Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've had a few beers, now it's time to go and watch some Roy & HG. got a setlist to wake up to in the morning and a promising Saturday night ahead!

shattering indeed!

now my old mate Nui from the Herald Sun, in his infinite wisdom that is his stupid "matrix" thing in one of the Sunday liftouts says "Bono is locked in. Trust The Matrix".

while we're on the topic of the Herald Sun, do you know what the highest selling edition ever is? nope, it's not 9/11, nor is it Diana.

it's the Sunday after Collingwood won the grand final in 1990.

vomit-195.jpeg

nope. Nui's a fuckhead. if it turns out that we don't get a tour, after him saying we will for the past 18 months, i'll burn his house down.

alrighty so I watched it :)

Sunrise (David Koch does my head in :huh: ) . . .and Family First :huh: . . . Fiona Patten, god bless her soul . . . she came across as a rational, confident, thoughtful campaigner for civil liberties who actually looks at the issues and considers both sides of an argument. . . that other harpy . . . mamma mia, shut up, learn how to listen, learn how to debate and say something that makes sense . . . and stop with the freakin' billboard talk :doh:

Fiona Pattens' point about the internet just may well be what decides this election for me . . . so far the goalposts re health, public transport, infrastructure and education all seem alarmingly similar . . . and I really really don't like the idea of a 'blacklist' . . . and I really don't believe that this blacklist will tackle or get ride of any of the issues that the parties purport . . . anyhoooooooo . . . pass the iced vovo's bruce, all this political talk is making me tired :D

iced_vo_vo_1.JPG

Hahahaha, Wendy is such a mole. First same sex marriage is off the table because it has nothing to do with civil liberties, but then religious orgs should have tax exempt status because "its a free society"??

She has no idea what the difference between substance and rhetoric is. That debate was a perfect example of the difference.

the current election campaign is abysmal, i like julia gillard as a person, but i hate labour , if she were leading the libs i would be stoked .
loved the way she handled Mark Latham, the other day , he was lucky security didn't take him out back and bust his arse for the way he was in her face .

the greens are looking the more attractive option at this stage.

... Not much to say, except I'm getting the hell out of here as soon as possible.

nothing quite like spreading your wings . . . hope wherever you land puts a smile on your dial :hug:

the current election campaign is abysmal, i like julia gillard as a person, but i hate labour , if she were leading the libs i would be stoked .
loved the way she handled Mark Latham, the other day , he was lucky security didn't take him out back and bust his arse for the way he was in her face .

the greens are looking the more attractive option at this stage.

this. although still not sure about the greens . . .who are their preferences going to? and I think for them to be really effective (cuz unless there is a minor modern day miracle I don't think anyone seriously expects them to win) they really have to make some smart choices with regards to their preferences?

I am so bored by this election it makes me feel a little ashamed . . . although I do get a little annoyed that Gillard is copping it for deposing the Ruddster . . . remind me again how Tony baby got the gig? :shrug:

Video - Voters let loose on party leaders - The Sydney Morning Herald

Can't stand Wil Anderson :yuck:

I loved him on the Gruen Transfer and thought he was prett good on the Glasshouse - anywhere he doesn't just ride rough shod over everyone around him and get overly shouty is good. . . gah I hate shouty comedians :no:. . . he's a pretty funny monkey but I can understand why he'd annoy the crap out of some people . . . and I often think of his parents . . .he would have been a handful and a half :lol:

when people tell me they don't like Wil i always ask them if they've seen him live.

he's actually an incredibly intelligent, sensitive person, who says a lot of things that people find confronting.

C'mon guys, Sex Party, they are getting my Senate vote on August 21!!

Never really liked Anderson, Glasshouse was just a crap show, Grant and Hughes are horrid. Anderson is ok on Gruen, but pointless as anyone could host that show. I Remember sitting next to him drinking at a beer garden a few summers back. Doesn't seem so overbearing and loud around his closest acquaintances.

I'm gradually becoming less attracted to Aussie women for some reason, my eye is increasingly being drawn by sub-continental or middle-Eastern women. Don't know why... but It's just happening

I think I'll be joining you voting for the sex party also.

Cannot stand either "MisterRabbit" or The lady that sounds like she was a character from Kath & Kim.

I'm gradually becoming less attracted to Aussie women for some reason, my eye is increasingly being drawn by sub-continental or middle-Eastern women. Don't know why... but It's just happening

:sad: some of us are not sooooooooooooooooo bad . . . :lol:

I think I'll be joining you voting for the sex party also.

I'm seriously considering it too . . . much to my hub and parents absolute horror :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom