What on earth are police doing with Tasers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tasering was decidely excessive (and kinda lazy), but I don't exactly feel bad for the guy. He did something stupid and something stupid happened to him.

sporting event tickets are expensive

why can't the kid create a fantastic youtube moment that will dominate on his facebook page and amp up his friend count by a few thousand :up:

its in the constitution,
pursuit of happiness thingy

sporting event tickets are expensive

Exactly, which is why I don't want to see this doofy-ass running across the field while I eat my $11 brat!

Now . . . excuse me . . . while I watch a bunch of morons dressed up as Italian Sausages run across Miller Park :doh: Hell, I should just skip buying the tickets and make the check straight out to Joe Mauer.

I guess the whole tasing thing did more for his popularity than just running onto the field!

Great, now everyone and their mother is going to try to get the cops to pull the taser while they streak across Wrigley.

Why, if they hadn't tasered him, he might still be running around the outfield tonight!

Looking at the start of MrsSpringsteen's video, what really struck me was how fat and slow the security folk are. That guy in the white shirt looks like he was trying to play freeze tag then smelled a fart and pulled up.

I'm opposed to the more frequent use of tasers when they're the easy way out- a common refrain from news reports is where the cops just go "meh he wasn't obeying me". Yeah, so? I would hope that officers have been trained to handle stressful conditions, so seeing them give in when someone's being a combative nuisance doesn't inspire much. Tasers should be a useful option for disabling someone when bullets aren't quite acceptable, but man, a baseball game? Do your fucking job guys and try being in a little better shape.

Aren't we glad the cop is black and the roles aren't reversed so the country doesn't have to endure the Rev Sharpton protests, Phillies boycotts, Olbermann Special Comments, Bruce Springsteen protest songs and a Presidential teachable moment.

Aren't we glad the cop is black and the roles aren't reversed so the country doesn't have to endure the Rev Sharpton protests, Phillies boycotts, Olbermann Special Comments, Bruce Springsteen protest songs and a Presidential teachable moment.

Amen.

Actually . . . I'd like to hear the Spingsteen song :hmm:

Plenty of police officers who do private duty in stadiums and parks are overweight-too many free hot dogs?:wink: I agree though, if you can't catch someone out on the field then maybe you shouldn't be out there to do that job. I know, it's a 17 year old but you still have to be able to stop him. How many other guys were chasing him? He'd be a good base stealer.

I heard on the news that someone ran on the field in Philly again last night. So the tasering and making this guy a celebrity is only hurting their cause.

Some more that I stole

apchz9.jpg

2dqiz9w.jpg

3327520582_8f049df352_o.jpg

forgotthetoppings.jpg

yes the whole race thing has fucked up our great national past time

I saw this whole thing comming (black on white violence) when Branch Rickey signed Jackie Robinson.

Plenty of police officers who do private duty in stadiums and parks are overweight-too many free hot dogs?:wink: I agree though, if you can't catch someone out on the field then maybe you shouldn't be out there to do that job. I know, it's a 17 year old but you still have to be able to stop him. How many other guys were chasing him? He'd be a good base stealer.

I heard on the news that someone ran on the field in Philly again last night. So the tasering and making this guy a celebrity is only hurting their cause.

Some more that I stole

apchz9.jpg

2dqiz9w.jpg

3327520582_8f049df352_o.jpg

forgotthetoppings.jpg

I'd love to say something intelligent, but these are too F-n funny for me to think.

OMG! ^I missed the peppermill before. :lol::lol::lol:

No taser but another funny picture. Everyone's doing it..I just want shirtless players, that would be nice.

The Tampa Bay Rays have baseball's best record. Now, manager Joe Maddon is offering another barometer of the team's success.

Saturday's game against the Seattle Mariners was interrupted briefly during the ninth inning by a shirtless fan who climbed out of the stands and ran into center field with stadium security personnel in pursuit.

Play was held up for about 3 minutes, then resumed after the man was tackled and removed from the field.

"It's always a sign of having made it, in a sense, when you start getting streakers or semi-streakers during a game," Maddon said. "I don't think they streak at last-place teams' games."

SHIRTLESS-FAN-RAYS-MARINERS.jpg

On Saturday she was videotaping other customers in the store, she believed they were buying more than two phones. Sixteen grand in cash on her :ohmy: Just the fact that she would go to any mall with that kind of cash on her makes me wonder what was going on with her, let alone where she got it.

boston.com

By Evan Allen, Town Correspondent
Nashua police tasered a Newton, Mass., woman outside of an Apple store in Pheasant Lane Mall in New Hampshire on Tuesday after she refused to leave the store and resisted arrest, the police department said.

Xiaojie Li, 44, was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest, according to Nashua police Captain Bruce Hansen. She was released a few hours later after making the $300 cash bail, and is due back in court on Jan. 15, he said.

Li could not immediately be reached for comment. In an interview with New Hampshire's WMUR channel 9, she said through an interpreter that she did not speak English and did not understand what was happening when she was arrested.

Li had been asked to leave the store on Saturday, according to police, but came back on Tuesday. Hansen said he believed she was asked to leave because of concerns over her videotaping in the store, but said that police were not in the store at the time.

An employee at the Apple Store declined to comment, and a spokeswoman for Apple declined to comment.

Li told WMUR she was at the store to buy iPhones for her family, and began filming other customers purchasing multiple iPhones when she was not allowed to buy more than two at a time.

When Li returned on Tuesday, according to Hansen, she was asked to leave by management and refused, repeatedly asking “why.” A Nashua police officer who was working a paid detail in the store told her that she had to leave or she would face charges for criminal trespassing, and she asked “why” again.

When Li again refused to leave, the officer told her she was under arrest. She continued asking “why,” and resisted when the officer tried to handcuff her, police said.

“One handcuff was on her and she wouldn’t move her other arm to be handcuffed,” said Hansen. “The officer took her to the ground and called for assistance.”

Li lay on the ground for about 10 to 15 minutes, said Hansen, before a second police officer arrived.

“They told her to put her hand behind her back, she refused to do so,” he said. “She was tased. After that, she put her hand behind her back.”

Hansen said that when Li was booked, she had $16,000 in cash with her.

Video of the incident obtained by New Hampshire's WMUR channel 9 shows the woman screaming on the ground with two officers on top of her. The taser can be heard crackling.

Officers used a “dry force” taser, said Hansen, which is less painful than the type of taser that shoots electrodes at the target to deliver the shock. A dry force taser has no probes, and is instead pressed directly to the skin. It delivers 50,000 volts, he said, but has no lasting effects.

Hansen said that the officers’ use of the taser was in compliance with the department’s use of force policy.

“It’s a force continuum,” he said. “As things escalate, you use more force or more devices to use force. In this case, she resisted arrest, and we didn’t use compliance blows on her. We couldn’t really use pepper spray. We were in a closed area where there were other people and children. A dry stun taser and pepper spray are on the same level. It was decided to use a dry force taser.”

Forcing someone’s arms behind their back to handcuff them, he said, is surprisingly difficult if they are resisting, and twisting their arms can hurt them.

“Bottom line, we don’t want to hurt anybody,” said Hansen. “Could they have got [her arm] behind her back using a lot of physical strength? Maybe. But she would have got hurt along the way.”

The officers involved have filled out department paperwork on their use of force, but Hansen said there are no issues with it.

“This video that’s floating around shows our guys and her screaming – well yeah, it hurts,” he said. “That’s what it’s designed to do. It’s a temporary thing.”

Asked whether Li spoke English and understood exactly what was happening, Hansen said that while it was not clear how much English she spoke, police were confident that she understood what was going on.

“I would look at it this way,” he said. “She was asked to leave the store before and she left. She was asked to leave Tuesday and she was asking why. We think she knew what was going on.”

Women Tased By Police For Trying To Buy Too Many iPhones - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom