Calvin & Hobbes Appreciation Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so my roommate showed me this site about how the characters in fight club are really just the grown up versions of the characters from calvin and hobbes. it is hilarious, but also brought me close to tears because i had never thought about calvin growing up before.

anyway, here it is Fight Club vs. Calvin and Hobbes

the pictures on this site are kinda funny too.

The best comic strip, EVER..... It brings that part of our youth back home to us that is surely lacking in this troubled world. :yes: It reminds us that we're NOT alone. Every lock has a key and everyone of us has that kind of freindship with someone in this world. L/B

fightclub_photo9.jpg

I miss Calvin and Hobbes so much.

I also love that Bill Watterson never allowed licensing deals. So when I see some dumb-ass truck with a decal of Calvin peeing on something, I want to kick its tires. And maybe the driver's shins. It makes me both sad and angry.

I hear you.

I was cleaning my garage the other day and I found some of these books. My kiddies love them....eventhough they can't get the humor.

This is a pic from Bill (Circa 1986), Rare promotional photo released to the press in 1986, one year after "Calvin & Hobbes" began publication. In general, only early photos like this one were given to the press - Watterson refused photo ops soon after his comic strip became enormously popular.

He looks just like the cartoon!
:lol:

Billwatterson86.jpg

"Leave it to a girl to take the fun out of sex discrimination."

Bill Watterson, Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes"

So this is where all the Calvin & Hobbes avatars and sigs are coming from...:hmm:

I loved Calvin & Hobbes as a kid - my dad had a few books, and I got The Days Are Just Packed, Attack of the Deranged yada yada Snow Goons, and Revenge of the Baby-Sat over the years. I unfortunately haven't had much time to read them lately, maybe I'll go back and read them this summer :D

Stupendous Man :rockon:
stupendous.gif

corianderstem said:
I miss Calvin and Hobbes so much.

I also love that Bill Watterson never allowed licensing deals. So when I see some dumb-ass truck with a decal of Calvin peeing on something, I want to kick its tires. And maybe the driver's shins. It makes me both sad and angry.

Exactly! We used to see "bootleg" Calvin and Hobbes t-shirts at Grateful Dead shows, but they were cool--Calvin and Hobbes dancing to "head's all empty and I don't care." Ahhh . . . good times!

Dude, there needs to be some more Calvin & Hobbes discussion again. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom