Aust. Stimulus Package

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cin

Blue Crack Addict
in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smilin
So the good old Australian government has started handing out up to $950 to many Australians, no strings attached!! They want to stimulate the economy so tell me, how are you going to use your cash?

I still don't know. Maybe save it for the tour, buy a laptop, or a Dyson, maybe get a bitchin' tattoo, put it towards a holiday. . . . . pay some bills :lmao:

That's awesome. I heard we're supposed to be getting one too. :drool:

^ haha Een.. Fry would buy 950 cups of coffee

Lauren and I both get 900, so we are buying a bitchin stainless steel 2-door fridge with water and ice dispenser, and that kool click-down door for wine bottles.

LOL!

Anyway, the whole point of the money is to spend it. Saving it would be counterproductive to the purpose of the stimulus package.

Thanks to a screw-up by ol' Ruddy, I might be getting two sets. :D Something to do with being a part-time student.

I've already put away $500 to eventually get a trip overseas, I spend enough money in my pocket as it is.

It doesn't buy me a job, and other than inject cash into retail (perhaps via some freed up credit cards) I don't really see how it would work (from an economically illiterate point of view).

I'm spending mine on getting my car serviced, registration, and insurance; and a prostitute.

I got $1000 last November from the first package and $950 from this one. I'm going on a teaching practicuum (most likely to Tamworth) for uni later in the year, so that will cover the accommodation, transport etc. I also need to pay car registration and insurance. Hopefully, I'll have some left over for a possible U2 tour next year too. :D

I'm still dubious I'll even get the money, but admittedly it does seem like I fit in the box this time.

I'll be spending the money on deep-level research to allow me to post even more and sharper threads here at Lemonade stand.

Guys.

No, I'll save it, probably. In fact, definitely.

Probably fund some overseas trip, so tempted to just use it at Jb's or hit the city and waste it all on booze....

what do you recommend?

1. Drink carton of Heineken prior.
2. Chase blackjack dealer around the Crown because they don't know who Roxette are.

I know someone who did this, except it was at Sky City. If you do it, some kind of a wonderful circle will be complete.

Actually, I don't know what people do in Melbourne.

1. Drink carton of Heineken prior.
2. Chase blackjack dealer around the Crown because they don't know who Roxette are.

I know someone who did this, except it was at Sky City. If you do it, some kind of a wonderful circle will be complete.

Actually, I don't know what people do in Melbourne.

:lol: Sounds like a good time! Don't know how I'll go drinking a carton of Heineken though...

I've heard about Sky City, good place?

i don't know which bill to pay first. god, fuck you, telstra. i hate you.
:lol: No bills for me yet! I'm just annoying centrelink trying to figure out how many things I can apply for to boost my bank account.

Back
Top Bottom