Heatpocalypse 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently summer appeared again in Seattle over the weekend. I apparently missed it, as yesterday and today have been shitty and rainy again.

105 yesterday, according to the weatherman and the thingy in the car.

SU1HLTIwMTEwNzI4LTAwOTI1LmpwZw.jpg

i thnk today was, fuck i dont know, probably 101? Day # 30-something of 100+ degree temps this year. Kinda hope we break the record now (50 in a year 1980) that way they will shut up about it plus we are almost there.

lol

107 today, which is day # 38 of 100+ degree temps. 12 more days to go till we break the record! Wednesday they are actually forecasting 110. :combust:

Kinda sad watching the trees shrivel up and the leaves falling off, the yards turning brown and the big cracks in the ground. I water certain trees and grass, mostly though i just let it go. I just a little fish in a big dry pond.

the other day auckland had it's lowest high temperature on record. it snowed (not much, but enough) in auckland for the first time since just before hitler invaded poland.

in wellington, we currently have an emperor penguin who mysteriously turned up on a beach who is being nursed back to health before being returned to antarctica (emperor penguins never leave antarctica, so it's a big deal). his carers decided to let him outside in wellington to enjoy the cold and snow....and he turned around and went back inside immediately.

anyone want to trade?

anyone want to trade?

i dont know about that...one extreme to another i suppose

we finally hit day number 50 today of 100+ degree temps this year....which tied the record for OKC set back in 1980. Other parts of our state are much hotter with over 60 days. I think July we also set the record for hottest average temperature (average of the high + low for the month). I dont see how we could have beat Phoenix but i guess they got colder at night than we did. One more day of 100+ and we set the all time record for this city. BRING IT ON!

lol

107 today, which is day # 38 of 100+ degree temps. 12 more days to go till we break the record! Wednesday they are actually forecasting 110. :combust:

Kinda sad watching the trees shrivel up and the leaves falling off, the yards turning brown and the big cracks in the ground.
I water certain trees and grass, mostly though i just let it go. I just a little fish in a big dry pond.

:sad:

you in Texas.? ...there's such a bad drought there!

ETA: OKC ?

Oklahoma City, then?

right near the pan handle of Texas

i traveled by bus to the SOuth West head down south through Missouri, into OK, then west ?Tulsa , west into the pan handle of Texas and onto NM and AZ.

good Luck MG!

imho at least to about 110 or so in dry heat ... oh it's hot but the humidity in the SW tneds to be like ? 10- 15% most of the time!

BUT it doesn't envelope/cling/stick to you like 95 - 100F without heat index adde in above 55% humidity ( 60, 70, 80 %) :crack::crack::crack:

I remember being in the SW/AZ summer vacation when it was ?35- 40% humidity and oh ? 85 - 90F??

They were complaining about how bad the humidity was !
I understood AND I said at this time of year in NYC that forecast would be a pretty happy one in NYC!

Central Europe: Hottest week so far - which, btw, isn't that difficult, considering we had a shitty summer. July felt like fall. Now it's getting hotter and hotter with temperatures rising up to 37/38 degrees this week, no rain, not one single cloud in the skies. Ugh. Sucks if you're in the city and have so much stuff to do, but I try to go into gardens, parks and swimming as much as I can. Riding public transport is hell these days.

Back
Top Bottom