Wake Up Dead Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bit early, but yeah, Happy Easter.

Also, Happy Passover to our Jewish posters

I'm assuming iron horse is going away for the weekend and sending an early one. no harm in that

Gotta love that Rebel from Nazareth :heart:

Happy Easter Sunday to all :wave:

Take care

I guess I would interpret Wake Up Dead Man in a different way.

To quote a lyric from the album previous:

"But I left by the back door
And I threw away the key"

Gotta love that Rebel from Nazareth :heart:

Happy Easter Sunday to all :wave:

Take care

The "Rebel from Nazareth." Ha ha.

When I think of the way most American Christians I know (or come in contact with or read about in the daily news) live and vote (and, for that matter, when I think of the words some of these people post on discussion boards), the idea that they are trying to emulate the "Rebel from Nazareth" is laughable. After all, these people claim to be disciples/followers of "Him." If they are in fact living lives like the "Rebel" lived, then he wasn't any rebel.

Happy Easter. But let's be realistic.

Great line from Hannah and her sisters : "If Jesus came back, and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."

^ Agreed...lighten up, peeps!

:wave:

Here in Hong Kong, Easter overlapped this year with both Passover and Qing Ming, a spring festival where families visit their ancestors' graves, fly kites, set off fireworks, etc. For me, this meant a rare day off, so our kids invited over a bunch of their friends from our apartment building and we celebrated the holiday(s) together by making halvah from scratch, a holiday tradition in our family. The process of forming the halvah is much like an old-fashioned taffy pull, plus there's lots of neato-keano 'Mr. Science' cooking-chemistry stuff along the way--watching the halvah-root erupt in billows of foam as you whip the sugar syrup in, seeing the hot tahini swell and aerate as you pull and fold the foam through it--so kids have tons of fun doing it, then of course there's getting to eat the results, which have an out-of-this-world texture somewhere between mousse-cake and fudge, way better than most storebought halvahs. Every kid got to take home a box of all four flavors we made. It was a blast, and the most fun I've had in a few months, frankly--if you enjoy sharing traditions with kids, and enjoy making your own holiday treats or crafts, I really can't recommend enough making an afternoon of doing something like this with them, whether it's your own or friends' or relatives' kids. Yeah, it sounds schlocky, but it's such a great feeling to see that pleasure of accomplishing something unique and special in their faces and know that this is something they'll remember fondly for years to come...it's why we still remember how to dye an Easter egg, decorate a fancy cookie, or twist a rope of taffy in the first place.

I heard a homily about how SI had a greatest comeback list in Nov of 2001 and they named Jesus as having one of the greatest comebacks of all time (as he said that was before the 04 Red Sox, which I want to say was as big as Jesus but I guess Jesus still wins). I thought that was pretty cool.

The weather was absolutely beautiful

Back
Top Bottom