Interference Thread Survivor Match 8: RUSH vs. Clicky Nonsense

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's as ridiculous as me stating some random popular Dutch act that does well in mainland Europe, like Within Temptation. They've sold millions of cds as well, but I doubt many North Americans know them. I'm not going to make myself illusions otherwise.

Jesus christ. Absurd statements like this are what is keeping this argument going, you realize this, right?

Because noone - NOONE - is on this board saying that Rush is better than U2. Certainly not me.

Yet I can't really stand by and let people make ridiculous statements like this like they are fact. It's not fact. The fact is, Rush is well known worldwide. Whether or not one person from a small country like the Netherlands doesn't know them speaks more to that person's individual taste and exposure to world renowned musicians than of anyone else around the world or even in their own country. Rush filmed the very successful Snakes and Arrows DVD IN THE NETHERLANDS IN 2007!!

They've performed there - THE NETHERLANDS - many many times over the last 30 years and many Dutch rock artists cite them as influences.

The difference between a well known band from North America that is known world wide and a not known period band outside of a few small European countries is night and day. Let's just give this up now, seriously! :lol:

Who would ever have thought that Rush would be the most polarizing act on this board? Even more so than Radiohead or bloody Coldplay. I'm afraid I just don't understand it. :lol:

It amuses me that this thread sprung to life AFTER the poll closed. Lots of punching after the bell.

Maybe one of Interference Survivor Threads will end up being the poll too? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom