Has anyone gone to a Makers Faire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
been trying to get to this one in NYC (Queens) for 2 previous years- no luck but aiming for tomorrow; The World Makers Faire by Make Magazine. There are medium to smaller ones here in the USA and around the world!

There's alot of Tech, Electronics, Robots, but often combining these things also with Art, Crafts, Lights (like LEDs), Food and Cooking, Sustainabilty, Farming, Comunication etc!

They've also started breaking out the (RELATIVELY!) "inexpensive" newer Desktop 3-D Printers! I stared hearing about 3-D printers in the late ?80's/early 90's being used for manufactoring protoypes!

i'm hoping to learn more about using LEDs in art; Soft Circuitry= adding lights, sound, tech etc to clothes through among other things embroidery, begining electronics through Conductive Dough (yes, U read right), instead of wires :lol: , AND a mechanized flipbook!

Some of these things have kits so will be considering buying some...
I've always wanted to learn some basic electronics and use of small motors to do small kinetic scultures as well!

So why am I still up. :huh: I am also an idiot....well i didn't feel so gud (over-stressed) when i canme home (late thanks to sucky traffic twice today), but do feel better... should sleep better even w shorter hours, i hope!

I'll repoert back Sunday night or early this week! :D W00t! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom