Any good, FREE geneology/family history sites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
For the UK?

Everything wants my money. :| I thought Id have another go at looking up some of my family tree, but cant get anything after 1930 without it asking for money.

Does anyone know any free sites? It'd be a big help. :)

Can't help you here, sorry... Was looking for some good sites too, but it seems that, what you just said, they all want you to pay for their services... :hmm:

That does seem a good link, though it mostly leads you onto ancestry.co.uk, which, although it says some things are free, it still asks you to sign up. :grumpy:

www.freebmd.rootsweb.com lets you search for things, but they dont have any real information other than a rough time of the year when things happen. :/

Once I get my job I might try one of those sites. It just sucks that anything useful you have to pay for, even if its about yourself! >_>

I was up till about 4am last night looking stuff up. T__T

I did find something interesting though, my granddad might have had a sister who died shortly after she was born. :ohmy: Its not something Ive heard discussed in the family, so I dont know if its known or not.

even though I'm not in UK I've been looking for good genealogy site too, because I've got some ancestors who emigrated to UK and US but I haven't found any as well.
However the one you posted was quite useful to me. I've found adresses. Maybe I'll get contacted with them...

Back
Top Bottom