Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam Summer, White, Oktoberfest
Bass
Guiness (only when it's colder weather, can't stand it when it's hot out)
Berkshire Extra Pale Steel Rail Ale
Molson Canadian
Long Trail Ale
Harpoon IPA

unico said:
I also love Yuengling. When I'm out and there's no Magic Hat, Yuengling is my next choice.

Yuengling is donkey piss. :yuck:

At least it is when it's the last 6-pack in the fridge of a liquor store in North Philly.

my mate and I decided a week or so ago when sitting on top of a mountain never to drink British beer again

or German

or American

because .... well, they're piss :D

I'm basically sticking to Belgian beers nowadays because they are the best: Leffe, Hoegaarden, Duvel, Grimbergen, Chameaux etc :drool:

Amstel and Heineken for a night of drinking

a Guinness now & again

and that's it :D

Spaten :love: :drool:
Blue Moon :drool:
Corona w/ lime + pinch of salt :combust:
Yeungling - old favorite :D

But sometimes I find myself totally not enjoying the taste of beer. Can't explain it.

MrBrau1 said:
I must give proper respect to all the fine New England beers:

Magic Hat
Alagash
Harpoon
Long Trail
Otter Creek

Good call, Mr. Brau. Though Samuel Adams should also be on that list, even if they've become huge. I know it used to be the rule in Boston that if you're a Harpoon fan you have to hate Sam, but I never subscribed to that while I was living there.

Guinness

I think it's only bottled that's made in Nigeria.

What is delivered to bars is from Ireland from what I've read and been told.

You can get a bad pint in Ireland as well as the US. The best I've had is in Ireland. They pour more, pour it properly and maintain the lines better. It typically is better,there than in the US.

creamier, smoother :drool:

The many incarnations of Shiner are tops for me, with the classic Bock being my favorite. Their hefeweizen is also pretty great, and they just had a limited time deal for a particularly delectable amber ale for their 90-somethingth anniversary.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of Tecate. That's definitely up there.

Recently, I've also been enjoying:

Stella Artois
Negra Modelo
Fat Tire

Being 20, I'm afforded a lot fewer opportunities to sample a diverse range of unique beers from unique lands, but I've tried to make due. In August, I'm sure I'll become more of a connoisseur. I'm not now and I don't pretend to be.

As far as cheap beer goes (being a college student, you see a lot of it), I can live with Lone Star. I've also drank so much Keystone Light that it's easy to stand now.

I absolutely can't stomach Natural Light or Bud Light. Completely revolting.

Where are people finding Belgian beers? My local wine/liquor store has a pretty good beer selection but only has Leffe Blonde and Grimbergen Dubbel (and Stella of course but that is not really a Belgian beer). I would love to try more. I am in St. Paul Minnesota if that means anything.

im definitely more of a liquor person

I don't drink much though, so I haven't had many different kinds of beer. Usually I hate it but I had one that was really good, it was surprisingly smooth...wonder what it was

Back
Top Bottom