Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Cascade was it. Don't know why I thought Carlton.
They told us the story how they remained the oldest brewery even through a bushfire that was about to destroy the factory, when the rival brewery Boag's in Launcestion offered they could use their facilities.
I want to go back to Tasmania. Paradise Island. :drool: Unfortunately we didn't spend enough time to find those microbreweries. Next time I will bring more time. :)

I never get the hype around Beck's. I drink it, but I'm far from liking it. I always try to get some alternative.

Had a few of these guys at the pub on Saturday night

6030.jpg

I love wheat beers and this one was quite good. Not too overpowering in the citrus department. Very nice. But the bartender girl was really cute, so I don't know if that swayed my opinion at all

You can get Duff beer here in Germany. I had it once. Was decent. Nothing special, just a marketing gag. Don't know which brewery was behind that, though.
I see. It's a small company in some town in Germany, and it's brewed by a monastery. http://www.duff-bier.de/cms/ Unfortunately no english site (or I'm blind).

There's actually a can of Duff sitting in my fridge right now that's been in there for years. :lol:
or wait, maybe it's a can of Slurm. :hmm:

^I don't think Stone can do any wrong, but I haven't had that one. I had Lukcy Basartd this past weekend, and it was typically good.

I had this stout tonight, and I was impressed.
Dragoons-Dry-Irish-Stout_beer_full.jpg

Do you (pl.) reckon Duff would be a good beer?

Do you recall Southwark releasing a lager called Duff when the Simpsons was in its first real world-dominating phase in the early 90s? They got in a fair bit of trouble (surprising that the German brewery's still going, monk power?). Considering it was Southwark, I can't imagine it would have been a particularly choice brew.

Do you recall Southwark releasing a lager called Duff when the Simpsons was in its first real world-dominating phase in the early 90s? They got in a fair bit of trouble (surprising that the German brewery's still going, monk power?). Considering it was Southwark, I can't imagine it would have been a particularly choice brew.

I had one of those last year in Barcelona. It was decent enough.

Sipped on a Surly Furious tallboy at a concert the other night. Very good, I think there is a little coriander in there.

surlyfurious1.jpg

Was that your first taste of a Furious? It's a favorite of my bf and his friends, who are all hops hounds. Unfortunately, it's not my thing though, probably because I tend to hate anything that's too hoppy.

I did have a Fulton Lonely Blonde last night, which I enjoyed thoroughly.

Where do you all stand on coronas? They're gold to a lot of people here, but I hear they're dirt in the homeland, much like Heinekens in Europe.

Was that your first taste of a Furious? It's a favorite of my bf and his friends, who are all hops hounds. Unfortunately, it's not my thing though, probably because I tend to hate anything that's too hoppy.

I did have a Fulton Lonely Blonde last night, which I enjoyed thoroughly.

I haven't jumped on the Surly bandwagon exactly because I don't like hoppy beers, but this was rather good. I think I've tried Bender and maybe one other. I really only have a beer or two per week, so I go for something rare and special, which Surly no longer is around here.

In beer news:

Senate OKs on-site sales for Surly Brewing Co. - TwinCities.com

I am all for more booze and places and times to drink it. :up::up::up:

Where do you all stand on coronas? They're gold to a lot of people here, but I hear they're dirt in the homeland, much like Heinekens in Europe.

The Twins' new Target Field just started selling 24 oz. cans of Corona, so I imagine if I'm at a hot and humid game this summer, I'll give it a try.
I've had Corona before, but I don't remember the taste, which is telling.
I give people in the U.S. credit for ordering a Corona over a Bud/Miller/Coors Lite, but does that mean anything at all?

I find that they're gold to people that don't usually drink beer.

Yeah, that's basically the case in the US. I thought that Corona was a classy beer before I actually knew something about the subject. I still think that it's decent - a hell of lot more palatable than a Coors Light, for example.

corona is pretty inoffensive, but fairly bland. Heineken is the most consistently skunky beer I've ever tasted. Yuck

Back
Top Bottom