For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, leave the door open (trust me you won't win the battle of a closed door).. and doggie doors (if you are referring to the dog gates metal or plastic) won't keep them out they will climb over them or jump.

I have had cats (since I was a kid) for years and I have never had one that didn't mind a closed door. All of them scratched at till it was opened.

No doggie door as in the flap animals can go through when a door is closed.

My cat doesn't mind a closed door at night as long as he's on the same side of it as me. He's also spoiled and has his own pillow to sleep on.

"All your bed R belong to us."

(Fergus, Finnula, Bronwyn, and Callie co-exist for the first time! :love:)

AllYourBedRBelongToUs.jpg

That's great, they are starting to get along really nicely. The first thing that popped into my head was, Holy Crap there's going to be a lot of hair on that bed :huh:

but wouldn't they still go thru? Unless u could secure it from opening regardless the cats will still scratch.

I don't mind the cats being in my room, it's that I like to have the bedroom doors closed for privacy reasons. The cats get free range of the house with the exception of the powder room, and they don't even bother trying to claw that door. We're renting our spare room out to a friend right now and when our room is messy I just close the door to hide it.

^ ^ They're not shedding much right now--but I guess we have that to look forward to! :lol: As MrPurrl once said, "The amount of cat hair on your clothes shows how much you love your cats." :heart:

A stray cat ventured into our backyard this morning. Sheldon went bananas. Not like he was going to attack, he was just so excited, he didn't know what to do. He bounced back and forth between two windows trying to see the cat and where it was going. It was like watching a little kid. It was hilarious. He'd turn around and meow at me then bounce to the other window. We had breakfast and a show.

speaking of stray cats...my parents now have one. my mom saw a tiny cat and went to offer it some food, and it jumped in the car instead. so it's chilling in the sunroom until they can find out if it's lost or just a stray. it seems awfully domesticated, but bobo had a sweet personality too and he was definitely a stray.

she's a cutie:
6sxdhw.jpg

2zz518i.jpg

These are my cats:

Lucy, named after the Charlie Brown character.
7130285529_e54733b92e.jpg

Finn, named after Finnegan's Wake.
6984202554_c5b25bd37d.jpg

They're not related at all, we adopted them separately. I think Lucy is a few weeks older than Finn. Both are around 2 now though.

Hairballs are vile. Especially when they end up all over my laptop! :scream:

Sheldon has been brushed thoroughly so hopefully it won't happen again tonight. I had enough hair left over to make another cat. Or a kitten at least.

I must have some sort of magical touch. I've had five cats over the course of my life, and I've cat-sit for various neighbors with cats since I was 11, and I've never once seen a hairball. Not once.

Thank you! I think so too.

do you feed them wet food? My cat is medium hair and has never had a hairball but he eats mainly wet food. My sister's cat only eats dry food and has hairballs a few times a week. I lived with that cat for almost 3 years and would find them everywhere. So gross. I can't stand opening a can of cat food the first thing in the morning but if that's that the trick to keeping my guy hairball free then I'll take that yucky smell over cleaning up hairballs any day.

do you feed them wet food? My cat is medium hair and has never had a hairball but he eats mainly wet food. My sister's cat only eats dry food and has hairballs a few times a week. I lived with that cat for almost 3 years and would find them everywhere. So gross. I can't stand opening a can of cat food the first thing in the morning but if that's that the trick to keeping my guy hairball free then I'll take that yucky smell over cleaning up hairballs any day.

Yes, only wet food. After doing a lot of research I found that dry food is worse for your cat. My old two cats (still alive, they're with my dad) live off of dry food and they don't have hairballs, though.

My old cat once threw up on my laptop when my sister left if open and unattended. $800 repair bill :reject:

Speaking of cat hair, I just bought a furminator and holy crap does that thing get a lot of hair off when brushing. Wally still hates being brushed, so I can only get a few strokes in before he turns into bitey cat, but I can see why the furminator is so expensive. It really works!

:lol: OH dear, so THAT is the reason we have so many. Miep usually eats dry food, wet food is a special ocasion for her, when she needs to have her anti flea meds she gets it(once a month), or on birthdays and such.

:crack: I rejoiced too early about Miep being back to the way she was. Seems like whatever infection she had in her ear was stronger than the antibiotics she got for her paw. After a few weeks of her suddenly being herself again, she's now back to being deaf as can be and slow and lethargic. Ugh. this sucks. And getting a full checkup is going to be really expensive, as they'll have to knock her out since she struggles too much to let them check her ears. It's worth it for me, but the cat's in my mom's name. So she'll have to decide.

Back
Top Bottom