WikiLeaks largest classified military leak - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #521
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:24 PM
There has yet to be an email that she has authored that raises concerns. I see the inner workings of a political machine, and the conversations, planning, strategy sessions are like crack to my inner historian. The only concerning things that have come out are about foundation donations. Again, she is not involved in those emails. If we had republican emails, we would be seeing the same behaviors.

Dreadsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #522
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
The only concerning things that have come out are about foundation donations.
This we agree on, and if she had any opponent other than the guy whose foundation is a slush fund it would be a much bigger deal.

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #523
45:33

Local Time: 01:24 PM
Does anyone else see the incredible irony in the right coming to love Assange? Three years ago they all wanted him tried for treason. Now, he's single-handedly saving America?!
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #524
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:24 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and all that.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:51 AM   #525
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Does anyone else see the incredible irony in the left coming to hate Assange? Three years ago they all wanted to give him sainthood. Now, he's single-handedly ruining America?!
fixed
Old 10-26-2016, 03:45 AM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:54 PM
I've never liked Assange personally but I've always been appreciative of what Wikileaks brings in general. My views haven't really changed.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:55 AM   #527

hahahahaha. well-played, Khan, very well-played. I concede defeat
Old 10-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #528
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah, my take on Assange hasn't changed. I didn't care for either extreme; hero or hang him. But I did just glance back through this thread, very entertaining read.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #529
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Does anyone see the incredible irony in Assange still portraying himself as a defender of freedom? 6 years ago he was uncovering government corruption, now he's uncovering mundane office politics.

Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

When he's not releasing information that's trying to give gay Middle Eastern people the death penalty, of course.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #531
Blue Crack Addict

julian assange is a traitor and a glorified high-tech hood snitch who has put a great many of my personal friends in very real danger. he should rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life right next to snowden and chelsea manning. fuck em all for very nearly getting a lot of good people killed and celebrating it like they're heroes for disclosing usable secrets to an enemy.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #532
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Snowden at least seemed to have his conscience in the right place. All I get from Assange is "look at me, look at me!"
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I've never liked Assange personally but I've always been appreciative of what Wikileaks brings in general. My views haven't really changed.
Props to you
You are consistant and more objective than many that post in here.
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:49 PM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
julian assange is a traitor and a glorified high-tech hood snitch who has put a great many of my personal friends in very real danger. he should rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life right next to snowden and chelsea manning. fuck em all for very nearly getting a lot of good people killed and celebrating it like they're heroes for disclosing usable secrets to an enemy.
Can you elaborate on this? Because I'm baffled to hear this from you, unless I had misrepresented your political positions in the past.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 PM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Because I'm baffled to hear this from you, unless I had misrepresented your political positions in the past.

That's probably a hint that he or his friends/colleagues have been the inadvertent victim of a massive and irresponsible leak.

I'm not sure Snowden falls under that same category. Wikileaks legitimately just publishes everything. That's like dumb chelsea manning shit. Don't think just act. Snowden on the other hand... I feel like there was some calculated restraint with him.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

i was in the military when the afghanistan leaks happened and had a lot of buddies who had their security directly compromised by it. our unit couldn't do anything for weeks because jackass gave up all our crypto codes to the enemy during an active war which opened up all of our operational and logistics details.

for example the information included the highly-secret flight paths over the mountain ranges used in and out of kandahar airport, and the taliban certainly owned a lot of stinger missiles that could have very easily downed a hercules with 200 or so of my friends on it. some things are classified for a damn good reason.

so yea, fuck julian assange and the horse he rode in on. i hope karma bites his ass real hard some day.

snowden...yea it's less directly affecting to me and maybe i shouldn't have included him in that list but i categorically reject the notion that the public "deserves" to know any and all classified info. some things need to be kept secret for the sake of good peoples' lives.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #537

edit
Old 10-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #538
Blue Crack Supplier

WikiLeaks largest classified military leak

Quote:
i was in the military when the afghanistan leaks happened and had a lot of buddies who had their security directly compromised by it. our unit couldn't do anything for weeks because jackass gave up all our crypto codes to the enemy during an active war which opened up all of our operational and logistics details.

for example the information included the highly-secret flight paths over the mountain ranges used in and out of kandahar airport, and the taliban certainly owned a lot of stinger missiles that could have very easily downed a hercules with 200 or so of my friends on it. some things are classified for a damn good reason.

so yea, fuck julian assange and the horse he rode in on. i hope karma bites his ass real hard some day.

snowden...yea it's less directly affecting to me and maybe i shouldn't have included him in that list but i categorically reject the notion that the public "deserves" to know any and all classified info. some things need to be kept secret for the sake of good peoples' lives.

This is all quite true. A very good friend of mine has done what I infer is reasonably high-level intelligence gathering in Iraq and Afghanistan and she had to inform certain contacts to tell them that their name is out there and they were likely going to be murdered.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #539
ONE
love, blood, life

Reminds me of Gary Powers, and his accusations that Oswald had given up his U2 Flight Path when he defected. Oswald did not, but another American had given the intel that resulted in the shoot down. Powers, to my knowledge, was not ever informed that Oswald did not do it.
Dreadsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Nice to meet you, Madam President.

BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote