Voice From The Past

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi,
Was thinking about ya'll so I thought I'd drop in to say Hello and Happy Early Thanksgiving!
I've changed over the years since we last talked. I don't argue politics anymore. I've got my political beliefs, others have theirs, and it just doesn't do any good to argue. In fact, I recently left an organization because I was getting sick of the political talk.
Anyways, just wanted to say Hi and God Bless You All!
Mike

Hi 80s! Very good to hear from you.

I'm afraid we're still mostly arguing politics around here...though the fact that this still exists as a subforum probably already told you that much. :D The cast of characters around here has fluctuated a good deal (as always), however those still around from your day remain essentially unchanged (as always).

Hope all is well with you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you also! :wave:

Sup 80s :up:

I didn't give a F back in the day when you were around here. Were you one of the more right-leaning posters who was chased away by our liberal wankfest?

Thanks for saying whassup regardless :wave:

Sup 80s :up:

I didn't give a F back in the day when you were around here. Were you one of the more right-leaning posters who was chased away by our liberal wankfest?

Thanks for saying whassup regardless :wave:

Hi,
I don't think right-leaning is the proper phrase. It's actually more "right-entrenched".

I was outnumbered here, that's for sure, but it was actually my own inability to argue without getting upset that chased me away. And I wasn't the type who could throw out a zinger and be done with it. I threw tantrums. I was very ashamed of myself by the time I left. And that's why I don't argue anymore.

This forum serves a good purpose for those of you who can argue the points without getting emotionally involved. And most of the people i argued with were good at that. But I wasn't.

Anyways, nice to meet ya, thanks for the greeting. Godspeed to you!

Did ya'll know that Michael Been of The Call died in August? He was a good man.

Hi 80s! Very good to hear from you.

I'm afraid we're still mostly arguing politics around here...though the fact that this still exists as a subforum probably already told you that much. :D The cast of characters around here has fluctuated a good deal (as always), however those still around from your day remain essentially unchanged (as always).

Hope all is well with you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you also! :wave:

Hi Yolland, thanks for the shout-out. You were always one of my favorites. Do you still serve as ref? You were always good at being able to soothe us savage beats.

Hi, 80's. It's nice to see you back. We tangled some but I think it ended up goodnatured. I still visit to read because some of the discussions are interesting, but I don't participate very much. I've lost my taste for politics. I'm losing my taste for people in general. But my computer desk looks out over my backyard and I can watch my crows and squirrels and since I don't speak crow or squirrel, I don't know whether they have their own version of political rants so I can remain blissfully enchanted.

Hi 80s, I also remember your posts. I lost interest in politics for a while but somehow couldn't drag myself away from FYM. My political views have shifted somewhat rightwards since 2005.

If people have the time you can learn a lot but it does require swallowing ego to get anywhere and as Yolland points out most people are where they are politically as they were in the past.

Anyways there are other subforums and U2 news areas that are much more fun which is the entire point of this site. FUN. :D

Hi 80s! :wave:

I hope that you have been well and that life has been kind to you. Take care, pop by sometime. :)

Hi, 80's. It's nice to see you back. We tangled some but I think it ended up goodnatured. I still visit to read because some of the discussions are interesting, but I don't participate very much. I've lost my taste for politics. I'm losing my taste for people in general. But my computer desk looks out over my backyard and I can watch my crows and squirrels and since I don't speak crow or squirrel, I don't know whether they have their own version of political rants so I can remain blissfully enchanted.

HI, you and I never got into any fights; we were always able to agree to disagree.

I really enjoy being around animals. My sister lives in an area with zebras and elks, so it's real nice to go see her. Sometimes they even come up to her yard.

I'm a real softy when it's comes to animals. I cry over the smallest animal's death. If I had to hunt for my food, I would definitely be a vegetarian.

Hi 80s, I also remember your posts. I lost interest in politics for a while but somehow couldn't drag myself away from FYM. My political views have shifted somewhat rightwards since 2005.

Good to see ya! Are you the only righty left? Wait, that's confusing. Should I say "Are you the only remaining righty?"

Anyways there are other subforums and U2 news areas that are much more fun which is the entire point of this site. FUN. :D

Hi! I do love me some U2. I didn't much care for the newest album at first, but it really grew on me. I don't like Fez being Born or Cedars of Lebanon, but that's about it. Unknown Caller is awesome, and Magnificent is vintage U2.

Hi 80s! :wave:

I hope that you have been well and that life has been kind to you. Take care, pop by sometime. :)

Hi, Life has been very kind, thanks very much. Very peaceful for me. I'm getting too old, but I'm getting there gracefully!

Take care and God Bless You!

Well everyone, thanks for the greetings. Now I'll be riding off into the sunset again. I'll pop in in another 4 years! :wave: God bless all of you!

I know that I'm a relative newcomer compared to you, but in my time here, I don't ever recall you as being combative. Hope you're well. And I agree, live and let live is a lot less stressful, sometimes. :)

HI, you and I never got into any fights; we were always able to agree to disagree.

I really enjoy being around animals. My sister lives in an area with zebras and elks, so it's real nice to go see her. Sometimes they even come up to her yard.

I'm a real softy when it's comes to animals. I cry over the smallest animal's death. If I had to hunt for my food, I would definitely be a vegetarian.

I did miss you. Zebras and elks, how cool. Where is your sister?

Hey, '80s, how's it going :wave:?

I still like getting involved in debates myself, but I can see where it's not for everyone, or where people get exhausted by it (the latter can certainly happen to me sometimes, especially if you're just reiterating the same stuff over and over again). And the "to each their own" philosophy is indeed one to follow, it's generally how I tend to feel, too. I did enjoy talking to you when you were here, though, and hope you do stop back in again from time to time, be it to discuss politics or music or whatever else fits your fancy (somehow doubt I'll see you in the PLEBA forum, though :p).

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! Good to see you again!

Angela

I know that I'm a relative newcomer compared to you, but in my time here, I don't ever recall you as being combative. Hope you're well. And I agree, live and let live is a lot less stressful, sometimes. :)
Thanks. With most of the people, I could handle myself. I just really clashed with a couple. And with one of those, I was ashamed at how I acted - I did the whole "everyone's against the conservative American" tantrum. Self-victimization is a good way to elevate tension, but not pretty. But oh well, none of us are perfect. I'm more peaceful from having faced my shame and learned my lesson.

I did miss you. Zebras and elks, how cool. Where is your sister?

She lives in a gated community that had Zebras, elks, deers, etc. brought in. It's pretty cool to see all those animals running around. The first time I visited, a huge elk crossed the road in front of me, stopped right in front of my car, stared at me and took one of the longest pees I have ever seen. I think he was letting me know he was marking his territory.

HI did enjoy talking to you when you were here, though, and hope you do stop back in again from time to time, be it to discuss politics or music or whatever else fits your fancy (somehow doubt I'll see you in the PLEBA forum, though :p).

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! Good to see you again!

Angela

Thanks very much for the kind words. I liked chatting with you, as well.

Yeah, I might pop back in the proper forums when new U2 albums hit. But you're right, not PLEBA.:sexywink:

Hey 80s

A lot of people mix it up in here a bit. It is no big deal.

I hope I am one that has changed a bit, I hope living a few more years I have learned a little more.

Anyways, I have thought about you a couple of times, I am glad to hear you are doing well. All the best to you.

I hope I am one that has changed a bit, I hope living a few more years I have learned a little more.

Hi Deep, good to talk to you again.

Though I sometimes joke that I know all the important stuff, I think that once we stop learning, we might as well stop existing.

Anyways, I have thought about you a couple of times, I am glad to hear you are doing well. All the best to you.
Thanks for the kind words. I wish you the best as well. God bless you!

80s 80s 80s-

Nothing has changed here, it appears that ppl have only become more entrenched.
I try and stay out.

See John 1:5.

Keep your sanity and stay out.
:)

<>

Hi 80's I hope life has been good to you. I am too busy in the real world to spend much time researching and debating. Life is good, and I am glad to see you poke your head in.

Peace

Hello, hello. I remember you, most certainly. I'd say that not too much has changed here, although I think it's a lot more civil now than it was then.

As for me, though, I'm now a disillusioned centrist who seems to vacillate between centre-left (in idealism) and centre-right (in philosophy), so I find I don't have much to talk about anymore. Oh and I'm also Canadian now, so I tend to spell things funny too.

Take care, and all the best.

80s 80s 80s-

Nothing has changed here, it appears that ppl have only become more entrenched.
I try and stay out.

See John 1:5.

Keep your sanity and stay out.
:)

<>
Hi Diamond, good to see ya again, old Bud.

I have been much more sane since I stopped arguing politics. Believe me, I'm gonna keep it that way!

Hi 80's I hope life has been good to you. I am too busy in the real world to spend much time researching and debating. Life is good, and I am glad to see you poke your head in.

Peace
Thanks very much. It's good to see your head pop in on my head-popping thread.

I'm glad things are going well for you. You and I got along fine, and I'm sure we still would.

Back
Top Bottom