Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple weeks ago I paid $1.11 per gallon here. I did have 50 cents off per gallon with my grocery store card to get that price, but I was thrilled anyway. :)

Last week I purposely waited until my tank got to E before filling up so I could see how much I'd spend on a full tank. $20.36! I was shocked! I don't remember what I paid per gallon but I was more than happy with pay $20 bucks for a full tank of gas since this summer I paid over $40. :angry:

Last week I purposely waited until my tank got to E before filling up so I could see how much I'd spend on a full tank. $20.36! I was shocked! I don't remember what I paid per gallon but I was more than happy with pay $20 bucks for a full tank of gas since this summer I paid over $40. :angry:

Most I paid last summer=$49
What I paid on Sunday=$20

I drove by today. I believe it was actually $1.79 yesterday and today is was $1.83. WTF? Oil was supposed to be down. :angry: Every day for the last month or two I'd drive by the corner station and the gas price would be down from the previous day. So today I'm a little pissed off about it, especially since everyone else is paying much less. Damn California! :madspit:

I drove by today. I believe it was actually $1.79 yesterday and today is was $1.83. WTF? Oil was supposed to be down. :angry: Every day for the last month or two I'd drive by the corner station and the gas price would be down from the previous day. So today I'm a little pissed off about it, especially since everyone else is paying much less. Damn California! :madspit:

Washington's not too much cheaper....

I think the price hike, albeit small, is due to the upcoming holiday plus the fact that you live near a main interstate where people will need to get gas and go...(translation ONLY SLIGHT gouging!)

JMO!

Well I'm not right off the 101 or anything, but still. It used to drop anywhere from 3-8 cents daily. It was still $1.83 this morning :shrug: I remember filling up over the summer and it was like $50. I was stunned.

The best part is that Canada has the most oil after the Saudis.

I'm in Minneapolis right now and it's $1.59. It was $1.47 in Phoenix this afternoon. My dad said the difference is due to the "winter mix" of fuel.

Our corner station has been $1.95 for about 2-3 weeks now :grumpy: Usually he's quite competitive. There was one period when all the stations nearby were LESS than his pricing, even the station across the street (which is unheard of!). Those guys are back to $2.03. :sigh:

gas_prices.jpg

Before I left on vacation in mid-Dec, it was around 76 cents/litre at most gas stations in my area. This morning I noticed it was back up to 89 cents. :angry: Hopefully it will go back down before my next fill-up.

I'm honestly expecting $4.50/gal again once the weather warms up. Now that they've found out that they can get away with it, it'll be the new norm. $4.50/gal in the summer, then $1.50 in the winter to cool everyone's jets - until the next summer.

I'm honestly expecting $4.50/gal again once the weather warms up. Now that they've found out that they can get away with it, it'll be the new norm. $4.50/gal in the summer, then $1.50 in the winter to cool everyone's jets - until the next summer.

I agree, cydewaze--just because they *can*! :angry:

A week ago, it was $1.36 here in central Indiana. By last Friday, it was $1.59. Monday it was $1.83. Today it is $1.99. :mad: WTF, indeed!

Last time I filled up it was 94.7c a litre. This was E10 and I had to use a voucher, but a tank is lasting me 2 weeks at the moment. I love going days without driving anywhere.

I'm gonna start on the premium now that it's so much cheaper.

Went from $1.71 to $1.94 in the three and a half hours I was at school today. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom