate Party, Canberra*

SK took his happy chappy pills tonight on Spicks and Specks!!! :ohmy: SK for PM!!!! :cute:

*spoken and authorised by the Australian Chocolate Party, Canberra*

Yeah, he was pretty animated, wasn't he?

Picked up a bunch of friends/fans on facebook since that aired too. He can be amazingly funny...it's nice more people are getting to see that side.

And a bonus for me...I have now seen two Australian tv shows -- Rockwiz and Spicks and Specks. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom