How will you get the money for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(vegetarian time folks, also i switched from CANNED beans to DRY beans which are even cheaper...that's right canned beans are out of my budget)

But if you eat canned beans, you can pee in the empty can and chuck it out the window. You can save lots of money on not having to flush the toilet. :hyper::lol:

Tax Return + work.

My tax return covers my tix to Chicago & Boston along with the gas to get to both places & the hotel accommodations. Working so I have some spending $$. :up:

I did consider becoming a high-priced call girl, but I am settling for a combination of presents and just eating even more cheaply (vegetarian time folks, also i switched from CANNED beans to DRY beans which are even cheaper...that's right canned beans are out of my budget) and drinking less/pregaming at home more. Plus advanced planning to save on train ticket prices.

Dry beans are way better, I'd never eat the canned stuff anyway, totally grosses me out...

maybe, we should do a Blue crack Car Wash?
16171.jpg

no?

:grumpy:

ONLY IF we get a few sexy, shirtless guysin shorts :hyper: along with the sexy gals!

:wink:

Reggie is already standing at corners wearing the thigh-high boots I made for him.
:up

.....After books, gas, rent, personal items, I was very......well, let's just say Ramen noodles and bologna became my best friends :up
You all just better keep your hands off my ramen!
I'll trade you a chicken flavor for a beef : D.
No way! mad: wink:
trade you a cup o noodles?wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::heart:

..... and just eating even more cheaply (vegetarian time folks, also i switched from CANNED beans to DRY beans which are even cheaper...that's right canned beans are out of my budget)

omg :lmao:

yes the dry beans DO taste better - having cooked them for like a decade or so, as part of a more vegetarian leaning food plan.

But my life is sort of extra busy :grumpy: in a certain way, and extra stressful : ( in two other areas that I do use can beans the last several years. I hope to return to more dry beans as things ease off eventually . :pray:
PS I'm afraid of pressure cookers, so a few are out as far as cooking from scratch: black, kidney & garbanznos.

I'm going to work, work, work to pay off my credit cards after I buy the tickets.

a hearty :up: and ***GOOD LUCK*** to everyone working extra or who has saved extras.

a big :( & ":hug: for all who can't go, are really struggling to try to get to a least one or 2 shows.

Two words from a self-employed contractor re: Tax Return
"What's that?"

OMG! lol...... I hear you! : (

I remember years ago when I first was a freelancer in Commercial Art, having switched from Office Work which I had done straight out of College....
... finding out I had to pay my (double from salaried work) share of Social Security!!! :huh: LOL

I have 2 people-- my sis & a Mutual (her) friend who'll be trying for NY/NJ show(s?) in the general sale.

The friend -who has used TM on-line for concerts for years is giving tips to my (slightly techno-challenged >) but I love her, anyway :wink: < sister for Monday on-line "satampede".

The ONLY THING I'm worried about IS that the friend was making noises about :
"i hope we're able to get all the tix we need.... so we don't have to leave anyone out" :yikes:

She was one of those fans burned in the Springsteen sale ... and I was the one LEFT OUT!
Now Springsteen is her ultimate fav, and the few tix were for her, her patner & his 2 best friends, my sis (also ultra Springsteen fan) and one her other best friends.

I could understand that (esp) her partner & his friends. I'm NOT sure whether the guy friend was as much of a Bruce fan as I am .

But in this group of people I am the Ultra U2 fan. And I will be very angry/hurt if she chooses her guy friend, or a friend from the office over me!!!

I hope :pray: that my sis is able to snag tix, as well. Our friend was happy to see that my sib is going to give it a go!

Also I hope and :pray: somehow maybe I could sell some artwork by the end of August to possibly get a tix to ?Boston, or a better seat if there's a second NY/NJ show, unless they add a Philly date later I might chose that instead less $ to pay for travel.

I never had the extra $$ to travel for U2 after JT tour (unfortunate outside circumstances) though I have been lucky to get to some multi-shows for Vertigo & Bomb Tours here in the N YC area. :yippie: by my sib & frinds lending me the money.

IF I don't get ANY tix... I'm taking the bus to Giants Stadium and stand outsdie!! ( I dod that for the end Bruce's tour in 2003? at <RIP :mad:> Shea Stadium, and the 2nd night someone gaveme a tix, and I got to see 2/3rds of the show! :hyper::heart:

there's always slowly collecting cans for a tix! :lol: :uhoh:

So I was going to buy my ticket to Dublin when the EDD check I was expecting today arrived. It wasn't a check :angry: It was a notice & duplicate form to fill out & go back to SDSU for my course instructor to sign AGAIN since I apparently mailed the last claim form THREE F*CKING DAYS EARLY. :doh: So I can't mail this form till after April 2nd which means I won't get that check until the week of April 6th. Which means I'm screwed unless a miracle happens.

BUT.......I won't give up. And I am hoping and :pray:ing airfare doesn't increase in the next 2 weeks either! I'm working on selling some stuff, listing on eBay and CraigsList and I call Plaza Research daily to see if they have any new forums I can qualify for to make some easy cash. I'm rolling the coins from the coin jar and taking cans to recycle....every penny counts!! :hyper:

I'll cut back on the number of shows I see and get one nice ticket for one show.

Maybe two. Maybe.

Same here. I'm using a frequent flier free ticket to get to Chicago and my tax refund for the show ticket. And I have a good job. :fingerscrossedikeepit:

I'm also passing up shows I might normally go to here, like Morrissey and David Bryne. I went to buy tickets and suddenly lost interest before I hit the purchase button.

Credit Card!! Honestly, I've no source of income besides student loans. By the time I'm done with my doctorate, I'll be 6 figures in debt anyway. When it's 6 figures, does it really matter what the numbers are? :wink:

Seriously though, I don't imagine it would be all that expensive. I'm doing GAs, and if I book the flights early enough, the price for the flight might be equivalent or cheaper than the concert ticket itself(Soufwest, holla!!) Staying with friends helps too.

In the meantime, you can make a package of ramen last a whole week just by adding frozen corn and peas, and chopped tofu.

Back
Top Bottom