Are you one of those crazy people that.... (Black Friday)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can keep your slippers on, and get a lot of the same deals online

:up:

Our equivalent shopping day in Canada is Boxing Day, the day after Christmas. Many of the same deals are available online. A few years ago, I got a deeply discounted new fridge by ordering online as soon as the retailer's website "opened" the sale pages. I love the internet. :drool:

My husband and I were on our way back home after gathering with his family today when we passed a Best Buy. There were already people lined up, tents and all, and this was about 4:30pm :coocoo:

I just drove by my Best Buy (its not even 7pm) and I saw the same thing. :crack:

It's 5:40am w00t. I'm going to Old Navy, mainly b/c I need me some clothes for myself and the things I want are on sale. In several hours I will wake up, again, have my new clothes and my Christmas shopping DONE.

:wave:

black friday deals on Amazon rock this year. DVD's for 3.99 AND I'm wearing sweats and drinking coffee...no lines, no waiting!

I work at Kohls. I started at 4am and worked til 12:30. It was insane all day, but our lines moved fast. We had a great system for moving people along. People are crazy, though. 2 of my friends were working today too, one at Office Depot and one at Wal-Mart, and they both said things were nuts at their stores too. There were fistfights at the Wal-Mart where my friend works, but, hey, nobody ever accused Wal-Mart or it's patrons of being particularly classy.

how did it go, Lies?

Awesome, actually. I got up at 5, was at the mall by 6. It didn't seem too busy, besides the fact it was 6am (it was about as busy as it is on a week night). I got everything I needed - some sweaters for myself, a fleece vest to wear under the jacket shell I just got, a few more pairs of socks since my puppy keeps running off with mine, a sweat shirt for my brother, a pair of pj pants and slippers for my sister and my brother's gf. The only thing I couldn't get was some pants (didn't have my size in the color I need) and a red scarf (didn't have any red!). When I got there the line was all the way to the back of the store, but I didn't have to wait to try stuff on and by the time I paid I only had to wait about 30 seconds. There was no one in line behind me.

I went back to bed at 7am and got up again at 10am. Took my puppy to the pet store at noon to get cat food b/c the cats raided the container two days ago and it was not busy at all, not even another dog in the store. I stopped at Panera to get lunch and a gift card for my parents and walked right up to the register.

So, by 1pm my Christmas shopping was done, I've got my winter clothes, the cats have food, the puppy got his socialization for the day, and I still got almost 8 hours of sleep. :shrug:

I do all my shopping at outlets. It is easier and stuff is usually cheap. I work my whole weekends, so I go during the middle of the work week and there is not a problem with crowds and parking.

very cool. glad you were successful :up: we drove by the mall this morning on some other errands, and there were a lot of parking spots, so maybe it wasn't as nuts this time around.

Yep I'm glad to have it done. However it's never too difficult for me. I only had 4 gifts to buy, and we don't ask each other what we want so it's not like I'm out looking for a specific item.

I went to the mall around 9am and the worst part of my trip was finding a parking spot. I needed some new pants for work, went in pick up a few pairs paid, and was done. No real lines.

I even stopped at Best Buy (b/c it's right next to the Linen-n-things where I got a duvet for $20!!!) and it wasn't all that busy around 11.

I didn't shop for anyone but myself today :D

woo, it was awesome. i went around four and stayed till ten :uhoh: i didn't buy a ton of stuff, but i bought some. one thing that was shocking though was the crowds. it was as busy when we got there as it'd be on a weekend night. then come eight, it was dead. when we walked out to the parking lot (the mall was still open) there were hardly any cars left. it didn't help that the sales were unspectacular. i got some good deals but there were things i passed up because frankly, the sales on some things were like what you'd expect on any other holiday or whatever.

but i had fun :)

This morning was an exercise in epic failure i'd rather not talk about. I had fun, but...disaster. My sister got slapped in the face by a mean fat woman though while she was trying to get a LeapFrog thing for our little brother.

This morning was an exercise in epic failure i'd rather not talk about. I had fun, but...disaster. My sister got slapped in the face by a mean fat woman though while she was trying to get a LeapFrog thing for our little brother.
holy shit. please give me the name and address of bitchy mcfatass so i can punch her in the...well, it'll be a surprise as to where.

holy shit. please give me the name and address of bitchy mcfatass so i can punch her in the...well, it'll be a surprise as to where.

It was our funniest story all day though. People liked the way I told it, so everyone kept asking me to tell people what happened :lol:, I must've told the story at least ten times.

bitchy mcfatass :lmao: Sorry your sis got slapped, b212 :hug:

Our mall stores closed at 9:00, so we didn't do any browsing/shopping, except for a few that were opened late. We did check out the new dollar store :happy:

And of course, when I see something to buy for Maddy (that she points out), I can't just buy it then & there. I have to make another trip back :angry: , and if I want to use the coupon I got, I have to go tomorrow. I don't think so! If they offered free shipping, I'd buy it online. Thing is, we were at certain stores last week, and the pricing/sales were the same today as then. I don't want to buy a sweater at full price & only pay 1/2 for the 2nd. I want to buy one & get one free. :madspit:

people are jackasses

I mean people as a group of persons... persons are smart, but gruop them and they become real idiots

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

this is the best part

“When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, ‘I’ve been on line since yesterday morning,’ ” Ms. Cribbs told The Associated Press. “They kept shopping.”

it makes me sick :angry:

PS: another jewel

About the time that Mr. Damour was killed, a shopper at a Wal-Mart in Farmingdale, 15 miles east of Valley Stream, said she was trampled by a crowd of overeager customers, the Suffolk County police reported. The woman sustained a cut on her leg, but finished her shopping before filing the police report, an officer said

Last edited:
The incident in Valley Stream is sickening...its only about 20 minutes from me.
The worst part is all the people on line just ran and trampled the poor mans body.
Disgusting....the police said they can't even charge anyone with anything because no one could be identified.

The only thing I can say is Karma....to whoever stepped on that poor man.

PS: another jewel

And here's yet another jewel:

Four other people, including a 28-year-old woman who was described as eight months pregnant, were treated at the hospital for minor injuries.

What's a fucking pregnant woman doing waiting in a mob of unruly savages??? :huh: (I refuse to call them shoppers)

Back
Top Bottom