Interference Thread Survivor Match 2: Saving Whalers vs. Watching a Bad Painting Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • INTERFERENCE's Top 100 U2 Songs - RESULTS!

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
So, here we have a more even matchup, because The Scientist's thread is legitimately funny/useful. Except it's not useful, because it's a massive trainwreck that took so long to unfold that no one even cared to watch by the end of it. Just awful. And hilarious too, by the last 10 pages or so. Really a great thread, but...

Kunstmuseum wins this by a mile. Besides Fake Edge, the greatest prank ever pulled on Interference. I hope U2 snippets All Star in Bad someday.

I want to think this will be ever so slightly closer, just because some people exist that were actively annoyed by Kunstmuseum.

None of those people would probably vote in this series though.

True nuff.

I skipped to the last pages where my annoyance had turned to resigned attempts to be funny (if you can't beat 'em....)

The end results were interesting to review.

But Kuntz still takes the cake.

I might have to go with the scientist. Both treads were communitu events in eykiw,but i was only present for one of them.

Very, very difficult. The Scientist's thread killed me at the time, and it's a hilarious, if excruciating reread. But Kunstmuseum is pure Interference legend, the result of a bunch of great minds at the top of their game working together solely to fool a couple of over-eager, naive fans. As much as I love a good trainwreck, pranking is my favourite game. I'm tempted to throw my vote away, but I've gotta go with the Kunst.

Yeah, this is a no brainer. The song contest was funny, but the Kustmuseum is Legendary!

Been there. Done that. Still have the ticket stub!

12 votes for this one so far. The results here aren't much different from what we were seeing from DI in the later editions, which is sadder for DI than it is for this upstart competition I decided to do on a whim.

Yea uhm, that's Zoots. :wink:

I just read back the entire Scientist thread. I really come across as an ass there :lol: Awesome.

My favourite still has to be I Still Haven't Found What I Was Looking For.

Oh and one more thing. The significance of the Save The Whalers setlist:
In retrospect, it was 2008. NLOTH wasn't out, 360 tour far away.

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet) With honourary mention to an intro snippet for Streets!

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) /Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) /( Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / "40" (snippet)

There's quite a lot of songs that were put in there for shits and giggles, that were actually played. Some even including snippets. Pretty fuckin' bizarre.

Okay, I went to the end of the thread where people lose their shit upon finding out it was a prank.

That's pretty funny.

But I got more pleasure out of watching The Scientist sink further and further into a hole and everyone pouring dirt on top of it.

Yep that's the funny part. I mean, it's so bloody obviously fake, yet people fell for it. That was hilarious. And then they got mad because they stupidly enough fell for it.

lazarus said:
Okay, I went to the end of the thread where people lose their shit upon finding out it was a prank.

That's pretty funny.

But I got more pleasure out of watching The Scientist sink further and further into a hole and everyone pouring dirt on top of it.

This doesn't count as a vote, Laz.

I take it Kuntz is one of the you had to be there, cos its really not 1) remotely believable or 2) funny. I only scrolled through the first page of the other one, which wasn't really enough apparently because I have no idea what that thread is about. I don't care enough to find out, either. No confidence here.

Galeongirl said:
Why can't we see who voted what here?

I have no idea, it would help me keep track of what to expect from match to match as far as participation goes. I'll fix it for the next poll.

PhilsFan said:
Yeah, the funny part about that was simply the people believing it, then losing their shit over it.

Dabiggestu2fan's posts in that thread are some of my all-time favorites.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Did he end up leaving the forum alltogether?

Nah, he was full of shit. His last visit to Interf was back in May, and he posted a bunch in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom