Vax reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magnus Maximus

The Fly
So I just got my second shot (Pfizer)

The first one kicked my @$$, I was completely fatigued for 2 weeks.

The second so far no reaction.

Knowing what I know now would I get them again. Absolutely I travel a lot, domesticity as well as upcoming international travel (I was supposed to go to south east Asia next week, but it was cxed at the last minute, hopefully going next month)

That being said I don’t want to expose my family plus I want to help get our country back to normal.

Anybody else gave a take on it after getting your shots?

Similar to you, I had a pretty intense reaction to Pfizer dose #1 and almost no side-effects with dose #2. I almost wonder if I was concurrently sick with something else when I got the first dose, because I was the only one among my co-workers who had that kind of reaction.

I’m in between my Moderna shots. First one was pretty brutal to my arm but only *maybe* a mildly sore throat or a headache, but that could’ve been wine for all I know. Probably not wine though.

So far with the first Pfizer shot i had a sore arm the next morning and I’d say at the 24 hour mark i was kinda tired. More so then usual but it went away later in the evening after dinner

I’m curious what the second dose will bring

Completely content with side effects vs actual covid illness

Arm pain for 24 hours from both doses of Pfizer and not much else. I suppose there was more overall muscle pain with the second dose.

Pretty much the same here. The worst part for me was the arm pain and then random tiredness for about a week. I noticed o got more tired when my girlfriend connected her phone to my 5G network.

I’ve had the first Pfizer shot, and there was really nothing. The only time I felt it was getting up the next morning, I must have laid on it a bit, but that was only for a couple of minutes.

You all are so lucky! Here in BC Canada for my age group (41 years old) I’m still a long ways away from getting my shot. Which sucks because I work in a waste water treatment plant and it’s not like I can work from home. I hope soon we can get our vaccine! But with that said, in Ontario Canada my parents who are in their late 70’s both got the first Pfizer shot and no problems at all. My mom said she thought she might have had a mild fever the night after but that’s about it. Not even any arm soreness.

Had J&J three weeks ago. Fairly significant muscle pain in my back, arms, shoulders a neck for about 48 hours, as well as general malaise. Injection site tenderness for almost 2 weeks.

Perfectly fine now.

Other than a sore arm, no reaction from my first first Pfizer shot. Same for my wife. Hoping the second shot is as smooth as this.

Second Moderna shot knocked me on my ass from about 15 hours after the shot until about 36 hours after.

Still have some on and off lingering symptoms but nothing like the first day.

I've been hearing that about the second shot for Moderna, yeah. Something for me to keep in mind and prepare for, then, as Moderna's the one I got the first shot for today. Nearly twelve hours later and all I've felt thus far is a mild soreness in the area where I got the shot. It feels a bit like the soreness you get in your neck when you sleep on it wrong and have to work out the kinks.

But yeah. Guess we'll see how the second go-round fares for me in a month, then.

I am so glad this thread exists.

Imagine if we were looking at another year of lockdown.

A potential collapse of society ? You’d have the variants surging for a 4th or 5th time

Hospitals overrun again and again.

Americans especially wouldn’t have done another lockdown no matter how many were dying or Biden saying please stay home.

A potential collapse of society ? You’d have the variants surging for a 4th or 5th time

Americans especially wouldn’t have done another lockdown no matter how many were dying or Biden saying please stay home.

Or, in other words, Brazil.

For sure it would have been a calamity. We might have eventually reached herd immunity (herd mentality per DJT), but the loss of life and toll on society/healthcare system/economy to get there would have been unimaginable.

My fear with the herd immunity by natural infection would have been a crap shoot since some of these mutations seem to cause reinfection. Not sure how high that % is but what a mess. Brazil seems to be going through that now since their response was shit from the beginning and a year into it how they’re reaching higher cases and deaths than ever.

Just tho thankful for the scientists and doctors during all of this (and nurses etc )

Australia and NZ aside, the west hasn’t done a good job staying home no matter how many people are dying.

Or, in other words, Brazil.

Yeah I was going to say, many places in the world ARE looking at another year of this. In fact, probably more than half the world's population is. Sad.

So we are pausing the J&J vaccinations because 6 people out of 6.8 million have had a very rare reaction.

I think there’s more of a chance to have a reaction from ibprofen

I’m not sure this is the best policy or choice right now and will give more boost to the anti vax movement.

Got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday. Holy cow that was much more Internet that the first. Woke up at 2am shaking uncontrollably and completely drenched. Feeling very loopy. I guess it means it’s working!

Got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday. Holy cow that was much more Internet that the first. Woke up at 2am shaking uncontrollably and completely drenched. Feeling very loopy. I guess it means it’s working!

Damn, I felt nothing after my second Pfizer shot. I feel like I missed out :(

Oh man, that may have been the best unintended autocorrect ever, considering I've been making 5G jokes. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom