A Survival Guide For Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sea snakes, box jelly fish, the crocodiles, those stinging shells who's name escapes me, feral pigs, cane toads...

:cute:

Sea snakes, box jelly fish, the crocodiles, those stinging shells who's name escapes me, feral pigs, cane toads...

:cute:

i saw a baby (so... cute?) bird eating spider in the pet shop last week. i thought it was a hermit crab at first, but i stupidly counted legs. then mum went and asked the girl what kind of spider it was and she said a sweet little baby bird eating fucking arachnid. the fucking thing looked at me tania. goddamn. there is no fucking god, if THAT is what He goes and creates! no. this species was a product of satan himself. i almost hyperventilated.

:sad:

thank fuck australia is a big island.

spiders can't swim, can they?
thanks, THAT is an image i want in my head!
crying.gif

Welcome to Australia Khan!!

Douglas forgot to mention that other necessary survical tool: cope with the heat:

Today here it is 44 degrees, yep, fortyfuckindegrees.... CELCIUS. And it will remain in the high 30s/low 40s till about this time next week... :sad: :scream: :sad:

nothing will beat last summer when i was walking around in 50 degree weather, during the hottest part of the day. if i could handle that wifout passing out, i can handle some measly 44 degrees.

I :love: this thread. Six stars.

Ian and Khan sittin'...

I have NEVER said G'Day in my life. NEVER.

:tsk:

she'll be right
Oh and kangaroo is delicious. Try it when you're here!

She'll be right is probably my favourite. Amy's example is easily the best. Famous Australian last words, she'll be right.

Oh and if you go to the pub for dinner and they are serving crocodile, you have to try some it is delicious, it tastes a bit like chicken.

The land where a lot of food tastes like chicken :love:

When I was camping up on the Murray last, we found a tiger snake. We cut its head off, and kept the head on the end of the shovel and tied the rest of the body to a tree. The head kept hissing for half an hour whilst in the same time the body was curling itself up into an S shape. :crack:

Our proudest national record? Boonie's 52 tinnies from England to Australia. Just wanted to add this video. It's by a bunch of Brits, but it's pretty goddam funny, featuring possibly the most Aussie name ever.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

"That's gonna cause a little confusion..."

I've only ever heard farmers and people who associate with farmers say "cobber". For me, it takes a slightly different term than mate, like you can say mate to just about anyone, but with cobber, you really mean it. You call someone your cobber, and you're tight with that person.

Back
Top Bottom