It's blueberry season y'all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just about gave myself heat stroke in the 101 degree Georgia heat picking 2 pounds of berries. Seems like a good crop here this year. Some of these are the size of grapes.

Picture002s.jpg

Anyone have any tried and true blueberry recipes?

Blueberry Crumb :drool: :drool:

A real simple recipe - boxed cake mix, a little bit of melted butter, some crushed pineapple & a handful or two of chopped pecans. Dump it all into a casserole dish over the blueberries & the whole thing gets baked in the oven for 30 or so minutes. Yummmmm... tastes like summertime. :D :up:

Mmm... the crumb sounds good. That one might be next. I'll probably end up going back for more berries over the next few months.

I was reading about making blueberry infused vodka. :shifty: You're supposed to poke and soak a pint of berries in a litre of vodka and let it sit in a dark place for 2 weeks. I think I'll try this out. Two weeks seems like a long time for results though. Better be good.

The best thing I do with summer blueberries is the simplest:

Make some fresh whipped cream (Redi-Whip if you have to) and just put it on the blueberries and eat (preferably with some fresh strawberries in there, too).

YUM!

(Vanilla yogurt works too)

Mark

Just about gave myself heat stroke in the 101 degree Georgia heat picking 2 pounds of berries. Seems like a good crop here this year. Some of these are the size of grapes.

Picture002s.jpg

Anyone have any tried and true blueberry recipes?

Oh my.:drool:
Please send some of those berries to TN. Share with your neighboring state :D.

As far as recipes go, I like to melt them and pour it over vanilla ice cream. I also toss in a handful (along with chopped nuts) when I'm making muffins. They are good in cereal and yogurt too.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

My friend just went to Social Circle here in Georgia to pick blueberries. I should do this.

Yep, this is where I went. Hard Labor Creek Blueberry Farm. It's a few acres of trees (bushes) in rows behind an old farm house near a bunch of horse farms. You ring their doorbell in their garage and a nice older gentleman comes out and weighs the berries and rings you up. Can't beat $1.50 a pound. The farm is for sale, though. This may be the last season they're open. Most of the time, it's really peaceful as you pick. There were several families there when I went, though, all yelling at each other across rows of plants.

FYI: A note on their website says due to heavy picking they'll be closed for the next week.
hlcblueberries - Hard Labor Creek Blueberry Farm 

BEBlue.jpg

:edge: and the Blueberries were this Big!!!!!!
:bono: :ohmy: Fascinating!!!!!!
:edge: I know
:bono::edge:sings" Blueberries, Blueberriess ,Blueberries:drool:
:edge: We should write a song about Blueberries
:bono: I'm pretty sure the fans will gobble it up!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom