Funny and/or Embarrassing Things You've Said

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
So today I was discussing music with my friend and he asked me what my favorite U2 era was. I really tired and I said Unforgettable Fire and Unforgettable Joshua Tree!:lmao: I couldn't stop laughing for a long time! So that got me thinking, what are some of the funny things you have said?

In German class when I was 15 I had to write the phrase "he shot the goal" on the board and I wrote "he shit the goal" (schießen/scheißen). I still have no idea what I was doing, I *never* got the ei's and ie's messed up in German, except that one time of course... Oh well, our German group was...interesting. That was not even close to the most embarrassing thing that happened in that class...

There's not enough room on Andy's server for me to post the most embarrassing, foot-in-mouth, things I've said.....but this oughta be good...

Like when you were trying to order a "Spicy Jack" combo in the drive-thru and you kept asking for a "Jackie Spice" combo? :hyper:

Or when you tried to order a "Carne Estrada" burrito at Rubios? :D

:lmao:

carneestrada.jpg

In German class when I was 15 I had to write the phrase "he shot the goal" on the board and I wrote "he shit the goal" (schießen/scheißen). I still have no idea what I was doing, I *never* got the ei's and ie's messed up in German, except that one time of course... Oh well, our German group was...interesting. That was not even close to the most embarrassing thing that happened in that class...

:lmao: OH my grandpa did that too, when he was a kid. He was trying to teach a german kid how to properly throw paper planes. He kept telling him 'nicht so scheißen, So scheißen!'. And didn't have a clue why the kid laughed his ass off!

I love you.

In Radiology class, my professor likes to mix things up every now and again by throwing in these bizarre pictures during his powerpoint lecture. Yesterday he was flipping through the slides before class started. He stopped on one of a doctor looking through a dog's mouth with a flashlight, and the light was coming out of the dog's bum.

Since this was before class officially started, we were all just sitting and chatting. My friend and I were, ironically, talking about dogs (she wants to get one.) I looked up and saw that picture and said "wow, you should get that one. you can see straight through its asshole."

Just my luck, at that moment, the class was virtually silent, so everyone, including the professor heard it, and laughed. He said to me (in front of the class) "Mia, I'm offended!" (he was joking.) I responded "Sorry bout that, but I bet you're not as offended as that dog."

I didn't say this, but a guy I worked with thought that Ash Wednesday was on Sunday. A bunch of us were talking and he came up and we were talking about how the next day was Ash Wednesday and he said that it should be busy on Sunday then. I asked him after that what day does the 4th of July fall on.

OK - a funny one from when I was about 4yrs old: my mom's oldest sister & her family lived in Cartagena, Colombia when I was growing up. My family traveled to see them one summer & the trip involved driving to Miami then flying the remainder of the way. From southeastern NC where we live, Miami's about a 12hr drive.... a verrrrrry long time for a kid to sit in a car. All the way there, the adults (my parents, my mom's other sister & her husband) kept talking about Miami this, Miami that, etc., etc. My mom says after several hours of driving, I finally got her attention & asked, "Mommy, when are we going to get to your Ammi?" :cute:

And, an embarrassing adult one: Kelly & I had recently taken a vacation that involved air travel & we'd had some general fuckery trying to get back home (canclled flight, a change of carriers, lost luggage, arrival at an airport other than where we'd left our car, etc. etc.). A day or so after we got back home, my BFF called me to chat...I casually asked what she & her hubby were doing & she answered they had just sat down to watch a movie. Naturally, I asked which one & she told me "A Perfect Storm". Well that had been one of the in-flight movies shown during our previous week's flying. I thought that since it had been an airline's in-flight movie that it was an older release & that MOST people would have already seen, or at the very least, known the outcome of the movie. I didn't even hesitate to tell her, "Why would you watch that?! It's so depressing... everybody dies!" There was this awful silence at the other end before she said, "What?!?!?", then very dejectedly tell her husband, "Never mind - Lisa just told me how it ends." That's when I realized she had no idea about the ending. :ohmy:

That's been about 7yrs ago now but she makes sure to remind me about it whenever she can. I'm sure I'll be hearing, "They all die!" for a long, long time. :lol:

I always anticipate what people are gonna say to me, like I walked into a store and I thought the guy was gonna say how are you, but he said whats up, I replied "good". I also say "you too" to everything, like if a server says enjoy your food, I say " you too" and I feel stupid, like I wanna correct it by saying somethiing like " in case you get a lunch break or something" Im a dork. I also said it to a cab driver dropping me off by the train tracks , " enjoy your trip" he says, I say " you too" lol I wasnt even taking a train, I was going to my hangout at the bar.lol

Once upon a time long, long ago, during my wedding vows when the part came when I had to repeat after the minister the line "In plenty and in want" I was so nervous I said "In plenty and in....WHAT?" and there was lots of snickering and laughter. We joked about that for years. Haha the marriage ended in divorce, maybe because I flubbed the line! :lol:

ETA: This is a great thread!

haha another one, when I was a junior in high school I was on the phone with my then girlfriend, and I accidentlly called her by my ex's name twice in the same conversation, needless to say I had a lot of butt kissing to do.

Yesterday my step-sister and I were talking about the 4th of July, and I said "I can't even think of what day it is" and she goes "I think it's the 12th."

A few months back, one of my friends got side swiped and was going to have to get the right side of her car repainted. She wasn't able to get it into the shop right away after the insurance claim went through, so they told her she could still drive it for a few days until she could take it in. She came and picked me up (since my car was in the shop too:lol:) and on the way back to her house we were talking about her taking the car in the next day. She pulled into her drive way, and I looked out at the curb in front of her house (where she usually parks) and go, "Where's your car?!" She looks at me like I'm a complete idiot, and goes "Um, we're sitting in it." Yeah, I felt like a dumbass.:lol:

^:lol:

I used to think the song 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' by Aerosmith was 'Do It Like A Lady'. :lmao: My mom still makes fun of me.....

:lol: I used to say exactly the same thing to my Mum when i had heard the song on Mrs Doubtfire.

I was in Subway a few years back on my lunch break and instead of asking for a 6 inch Sub i asked for a 6 foot Sub. :lmao: I started laughing my ass off but the person who served me didn't seem to have a sense of humour about it. The rest of the customers found it amusing though. :wink:

At a previous job, I was leaving a voicemail for my boss, and I accidentally said, "I love you," at the end of the message. :crack: I panicked and quickly added, "Wait! No I don't!" Yeah...like tacking that on the end was going to make things better. :doh: :reject:

I have a funny one to add. Today was my dad's birthday and I was asking him what the day was (as in the 1st or so) and he says "It's the 27th, remember it's my birthday" "I was like oh that's right duh!:doh:" Haha. I felt really embarrassed and dumb asking the question!:lol:

Something I have never lived down, is the time when in school I was learning about the convicts coming to australia on ships. I asked my grandparents why they were sent to australia, I assumed they were convicts because they arrived in australia on a boat. :reject:

:ohmy:
Did he say anything about it afterwards?
That sucks! :lol:

The next day at work, he came by to tell me something and then said, "By the way...I got your message." He looked at me funny, gave a smirk and a little laugh, shook his head a bit, and walked away. :reject: :lol:

The next day at work, he came by to tell me something and then said, "By the way...I got your message." He looked at me funny, gave a smirk and a little laugh, shook his head a bit, and walked away. :reject: :lol:

OMG - I don't know if that's the funniest or most mortifying 'mis-speak' I've ever heard of. I kind of feel bad laughing about it, but it's only because I could totally see myself scrambling just as hard to recover from blurting something like that out to my boss or a coworker! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom