Interference Thread Survivor Match 4: Fake Edge vs. Mr. Brau's Last Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last match, Slow Loris sentenced Shuttlecock to Out of Control, to the tune of 9-6.

OK, I'm not sure if everyone will be alright with me calling an audible here, but I made a thread change here in the 11th hour. Originally, I had selected the original Desert Island thread to face off against Fake Edge. I decided that would be a horrible, violent catastrophe, since literally nothing interesting happens in that thread, so I decided to make it slightly more interesting by selecting the finest example of Mr. Brau's forced political correctness. Enjoy!

Good Morning friends!

vs.

Desert Island Album Game: Grand Final!

This is going to be a blowout regardless of my intervention in the matter, but do give the DI thread a chance. Really mindblowing shit. It's probably only hilarious if you read his dismissive remarks throughout the competition that build up to the classic ones contained in the thread I posted, but it's a good read no matter what. Mr. Brau gave our hipster favorites shit like IWB does today, only he had even less interest in your feelings.

Anyway, Fake Edge is Fake Edge, an all-time classic that could possibly win the whole thing. I've got to vote for it, though I love both threads.

Since we're receiving no more than 16 votes a round, I would say 10 votes is a fair mercy rule. Already 4-0.

To me Brau's DI protest was just stupid. I never bothered with that game because I felt many of the lists compiled were actually hopelessly narrow minded in their taste, and probably along lines of race/genre/sex too, but for crissakes it's a freakin list that someone compiled and that person has probably 25 years less musical listening experience than I, so what do I care? They'll either experience it one day or they won't, but it won't change what music I find appealing. :huh:

Aaaalmost voted for DI, because Brau's shitfit was indeed a classic, but ... Fake Edge.

Oh god, Brau drew the impression as if he was some Maoist Third-Worldist type in that DI thread. :laugh:

I've never read the brau goes nuts thread, and I still haven't yet. But fuck fake edge. I liked brau and his creepy baby avatar that never changed.

I'm voting for Brau as well. Fake Edge may have spawned a great interference joke but the thread isn't all that entertaining. It's just one post after another of :wave: Brau's meltdown is hilarious. The funniest bit being that all the posters in there have very broad tastes in music.

Plus, DI features this, which is almost impossible to comprehend from this poster now http://www.u2interference.com/forum...um-game-grand-final-161409-3.html#post3789460

I'm glad I didn't mercy rule this. DI deserves some love even though I did not personally vote for it.

No new matches until Monday, probably. This place is slow on the weekend and it's not fair for one match to garner significantly more votes than another. Besides, maybe a couple people will post in LS over the weekend and bury the other polls. The slowness is causing the tournament to pack the top of the forum, which I would feel bad about if anyone still cared about LS.

Actually, having finally read the brau meltdown, I'm kind of surprised that even qualifies as a meltdown. Seems at there are about four or five of us who seem to just as legitimately flip our shit about christgau every half dozen random music threads. Much more name-calling and general animosity seems to ensue. And unless the rest of you are all Facebook buddies, kissing, making up, and/or jerking each other off elsewhere on the net where I'm not around to see it, no one ever apologizes. There were apologies from all sides in that thread, and I don't see how that even ranks when laz goes apeshit everytime someone expresses certain opinions regarding a particular Beatles song--er..I mean piece of music.

If anything, the brau thread is just proof that much more is acceptable and tolerable these days.

Did anybody save the interviews with Fake Edge that Interference subsequently took down?

I wonder how many PMs were sent to this Fake Edge :hmm: must be a record for anyone on Interf. Folks baring their souls about how U2's music changed their life, sending links to their demos and so on...all to some spotty teenager. Wowzers, no wonder so many were pissed!

I find this to be a funnier read than the one in the poll, because people are angry.

Had to give a throwaway vote to Brau, because it's funny enough that he takes "desert island disc" in a much more serious, almost literal sense than anyone else, but then you've got him, a white guy (a bold guess!) complaining that people don't have enough non-white guy music in their playlists. On a U2 forum.

Yeah, I fucked up. 2 pages in and I'm already far more interested in that second thread.

Man, I dunno though. Part of the joke is watching people get fucked over and totally buying it.

I Squirtigo'd the shit out of this tournament starting it so soon. Oh well, it'll turn out fine when it's all said and done.

So much more enjoyable than reading for my two assignments.

What I can't really believe is that the whole Fake Edge thing is sooooo long ago!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom