Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me (in the Midlands, UK), to get to work on the bus every day would cost me about seven pounds a day. That's near on $14.

Driving costs me £5 per day.

Either way, it's damned expensive. Plus, as has been stated earlier in this thread, the rising price of oil means that food and household bills have gone up hugely. All a massive worry for me, as I live on my own, and have to find the money to pay the bills out of my one pay cheque. I'm doing ok at the moment, as I've got a temporary promotion at work, but when that ends in March, I will be screwed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ith-andpound1,300-rise-in-cost-of-living.html

corianderstem said:
Yeah, I have to say that it rubs me the wrong way a little bit when non-Americans chide us for complaining about gas prices.

I understand that we pay a lot less than other countries, but that doesn't mean a lot of Americans don't hurt when our prices rise little by little.

At work, I talk to employees who are working retail, trying to provide for a family on wages that are frankly, not nearly enough to do so. They struggle to make ends meet as it is, and rising gas prices mean something else has to not get paid to ensure they can get to work.

What a slap in the face to have imply they should suck it up and stop their bitching, because they're not really paying that much for gas in comparison.
:yes: i just don't see why it has to be a competition, who's got it worse. why can't americans complain about how much our gas prices have risen over the last couple years, when most cities have shitty public transportation, without being told how much more other people pay? it doesn't seem like anyone's saying "atlanta pays more than anyone in the world" or anything.

there is no bus line (all we have here are buses) that goes from my house to my job. i have to drive. luckily i live nearby and have turned down job offers much further away because i don't want to spend more in gas.

According to the latest EIA data -
despite the 75 cents/gal higher price compared to the same week in 2007, gasoline demand is only .4% lower.

£1.26 per fucking litre for diesel here, this is a fucking disgrace.
Can someone tell me when it became more expensive to produce diesel, it doesn't seem that long ago when it was nearly a third the price of petrol.
It would seem the tree hugging community have managed to convince governments worldwide the car is THE single biggest threat to the myth that is global warming!

£1.26 per fucking litre for diesel here, this is a fucking disgrace.
Can someone tell me when it became more expensive to produce diesel, it doesn't seem that long ago when it was nearly a third the price of petrol.
It would seem the tree hugging community have managed to convince governments worldwide the car is THE single biggest threat to the myth that is global warming!

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with competition from rising economies on the oil market, speculation on said market, or the fact that cleaner technologies are neglected in favour of gas guzzling SUVs.

Can someone tell me when it became more expensive to produce diesel

In the US, wholesale gasoline prices are up around 40% over the past 4 months, while diesel is up around 60%. Crude oil prices are up around almost 50%, and account for around 70% of the product price. Demand for diesel has increased at a faster rate than for gasoline in Europe, China, and the US. The US also now requires ultra low sulphur diesel, which costs more to refine.

i filled up last week, and it costs about $3.77 where i live. although it's a pain (literally!) for me to drive right now, so i'm not sure when i'll get gas next :hmm:

i ended up paying $3.52 for gas though :hi5:

I currently live in Phoenix but am home visiting my family in Minneapolis. I was surprised to see gas was about the same in both cities, about $3.80. Everything else seems to be so much more expensive in Phoenix so I just assumed gas would be higher. I did drive to Southern CA about 2 weeks ago and had to pay $4.11. I was running low and wasn't sure where I'd find another gas station so I filled up. :angry: I was so frustrated, especially since it was about $3.60 in Phoenix. Thankfully I live really close to work, a grocery store, and Target so I don't have to get a lot of gas for my weekly routine, just when I want to go out of my way somewhere, so I only have to fill up about every 2 weeks.

oh and another thing....I came home about a month ago too. I took a shuttle to the airport and paid $12 + tip. This time, it was $13 + tip. The extra $1.00 was due to the gas increases. :crack: I have to come back to MN for a wedding in August. I hate to see how much the shuttle will be by then! :der: Surprisingly, my flight prices for all 3 of my trips have held about the same at $260. Not bad considering I've paid over $300 in the past.

The newly remodeled Chevron station near my home finally opened. On the way to work yesterday, it was $3.99 a gallon. On the way home it was $4.04. On the way to work this morning it was $4.09! What the hell happened in the last 24 hours? :tsk:

Gas prices have been crazy the last few days. My corner gas station has gone up 15 cents in 48 hours. from $4.06 to $4.21, and this station is pretty much the cheapest one in the area.

Something has got to happen soon to put a lid on the gas prices from raising by the minute! This is such a rip off and pisses me off sitting here trying to think up alternative ways to do things so as not to use gas since I can't afford as much of it anymore. :rant:

Holy shit - the Citgo station near my apartment was $4.03 when I went to work yesterday morning, and $4.13 when I came home around midnight. Yoinks.

Well sounds like what my sster said wasn't true then, or no one's noticed.

According to her, they finally did get rid of the gas tax :shrug:

It's anywhere between $4.25 and $4.60 in the greater Stamford, CT area. :love:

I love that the no matter the price, the higher grade stuff is only 10 cents more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom