Walmart Employee Trampled to Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've gone out ON Black Friday, I usually go even if I don't buy anything (and I've never gone to Walmart, ever really) but camping out for a week is IMO not the same.

I need to get a new laptop but I doubt anything resembling what I've "built" online will be available for Black Friday deals.

The Best Buy campers have nothing on these people. I can't even watch those Oprah shows, it just bothers me on a level that I can't even come up with words to describe . Would I like some of that stuff? Yes. Would I act like that? No. Well maybe if Jesus showed up, or Jon Hamm. Apparently today on part 2 they all got VW Bugs that won't even be out until next year. Is Oprah picking up the taxes on all of that?

Today Oprah surprised an audience of "givers" with her last-ever Favorite Things show. Watch grown men cried over cashmere blankets, women screaming in ecstasy, and one person mouth, "I'm gonna drop dead." Oprah literally had medics in the aisles ( OMG :lol: :yikes: )

Read more: Everyone Loses Their Shit Over Oprah's Final Favorite Things

At least this year she gave the stuff to people who give to their communities and do good works, etc. I remember a few years back when she didn't do it because of the economy and some of the audience reactions..well they weren't losing their shit. When you watch Ellen.. every day it's another person whose life is going to be magically made better by Ellen. At this point it's so overdone that it actually gives me the creeps in a certain way. If you go on Ellen's web site it's bombarded with people asking her for money and stuff.

5191292742_f146446f14_o.gif

5190646957_4cc39f60fb_o.gif

5191284244_9b4bb75ffa_o.gif

Would not be caught dead in a store on black friday:down:

I'm with you. I can't imagine going to a place like Target, Best Buy or the local mall on Black Friday. I used to work in retail, and I'd probably have a nervous breakdown from the PTSD. However, I will do my grocery shopping that day. The grocery stores are usually pretty quiet the day after Thanksgiving.

And thank goodness I make a lot of my gifts. Other than going to the craft stores to pick up supplies, I can usually avoid the Xmas rush.

The last few times I went out shopping on Black Friday (at a reasonable hour, thankyouverymuch), it was surprisingly quiet. :shrug:

I went two years ago, got the deals I wanted, and walked right up to a cashier. It was not busy at all, less busy than a normal weekend at the mall. Then I went last year and the line snaked throughout the store so I went home. :shrug:

I can't imagine a more depressing holiday excursion than Walmart on Black Friday. I can't stand Walmart on normal shopping days.

I worked on Black Friday and rarely shop at Walmart. There is a K-Mart within walking distance of my home and they spread their sales out over three days. I have never heard of anyone being hurt or trampled at this K-Mart. Sure, their prices may be a few cents more than Walmarts, but they care much more about their employees and customers in my opinion. They don't offer three plasma TVs at ridiculous prices, but you can get an HD TV for a good sale price. Same with cameras, toys and etc.

I don't like W-Mart's ethics when it comes to Black Friday. Fights break out, people get crazy and now someone has lost their life. Shame on Walmart. I will never shop there again for anything. I rather pay a little more for that camera and not see anyone get hurt.

I was going to shop Sat or Sunday but I was sick all weekend so that gave me an excuse

A man got trampled at a Buffalo Target. Love how people just kept going and it doesn't look like it was well handled by the store.

YouTube - North Buffalo Target Black Friday

OMG! That is absolutely horrible. What in the world would be so important to purchase that would risk someone's life?

Again, I would rather pay more for an item then to see someone get hurt. I finished up my holiday shopping on Saturday. Just a few household gifts to buy at K-Mart. The store was crowded, everyone was polite and no one was injured.

^it's all part of the "dumbing down of america". care less about fellow man and more about the shiny things you can buy and all the wonderful shows on TV you can watch and all the cool things you can do with your cell phone :rant:

I agree. These sales are insane and dangerous. This young man lost his life and over what? A stupid TV or cell phone. Nothing can bring him back or comfort his family over the holidays.

When I was in my teens and twenties, I remember sales after Thanksgiving, but it was usually on christmas items, decorations and such. No one got killed from shopping and the stores didn't open at five am. Regular shopping hours only. It makes me sick as to what we are being reduced to as human beings. No product is ever worth this.

My prayers for this young man's family and friends.

I don't like W-Mart's ethics when it comes to Black Friday. Fights break out, people get crazy and now someone has lost their life. Shame on Walmart. I will never shop there again for anything. I rather pay a little more for that camera and not see anyone get hurt.

Wal-mart is often a cesspool and haven for lowlifes. But, hey, they had crockpots for $2.95 and you can't beat that!

Same with the Walmart in my area. Some of the shoppers are the most rude and miserable people you would ever encounter. K-Mart is within a few blocks of where I live. So, it is neighbors who shop there. We may be struggling working/middle class, but at least we are polite.

We got new Target and Walmart superstores within a few months of each other within the past couple years. Both are out in the county (i.e. not within a certain type of neighborhood, demographic, etc). Yet it's just more of the same. Target attracts a more humane, pleasant crowd. I don't hesitate to say that Wal-mart shopping is an inevitably uncomfortable experience. The employees range from clueless to rude. The shoppers are a whole other breed. You have groups of mid-teens to early twenties who seem to have nothing better to do than hang out a Wal-mart, making asses of themselves. And I swear, every time I do venture to Wal-Mart, I'm destined to see at least one criminally insane person.

My mom works at Target. Overall, the crowd there does tend to seem less obnoxious, I agree. But she still has some stories of some idiots that come into the store. Most of them involve parents whose kids run all over and nearly get plowed into or nearly run into other people with all their rambunctiousness, or kids that scream bloody murder and throw temper tantrums and such and their parents seem completely clueless as to how to stop them :crack:.

My mom and I went to Wal-Mart at midnight on Black Friday because our relatives wanted to go (we had nothing there of importance we needed to buy but we did want to maybe stop into Best Buy when it opened up and go to breakfast with our relatives. Never wound up doing that, though, 'cause our relatives didn't want to go to Best Buy and we got tired, so they just dropped us off at home in the end). It was a zoo. Lines for the checkouts as far as the eye could see, people milling all over, areas a total mess, clothes on the floor, people's coffee cups from gas stations or wherever sitting on top of the jewelry area (which wasn't open yet at the time)... Didn't see any shoving or trampling, nor did I see people beating each other up, thankfully, but still, what a mess. I felt so bad for the employees that were there, and I really never want to do that midnight excursion again.

I usually try and avoid shopping on Black Friday in general because I don't want to be in the insanity and add to retail workers' hectic activity. My mom's worked in retail for years, and I have a huge amount of sympathy for retail workers in general after hearing all the horror stories she's shared that she and other employees have dealt with. It never ceases to amaze me how obnoxious and rude and, quite frankly, downright stupid some customers tend to be. If only they could work in retail, even if just for a day, or a week.

Sounds like it was pretty busy at where I work last Friday, too, but I haven't heard any stories of nasty experiences, thankfully.

Angela

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom