Drinking coffee everyday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to drink several cups of coffee daily until I was laid off work in the fall 2007. Now I have a cup now and then, or iced coffee. Maybe a couple cups a week. I am trying to give up soda too but it's hard after drinking so much for so many years. Small steps though....

I used to drink alcohol, too. I just got bored of it a few years ago and so I stopped. I still love hanging out in dive bars and such.

Let's review the facts about NSW:

1. Jew
2. Will power to turn away from the best things on earth
3. Still hangs out with sinners in dive bars
4. Proclivity for toppling unrighteous leadership structures
5. Brought PowerJuice to the world's attention.

I deduce that NSW is in fact the messiah.

NSW, please call your rabbi to confirm. Use this language. "Rabbi, I've stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine. I now survive on PowerJuice alone. I believe I am the messiah. What do I do next?"

That should do it.

I obv stuck with the cocaine
crack.gif

Coffee Health Risks: For the moderate drinker, coffee is safe says Harvard Women’s Health Watch( Boston , MA )

Despite 20 years of reassuring research, many people still avoid caffeinated coffee because they worry about its health effects. However, current research reveals that in moderation—a few cups a day—coffee is a safe beverage that may even offer some health benefits. The September issue of Harvard Women's Health Watch weighs the pros and cons of this popular beverage and eases the concerns of moderate coffee drinkers.

The latest research has not only confirmed that moderate coffee consumption doesn't cause harm, it's also uncovered possible benefits. Studies show that the risk for type 2 diabetes is lower among regular coffee drinkers than among those who don't drink it. Also, coffee may reduce the risk of developing gallstones and cavities, discourage the development of colon cancer, improve cognitive function, reduce the risk of liver damage in people at high risk for liver disease, and reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease. Coffee has also been shown to improve endurance performance in long-duration physical activities.

For those who drink coffee to stay alert, new research suggests that you'll stay more alert, particularly if you are fighting sleep deprivation, if you spread your coffee consumption over the course of the day. For instance, if you usually drink 16 ounces in the morning, try consuming a 2-3 ounce serving every hour or so. Again, moderation is the key.

However, as the September issue notes, coffee is not completely innocent. Caffeine, coffee's main ingredient is a mild addictive stimulant. And coffee does have modest cardiovascular effects such as increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and occasional irregular heartbeat that should be considered. Studies have been largely inconclusive regarding coffee and its effect on women's health issues such as breast health, cancer, and osteoporosis. But, the negative effects of coffee tend to emerge in excessive drinking so it is best to avoid heavy consumption.

article Coffee Health - Coffee Risk

I'm down a bit from two or three pots a day last year to almost half that. I now drink half regular coffee and half decaf. It's OK I guess.

Let's review the facts about NSW:

1. Jew
2. Will power to turn away from the best things on earth
3. Still hangs out with sinners in dive bars
4. Proclivity for toppling unrighteous leadership structures
5. Brought PowerJuice to the world's attention.

I deduce that NSW is in fact the messiah.

NSW, please call your rabbi to confirm. Use this language. "Rabbi, I've stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine. I now survive on PowerJuice alone. I believe I am the messiah. What do I do next?"

That should do it.

I want to poke a minor flaw in this theory...It's hard for me to believe the second coming would cheer for the Sixers or Islanders. :sigh:

I've started reducing my coffee intake on Sunday and I've had two weird dreams since. Coincidence? :uhoh:

Your body is desiring.

They say stop drinking so much coffee during the day and we should never be drinking those power-drinks (energy).

Thank gosh I dont drink coffee, just the hot choccie but my gawd I fill the cup half with powder to give it thick flavour!

:lol:

should not be doing that :shame:

I only drink coffee daily when I'm in study mode (aka now :crack: ) My mom drinks it every day and is a huge grouch if she doesn't, literally mean and in a bad mood. So I guess it is "addictive". I read in a book that the acids in coffee cause your body to produce fat cells. Who knows if it's actually true, but that really caused me to cut down on the coffee unless I'm studying. I also find that if I drink too much coffee or caffeine I get terrible stomach aches. And I also think that when I'm in the library drinking coffee all day I actually sleep better at night, probably because I crash at the end of the day when I stop drinking it.

This might sound sick, but it's actually quite delicious: add a tablespoon or so of chocolate whey protein powder to your coffee. It's like the best hot chocolate in the world, with extra kick. Great for fuelling those long hikes, or those times when you don't have time to eat normal food for breakfast.

(These are the kinds of lame experiments I've conducted in order to compensate for not doing hard drugs.)

This might sound sick, but it's actually quite delicious: add a tablespoon or so of chocolate whey protein powder to your coffee. It's like the best hot chocolate in the world, with extra kick. Great for fuelling those long hikes, or those times when you don't have time to eat normal food for breakfast.

(These are the kinds of lame experiments I've conducted in order to compensate for not doing hard drugs.)

What a great idea! I'm gonna try it. :up:

I just made the switch to decaf this week so I need a li'l something to make my coffee more interesting and I love whey protein powder.

Back
Top Bottom