Cheap, humane ways to kill Dalton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iams food is really nasty, on the spectrum of available cat kibbles. Pretty much any grocery store brand is bad. I would 1) brush the cats often to help remove undercoat, 2) first try a better diet in general (doesn't necessarily have to be a "hair ball" formula, just ANYTHING better than Iams). I don't know much about hairballs, maybe canned food would be better? I have 3 cats and only one gets hairballs, like once every few months.

skho8.gif

:lol:

I found a winner!

0054.gif

Iams food is really nasty, on the spectrum of available cat kibbles. Pretty much any grocery store brand is bad. I would 1) brush the cats often to help remove undercoat, 2) first try a better diet in general (doesn't necessarily have to be a "hair ball" formula, just ANYTHING better than Iams). I don't know much about hairballs, maybe canned food would be better? I have 3 cats and only one gets hairballs, like once every few months.

Thanks Lies, what cat food do you recommend? I'm not going to mess with canned cat food, though.

What in the sam hell is a furminator?

And again, Sicy will laugh when she reads that initial post because she knows I spent a shit load of money saving one of their lives a year ago.

here: FURminator.com Store

my cat actually loves this and she tends to be on the psycho side. She also pukes up hairballs a lot but hasn't since I have been using this and she is a short hair.

Exactly, except my cats puke up a yellow turds that I just stepped on. No shoes. No socks. TGIF

:love:Dalton's cats

Yeah, the Furminator is awesome. Definitely give that a try. It removes the undercoat which is the fur that sheds, and what they'd be ingesting.

FURminator

You can get really good deals on them on eBay.

I want to know what the thread title was originally.

Thanks Lies, what cat food do you recommend? I'm not going to mess with canned cat food, though.

Personally I won't feed any of my animals anything containing corn, wheat, soy, or gluten. I want the first ingredient to be a meat or a meat meal (not a "by-product meal").

My cats get things like Felidae, Eagle Pack Holistic, Natural Balance, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, Wellness, Solid Gold Katzen Flocken.... I have to go to pet stores other than Petsmart or the grocery store, but it's not much more expensive than crappy food and it's better so you feed less.

Wet food is better for cats in general because many cats don't drink enough water when they eat solid food and that's why so many get crystals or chronic UTIs or bladder infections. Luckily none of my cats have had either but if they did or had any other issue I would switch to wet food first.

And, if you really wanted to get rid of them, I would have them put down before bringing them to a shelter. Most adult cats with known issues don't get adopted and shelter life is very hard for cats b/c they are caged in small cages unlike dogs who get runs. Personally I would put a cat to sleep before I would surrender one at the shelter.

Please continue the serious part of this discussion in the appropriate thread.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...t-pics-ask-questions-comments-etc-188719.html

As for your problem.. even if they're short hair you need to brush them. Mine get hairballs too even in the Winter.
Also, make sure they are actually throwing up hairballs, if its just food and/or spit and they're doing it frequently it could be a more serious issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom