Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people will tell you the higher grade gas is better for the car's engine. :shrug: I never use anything but the regular unleaded.

I think it would have been much bigger news if they'd actually suspended the gas tax, and there'd have been a drop in gas prices already.

Friday morning, the nearest station regular unleaded was 4.03. Friday night: 4.13. Sunday morning: 4.19. Sheesh. It's definitely been creeping up more frequently around here than it did even just a few weeks ago, when it hovered just below 4.00 for at least a week or two.

Gas Prices have traditionally increased after Memorial Day. This latest increase might be apart of that.

I realize that prices increase after Memorial Day. But they've practically gone up an entire dollar. It's unacceptable ,and frustrating that it seems there's just nothing we can possibly do about it.

I'm very grateful that my commute allows me to easily take the bus, and that my workplace subsidizes the annual bus pass. Most weeks, I don't even use my car until the weekends, and even then not that often.

It's best to use the type of gas that's mentioned in your car's manual. :up:

this is true...we have to use the 89 or above which is about 10 cents more per gallon than the 87...if we use 87, our engine knocks and the check engine light comes on :grumpy:

I just spent the afternoon visiting a few local bike shops and test riding some bikes. It's been about 7 years since I've had a bike, and it makes sense now more than ever to start biking to work again.

I've got my eyes on the Trek 7.5fx:
trek75fx.jpg

It's a bit above my preferred price range, but it feels much nicer than the next model down. Trouble is, no shops in my area carry it in a big enough size for me. :grumpy:

I just spent the afternoon visiting a few local bike shops and test riding some bikes. It's been about 7 years since I've had a bike, and it makes sense now more than ever to start biking to work again.

It's a bit above my preferred price range, but it feels much nicer than the next model down. Trouble is, no shops in my area carry it in a big enough size for me. :grumpy:

I think I have a 7.5 or 7.6! :up: Good bike.

The shop had to locate one for me and have it "traded" from a shop in (oddly enough) Northern California. This was a few years ago though. :)

Mr. BAW used to fill up his first car for 13-cents a gallon....but that was in 1968. :shrug:

I got my first car just before my senior year of college almost 10 years ago, and I used to complain about the gas stations near campus gouging the students by charging $1.25 a gallon. :sigh:

If I didn't have to go through some sketchy neighborhoods, I would definitely ride my bike 7 miles to work, to get more exercise as well as save gas.

:scream:

$4.41. 13 cents in one day. 35¢ in a week.

:grumpy:

In happier news, I bought a bike:

FCR-3-Black-Brushed.jpg

Giant FCR 3. Not quite as good looking as the Trek FX series, but more comfortable, and cheaper! :D I figured since it's primarily going to be basic transportation to and from work, I don't need to get too fancy. I do need to get a more comfortable saddle, though.

Nice bike - looks like you found one that fits you, albeit not the one you originally pictured.

I feel I may be trapped in my house for a while :sad:

I almost got a Trek FX, then I actually decided I preferred Devinci bikes and then I was served notice to move to NYC for half the summer so now I'm in a position where buying a bike makes little sense.

There was a strike here over the weekend - Shell tanker drivers campaigning for a payrise. there was a petrol station who decided to cash in and was selling unleaded for £1.99 a litre - that's more than £9 a gallon! Unbelievable...

The standard price here at the mo is around £1.17 a litre. Crippling doesn't even begin to cover it...and now energy companies are saying household fuel prices are likely to go up by 40% this year. I have no idea how I'm going to pay my bills or get to work :shrug: :mad:

Well I don't know what to think. 2 weeks ago I got half a tank and paid $4.59/gal and today did the same at the same station at the same price. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are the gas prices stabilizing?

And how can gas be a whole dollar less in another state? Carlos, you should've filled a gas truck and brought it back with you!!

I filled up my tank for the first time since prices went over $4. I thank (insert deity of choice here) that I have a small tank, because I was able to fill 'er up for $38.41. That's very do-able.

Our prices around here have fluctuated between around $1.35 and $1.48. :sigh: Highest in all of Canada, I believe! :happy:

I filled my tank for $61.04 on Monday. :| If taking the bus was an option where I live, I'd be doing that in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom