Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
19523450_4cab42b5e5.jpg

Obviously dated photo since the price of a barrel now tops $75.00...but definitely a Crude Oil Future.

Last edited:
I emailed Exxon asking as part of their "community outreach," if one of their employees would mind giving me a ride to work given the price of gas. I even said I'd be willing to buy coffee in the morning. Haven't gotten a response back yet. :madspit: :sad:

randhail said:
I emailed Exxon asking as part of their "community outreach," if one of their employees would mind giving me a ride to work given the price of gas. I even said I'd be willing to buy coffee in the morning. Haven't gotten a response back yet. :madspit: :sad:

Use the coffee money for a bus ride or carpool :wink:

Unfortunately that's not reliable around here...most stations are out of gas and their prices are "low" because they haven't needed to update them. :| The lines to stations that actually have gas are horribly long and the prices are jacked WAY up over $3.

Cool, thanks for the link, Doozer. Now's that depressing time when I fill up at 1/2 tank so the total doesn't give me a heart attack. I still haven't paid over $3/gallon.:wink:

Oh my gosh....there's a gas station here with gas 50 cents cheaperthan what I've been paying

it's payday tomorrow so thanks Doozer

Uhhh...:reject: being one of the older posters, I remember my first car, 1959 Ford Fairlane; 18 gals and the cost of regular was only .19 cents a gal. (just for you inquiring minds, the car was 9 years old and this was in 1968).

.19 cents a gal....bottle of water at 7-11 is a $1.20...:shrug:

Mr. BAW said:
Pulled into the pump with 2 gals. in the tank; filled the Trailblazer up for $47.75. :|

I just filled up my Megane with diesel. 51 or so litres (13 gallons?). 56 euro (~ 70 dollar).
:|

Marty, our increase was seemingly overnight! locally, between Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning, the neighborhood stations went from $2.95 to $3.09+ a gal....

BAW's gonna have to start walkin to the bank, post office and market...:up:

Maybe the cost of oil is hitting President Bush as well....I just noticed that he is flying the much smaller version of Air Force One; he's been all over So. CA the last couple days, maybe not enough fuel to keep that big one in the air...

Yesterday's Presidential quote of the day...

"We need to put in new refineries to learn new refining techniques!"

:idiot:

We're nearing 4 buckeroos per gallon in Canada. It's only a matter of time.

I'm going to sign my lease over to my Mom when I go to law school this September, move a 4 minute walk from campus and then I'll be gas independent. Booyah!

Europeans also aren't as dependent on their cars as we Americans are, their public transit systems are much more efficient, they walk more, and bike more. It's a much better system that we Americans could learn a lot from.

Mr. BAW said:
Maybe the cost of oil is hitting President Bush as well....I just noticed that he is flying the much smaller version of Air Force One; he's been all over So. CA the last couple days, maybe not enough fuel to keep that big one in the air...

Yesterday's Presidential quote of the day...

"We need to put in new refineries to learn new refining techniques!"

:idiot:

he's in Irvine right now :shifty:

This makes me glad that I only use my car once a week for groceries. I'm like a little old lady... I've only filled my tank once since January. Unfortunately it's nearing time for a second trip to the gas station :|

I really feel sorry for my parents... there isn't any mass transit back home.

anitram said:

I'm going to sign my lease over to my Mom when I go to law school this September, move a 4 minute walk from campus and then I'll be gas independent. Booyah!

You will love it. I'm almost done with college, never had a car, and I've loved it. These days, so many other students and friends have cars, if you really *have* to get somewhere and don't have time to walk or find the bus route, it's not hard to find someone to take you, or pay someone a few dollars. I've also discovered, and can prove, that it takes the same amount of time to walk to school as it does to drive (b/c when you drive, you're dealing with longer lines at lights, plus most of the parking lots are halfway back to our house anyway!).

I feel for those with long commutes. I wish that more companies requiring workers to make commutes would give out company cars or reimburse for gas. With my dad's new job, he had to choose between working from home and doing a LOT of travelling (sometimes he has to take a plane from west Michigan over to Green Bay, Wisconsin, just for a 90 minute staff meeting!), or moving to Green Bay. He chose to stay home, so he gets a car and gas credit card for going to the big cities nearby.

dandy said:
it's well over $4 a gallon on the east coast. it's $1.21 a litre here.

Actually that's still below $4/gallon because I was referring to US dollars. You're like 5 cents off. We're not much better.

I hear in Kingston you can get it for 95 cents/litre.

We're at $1.10.

Back
Top Bottom