For Cat Lovers Only XVIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_0414.jpg

i haz bear

Sheldon goes to the vet tomorrow. Yearly check-up and shots. He is not going to be happy with me, lol.

Hi Guys, I had a question about various cat foods or diets and wanted to get some ideas from all of you.

I think I mentioned a while back that Keto was diagnosed with Hyper Thyroid. Poor guy, had been losing weight very steadily until he was looking scary thin.

We have been working with the vet over the last few months to figure out the best dosage of the medicine he needs to take daily.

The good news is that we now have finally brought his hyper thyroid under control and all his levels are back to normal.

Unfortunately, since all this has been going on he lost a lot of weight.

We want to help him put on at least four or five pounds.

So the question is, is there a special diet or particular foods he can have which will help him gain weight?

I haven't posted a picture of Keto in forever so....

Ketoathome-17.jpg

Hi Guys, I had a question about various cat foods or diets and wanted to get some ideas from all of you.

I think I mentioned a while back that Keto was diagnosed with Hyper Thyroid. Poor guy, had been losing weight very steadily until he was looking scary thin.

We have been working with the vet over the last few months to figure out the best dosage of the medicine he needs to take daily.

The good news is that we now have finally brought his hyper thyroid under control and all his levels are back to normal.

Unfortunately, since all this has been going on he lost a lot of weight.

We want to help him put on at least four or five pounds.

So the question is, is there a special diet or particular foods he can have which will help him gain weight?

I haven't posted a picture of Keto in forever so....

Ketoathome-17.jpg

Hi, Keto! :love:

When we first took Fergus in as a stray and took him to the vet for his first exam, shots, etc., we learned that Fergus was very malnourished. The vet suggested feeding him kitten chow for a month to build him up. What does your vet suggest?

Well, Honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with the Vet's first suggestion and that's why I wanted to get opinions from others and then go back to the vet with some more questions.

When I asked the Vet about helping Keto regain some of the lost weight, her first suggestion was prescription food which is enriched with proteins, etc.

My immediate reaction was, why do we need to put him on prescription food, she's just trying to milk some extra money out of this. Its not like Keto's not eating his regular food. He still eats his normal food that he's been getting for years. I just wanted to know if there's anything extra we can do, not change his entire diet.

So I want to see what other options are out there.

Last October, the feral calico mama kitty that we've been feeding in the back yard for the past few years proudly lead three kittens out from under the shed. One of them disappeared back before Christmas, but we are still feeding the other two. We're trying to socialize them so we can find homes for them--I wish we could take them in, but we can't because our Callie and Fergus are 9 and 7 years old respectively and very set in their ways.

MrPurrl named this one "Rambo"--he looks like he has some Siamese heritage:

Rambo111311.jpg

and this one is "Shy":

Shy110211-2.jpg

They are just now beginning to let us touch them when we're feeding them, and they are so cute!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll reasearch those products and figure out which one would Keto like the most.

One of the wierder side effects of all of this stuff with him has been his dry food consumption.

He has always had a bowl of dry food availbe 24 hours a day. he normally just grazes from it every now and then. But ever since his Thyroid has been brought under control, over the last couple of months, he barely eats any dry food anymore.

Sheldon's got the opposite problem. When I took him to the vet, they said he was a few pounds overweight. Too bad I can't suck some of the fat off Sheldon and give it to Keto.

Hope he gets better, DM.

One cat is leaving hair fucking everyone and her favourite spot to sleep is on my bed and the other cat walks round the house waiting for a male cat to give her one.

Wesley has been sneezing a ton that past few days. He's not doing anything out of the norm otherwise. But this morning was a huge sneezefest so now I'm a little concerned. How does a house cat who is never around other cats get a cold? At least I'm assuming that's what it is...

so cute :drool: I hope you're able to get him back up to his weight. I have no suggestions as I'm clueless about something like that but I will say in terms of food, Wesley also eats Blue Buffalo and loves it. He was iffy about other dry foods until I found that one and now there are days he doesn't want to eat his wet food because he wants more dry.

Back
Top Bottom