Vax reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Dazzle! How are you doing? Are you fully vaxed? Still waiting for the second dose here but finaly we were recognized as frontline workers so this hopefully pushed up my date for the second shot by a couple weeks! I hope you are doing great! :)
Hi, dab. :wave:
Glad you are in the mid process of being vaxxed up! ?

Yes, I'm fully vaxxed (Pfizer), and maxxed (that was by mid-May). :up:

So this past Mon I went to a big shopping area below Mid Manhattan for a bit better eat buds, art supplies (one store) jewelry suppiles (another store :lol:), and pakaged, and preppared goods from Trader Joe's.
First time in fifteen months! Very :happy:

had my 2nd pfizer shot about 12 hours ago. around this time after my first dose i was feeling really groggy and strange (and it got a lot worse the next day). today i feel completely normal other than my arm is sore much earlier this time. day 2 was really rough last time around so the fact that i feel okay now is hopefully a good sign.

Hi, dab. :wave:
Glad you are in the mid process of being vaxxed up! ?

Yes, I'm fully vaxxed (Pfizer), and maxxed (that was by mid-May). :up:

So this past Mon I went to a big shopping area below Mid Manhattan for a bit better eat buds, art supplies (one store) jewelry suppiles (another store :lol:), and pakaged, and preppared goods from Trader Joe's.
First time in fifteen months! Very :happy:

That’s wonderful dazzle!! I’m so happy to hear you are able to out and about again after so long! What a dreary year it has been, so happy the worst is behind us! Yes I got my second Pfizer dose a few days too and super excited to go on with my life and party like it’s 2019 hahaha. Well I don’t party these days but certainly looking forward to being out and about like we used to! Congrats on your second dose!

had my 2nd pfizer shot about 12 hours ago. around this time after my first dose i was feeling really groggy and strange (and it got a lot worse the next day). today i feel completely normal other than my arm is sore much earlier this time. day 2 was really rough last time around so the fact that i feel okay now is hopefully a good sign.

Congrats on your second dose Dave! I also had mine (Pfizer) the day before you I guess and apart from an extremely sore arm (much more sore than the first one), I only got a mild headaches which went away quickly with Advil and that’s it. It sure feels nice to be fully vaccinated!!

Maybe this is too personal to share but

I had to end a relationship because my partner believed that me being vaccinated has royally screwed up her menstrual cycle. She isn’t 100% blaming it on sex but is blaming it on sex.

The spike protein latches on to the ovaries and causes mass disruption. She was having her cycle one week earlier than usual, more bleeding, extreme cramps….you get the picture.

According to her (and FB) thousands and thousands of women are having this exact same issue when they are exposed to a vaccinated person.

I said this seems like something that could be proven or disproven easily. Of course with conspiracy people, it’s always a cover up. Every single doctor minus the two or three sharing this bullshit are in on the game. It’s all about control. And we are now sheep

It’s really a shame cause i did fancy this person a lot. By month three though these views started to show and it became a real challenge to be open and understanding. Especially when you’re being blamed for someone’s pain.

Anyway, watch out for your ovaries single ladies….I’m back on the market

So this might be an obvious follow-up but...has she been vaccinated? There have been reports of short-term side effects like this. If so, not sure why she would think it's because of you.

If not, and she wasn't planning on being vaccinated, seems like that would have been another issue altogether.

Congrats on your second dose Dave! I also had mine (Pfizer) the day before you I guess and apart from an extremely sore arm (much more sore than the first one), I only got a mild headaches which went away quickly with Advil and that’s it. It sure feels nice to be fully vaccinated!!

thanks, and congrats to you too. i feel pretty okay today, my arm is really sore as well but that's about it. my fiancee and i got our shots at the same time yesterday, and today she's absolutely wiped out - she's been dozing on the couch off and on pretty much all day. she also is extra-sensitive to light and has a headache today. we both booked the day off work just in case we felt crappy, definitely glad we planned ahead.

BEAL, that sucks. what a crappy reason to lose a relationship. breakups always suck even if in the long run it's for the best. you deserve someone better (and smarter) than her.

She was not vaccinated. She had no plans to vaccinate as it’s all part of the Plandemic.

But being accused of sickening her due to my choice was probably the final straw (as the conspiracy stuff kept coming out…)

The vaccine sheds!?!??? So then the spike protein latches on to a non vaccinated persons uterus.

It’s madness. And what’s scary is these are smart people who get sucked into this.

BEAL, that's a crazy story. I do feel badly for you, because it's hard even when you know that going your separate ways is the right thing to do. But in a way it might be that the pandemic spared you...otherwise who knows how invested you'd be in her before finding out that she might be ultimately incompatible.

We talk a lot about what this pandemic has taught us, but for me, maybe the clearest and most important lesson we have to take is just how poorly the average person has been taught about statistics, data analysis and science more generally. I don't want to sound like the old woman yelling at the cloud "what are they teaching our children in schools??" but it's worth assessing.

You can be convinced of all manner of crazy things if you are not capable of critical thinking and unfortunately for that you do need a solid basis of scientific understanding and how to interpret data and what data ultimately means.

being in Japan, vaccination rollout is so slow, we can barely reserve for spots, etc.....but my school is offering it so im going to get it as soon as my near-graduation insane schedule allow me

BEAL, that's a crazy story. I do feel badly for you, because it's hard even when you know that going your separate ways is the right thing to do. But in a way it might be that the pandemic spared you...otherwise who knows how invested you'd be in her before finding out that she might be ultimately incompatible.

We talk a lot about what this pandemic has taught us, but for me, maybe the clearest and most important lesson we have to take is just how poorly the average person has been taught about statistics, data analysis and science more generally. I don't want to sound like the old woman yelling at the cloud "what are they teaching our children in schools??" but it's worth assessing.

You can be convinced of all manner of crazy things if you are not capable of critical thinking and unfortunately for that you do need a solid basis of scientific understanding and how to interpret data and what data ultimately means.

I think she may be clinically crazy. Or at least driven crazy by a lot of bad past experiences (which is true for a lot of us). She worked in media in DC and said she saw all sorts of fucked up shit. She could have a drink with Karl Rove before he goes on air and the guy doesn’t believe a single word he says to the public, but he gets paid really well to lie. There was other stuff too

But i agree. Imagine 10-15 years ago thinking 30% of the public wouldn’t take a life saving medication/vaccine during a global pandemic because pure ignorance and “freedom”.

I blame social media and the internet. For all the great things it’s provided, the opposite is true too. Ultimately it comes down to society being stupid and our natural tendency to want to believe myths and lies rather than face the truth

Back
Top Bottom