Who should I vote for in today's European Elections? (It's up to you)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree - extremes can be bad. But the Torys initially agreed with the ID card scheme in a way of curbing excessive immigration - they only changed their take on the policy when it became glaringly obvious the public was in great disagreement. Same can be said for their take on the terror holding periods, they were in agreement until the public expressed extreme opposition. Which proves, much like the Labour party, the Conservatives are not doing what they believe - but pandering to the public.
I don't think the wasted vote argument will apply soon, if they really are working on electoral reform as they say they are. And even if it is a wasted vote, you can't base your vote on 'well, I'd prefer a Tory government' when a Tory government will be twice as bad. They aren't change.

About public funding. The Labour party are responsible for wasting billions on bailing out the banks. Where did this unimaginable sum come from? I bet public services will be cut. Of course Brown is the best guy to take us out of recession, he was one responsible for putting us in this shit. Plus all those people who say who say, least he's not Blair, he wasn't responsible for Iraq, :doh:. Not only was he pretty high up in government and one of the most powerful people in the country, but as the chancellor he funded it. He approved of it twice. If he never agreed to it, and he was a man of principle and he had balls (which clearly he has neither), he would of done what the late Robin Cook done and leave he's position of Foriegn Secretary. I respected Robin for that.

Back
Top Bottom