guys, this was originally for alan jamison, but i'm sharing it with you anyway, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
see 2 A - yes, I agree, very British
2 B is American
actually, 2 C is close to Norn Irish, no English would say ta-mat. we would say 'givs a tamatie'

still Zooms. you gotta learn son. :up:

my english girlfriend helped me make this. :angry:

ach Zoomie. gawd I remember you and Red Ships. those times. anyhow.

marry her, love her, honour her, move to England and become a newsreader for ITN news.

I would happily fly home to witness you dolled up in a purple suit and yellow tie playing with your papers while reporting a major traffic jam.

:D

you're cheating on me Alan? you B$&*(*£()*$)*£()*!!!!!!!!

*packs Alans underpants and stupid fluffy socks into a massive suitcase as well as his big daft trombone*

you can go! NOW LEAVE! GET OUT!

*slams door*

*the top half breaks off*

No, I ain't cheatin' on ya. :wink: I'll be taking you out on Satuhday.

Yes, I said Satuh-day.

*sips tea whilst sitting at a Durham cafe.
*gives mad.point.one a coy grin across the table :evil:

*takes a f*Cking severe frazzled stressed drink from her cup of lime juice*

TAKE your hand of my knee, you doirty man.

I can't, all day Im washing my hair.

I have to now take every strand individually and massage it.

so you see? why dont you go down to the lake and met my mate Brandnewballs Billy. I think he may have a surprise in his pocket for you, and it wont be his wallet.

You only got yourself an English girlfriend 'cause I got one. :wink:

ha, do you really have one? i've been using lines of yours on her non-stop... particularly about affixing 3 marlboros to my my lower lip, and of course asking if she fancied a light.

she's not a big fan of the material.

7. what dating method does the british government, as well as british society at large use?
a) mm/dd/yy
b) dd/mm/yy
c) yy/mm/dd

today is 16 december 2008. though many websites such as the guardian and the times would, for example write december 16 2008, all would enter the date numberically as 16.12.08 (or substitute the decimals with /).

well this is odd. the day after i posted this, the guardian changed their method to dd/mm/yy as well.

one must assume that someone read what i said, and decided to change things.

day, month, year is the logical approach. I'm tired of looking at american dates, and having to figure out the intended meaning by virtue of the fact that there aren't 31 months in any year.

day, month, year is the logical approach. I'm tired of looking at american dates, and having to figure out the intended meaning by virtue of the fact that there aren't 31 months in any year.

tell me about it. i asked them if they could change it, but apparently the current forum software doesn't allow for it.

i've noticed in canada this is becoming more and more common too. the mm.dd.yy thing... but then again, most of the same people can't spell centre, favour, honour or per cent correctly either.

... i'm pretty hard on canada, i suppose. but i think that's fair, considering canadians, generally speaking, smack of hypocrisy when they accuse americans of being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom