Woman MoveOn(org) Protester Assaulted at a Rand Paul Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
.....at a Rand Paul RALLY
(how i did delete the rest of that title :der:)

:|:|

I don't know how to (and not premium so I don't know if I can) embed vids >that were part of this report<

AP – In this Monday, Oct. 25, 2010
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.
The incident happened Monday night in Lexington right before a debate between Paul and Democratic opponent Jack Conway.
Lauren Valle of liberal group MoveOn.org, told Louisville station WDRB she was trying to give Paul a fake award when his supporters took her to the ground.
Television footage shows Valle's blonde wig being pulled off before she's pinned to the ground. A man then puts his foot down on her head. Valle said the incident left her with "a bit of a headache."
A police watch commander said early Tuesday that she didn't know if any arrests were made.
Paul's campaign released a statement calling the altercation "incredibly unfortunate" and expressed relief that the woman was not injured.
"Violence of any kind has no place in our civil discourse and we urge supporters on all sides to be civil to one another as tensions rise heading toward this very important election," the statement said.
___
Information from: WDRB-TV, http://www.fox41.com

She was diagnosed at the hospital with strained shoulder and neck and a concussion.

While we are not there yet ... a progressive radio talker, pointed out that erroneously a lot of people believe that The Brown Shirts in Hilter's regime were part of the his Army.
They were not. They were volunteers.

Looks like the cops are investigating and the asshat who assaulted Lauren Valle is blaming the police. :doh:

From MSNBC (Bolding is mine)

LEXINGTON, Ky. — The volunteer with Rand Paul's Republican U.S. Senate campaign who stepped on the head of a liberal activist and pinned her face to the concrete said Tuesday the scuffle was not as bad as it looked on video and blamed police for not intervening.

"I'm sorry that it came to that, and I apologize if it appeared overly forceful, but I was concerned about Rand's safety," Tim Profitt told The Associated Press.

A judge will decide whether Profitt should face criminal charges.

Lauren Valle, the 23-year-old activist with the group MoveOn.org, said her face was swollen and her neck and shoulder were sore after she was wrestled to the ground by Paul supporters Monday night before a debate between the tea party favorite and Democrat Jack Conway.

Valle was roughed up as she tried to give Paul a fake "employee of the month" award. She told police she was assaulted while trying to take a picture with Paul.

The race is one of the most closely watched and hotly contested in the midterm elections.

"I think that this is an extreme example of the kinds of sentiments that people are feeling in many races across the country," Valle said. "I think that tension is incredibly high."

Paul's campaign dropped Profitt as campaign coordinator in Bourbon County in central Kentucky and banned him from future events.

Lexington Division of Police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said Tuesday that officers will deliver a summons to Profitt to appear in court. A judge will determine whether to proceed with an assault case.

Profitt said the fight never would have occurred if police officers had intervened earlier.

"A friend of mine went up to three policeman before Rand got there, and told them about the girl who was standing there with that wig on and that she was getting ready to do something," Profitt said. "The policemen looked at him and said that's not our job."

Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton said Profitt's actions were unacceptable and would not be tolerated.

"The Paul campaign has disassociated itself with the individual who took part in this incident, and once again urges all activists — on both sides — to remember that their political passions should never manifest themselves in physical altercations of any kind."

Paul's campaign called the altercation "incredibly unfortunate" and expressed relief that the woman was not injured.

Conway said he was shocked to see the video footage.

"We can disagree on issues, and I don't know what preceded the incident, but physical violence by a man against a woman must never be tolerated," Conway said in a statement. "It is my hope that steps have been taken to ensure this kind of thuggish behavior never happens again in this campaign."

Tensions flare offstage in Senate debate

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Tensions flared at the senatorial candidates' debate here Monday night in two confrontations between Conway and Paul supporters, Lexington police reported.

The first involved a woman who is a member of www.moveon.org and who was determined to pose in front of Rand Paul holding a sign that read "Rand Paul Republicore: Employee of the Month." According to police, the woman, identified by The Associated Press as Lauren Valle, said she tripped and fell on the ground after someone grabbed her blonde wig off her head.

She was then stepped on by a man wearing a Rand Paul t-shirt. Police say she refused treatment and later filed an assault report. Her identity has not yet been released.

The second occurred after a Conway supporter stepped on the foot of a female Rand supporter, who recently had foot surgery, according to police.

The woman was wearing a surgical boot, but after the injury, her incision was cut open. Police say she refused medical treatment and also filed an assault report.

There are two sides to this foot story!

Trying to keep the thread fair and balanced :)

Did you watch the video?

That looks like a trip and accident to you?

Shitty shitty reporting, why do you fall for these sources?

Even the video in that link shows he repeated the stepping action and then pointed to her as he walked away.

why do you fall for these sources?

because pretending that there are other, equally valid explanations for things help us to feel better when evidence and reality makes us feel badly for being wrong about everything.

Tensions flare offstage in Senate debate

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Tensions flared at the senatorial candidates' debate here Monday night in two confrontations between Conway and Paul supporters, Lexington police reported.

The first involved a woman who is a member of MoveOn.org: Democracy in Action and who was determined to pose in front of Rand Paul holding a sign that read "Rand Paul Republicore: Employee of the Month." According to police, the woman, identified by The Associated Press as Lauren Valle, said she tripped and fell on the ground after someone grabbed her blonde wig off her head.

She was then stepped on by a man wearing a Rand Paul t-shirt. Police say she refused treatment and later filed an assault report. Her identity has not yet been released.

The second occurred after a Conway supporter stepped on the foot of a female Rand supporter, who recently had foot surgery, according to police.

The woman was wearing a surgical boot, but after the injury, her incision was cut open. Police say she refused medical treatment and also filed an assault report.

I'm not exactly seeing where the "other side" is there, but...okay, whatever.

Ditto everyone else here. Total asshole, give 'em the punishment they so desperately deserve :down:. Such a wonderful society we're living in, really. Way to go, people.

Angela

Well, someone on the other side stepped on someone's foot! (Was it on purpose? That's not clear.) Clearly it is equal payback to knock someone down and step on their head.

That's not "two sides" to the story, that just shows there are idiots on both sides. It doesn't make what happened to this woman any less appalling.

In an interview with a Kentucky television station, Profitt admitted to stepping on Valle but said he was attempting to protect Paul and demanded the woman apologize to him.

"She's a professional at what she does," Profitt told WKYT. "When all the facts come out, people will see that she's the one who initiated the whole thing."

"I put my foot on her and I did push her down," he said. "I would like for her to apologize to me, to be honest with you."

Regardless of if she's paid or not, who attacked who?

You would like her to apologize to you?

Mr Profitt, you're a fucking ignorant asshole!

Like I said in the other thread where this was posted, Is this the kind of followers you get when you want to get rid of the department of education and think civil rights legislation should have never happened?

I hit my brother once when I was 10 because he was annoying me. I still think he owes me an apology.

Well, he was annoying, and he got paid an allowance from my parents. I can only assume that meant he was being paid for being annoying. Hence, a pro. :wink:

When I was about 8, my sister threw a Tonka (red) firetruck at me.
Hit me in the face, and broke my (adult) front tooth.

I had called her a 'bitch'.
She lost her mind, kind of like the mother on "A Chistmas Story' when the other mom tells her that her son said 'fuck'.

Well, he was annoying, and he got paid an allowance from my parents. I can only assume that meant he was being paid for being annoying. Hence, a pro. :wink:

Then he deserved it.

When the rednecks take back America this is what they meant. You annoy me a step on your face, no more of this ninny state.

When I was about 8, my sister threw a Tonka (red) firetruck at me.
Hit me in the face, and broke my (adult) front tooth.

I had called her a 'bitch'.
She lost her mind, kind of like the mother on "A Chistmas Story' when the other mom tells her that her son said 'fuck'.
Actually, I can kind of understand that. :reject:

One of my brothers once broke my thumb (we were fighting, though of course he hadn't intended breaking bones). I lied to my parents about how it got broken. I was over it after about a week. If he'd called me a "bitch" instead, I think I would actually have found that more chilling, strange though it may sound.

Not that this has anything to do with Rand Paul's self appointed bouncer-thugs...

yeah, it's kind of a funny story, time were different - then

It was the 60s,
and we had absolutely no swearing in our house
(a bit like ' The Christmas Story' every now and then my dad would let one slip, and we all ignored it, and felt kind of responsible for it)

I ran to my dad and kept screaming I said witch, I said witch, I said witch

he looked at my blood covered shirt and then saw the bottom 2/3s of my tooth missing, he was not happy. I have had that crown replaced about 5 times now.

You would like her to apologize to you?

Mr Profitt, you're a fucking ignorant asshole!

I'm amazed he had the gall to ask that publicly. STFU, you prick.

Like I said in the other thread where this was posted, Is this the kind of followers you get when you want to get rid of the department of education and think civil rights legislation should have never happened?

Sorta looking that way. I'm happy to hear he was dropped from his job for the campaign, though, and banned from future events-I'd be deeply embarrassed to have idiots like this as part of my campaign, and would be publicly chewing them out every which way I turned. I hope the police manage to put these guys and anyone else who was involved in jail.

Well, someone on the other side stepped on someone's foot! (Was it on purpose? That's not clear.) Clearly it is equal payback to knock someone down and step on their head.

My sister had a good question tonight upon hearing the story-so, if these guys go to an event for a Democratic candidate and protest, and someone does the same thing to them, I'm assuming they'll shrug that off just as much as they do this incident, right? Won't hear a single complaint from them at all?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom