Vax reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda tired all the time in general so didn't notice too much difference after Pfirst shot but fully prepared to spend a day or two in bed watching tv after the second.

I’m still getting used to the microchips, so I twitch every once in a while when typing.

Disappointed to hear that one still needs to type after the second shot. I was hoping I would have a neural connection to my phone.

Disappointed to hear that one still needs to type after the second shot. I was hoping I would have a neural connection to my phone.

There must be something in the unborn fetuses he's eating because I heard Tom Hanks can do this.

Moderna #1 - sore arm started yesterday evening, woke up a bit weak this morning. Was slightly cold and thought I was on the verge of getting chills, but was able to go back to sleep.

Haven’t felt any worse yet, which I guess is good.

Last edited:
I’m less than a week away from shot two. Most people i know who got Pfizer didn’t have any reactions to either. Prefer to not get the chills and aches but better than a tube down my throat

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1383108337496170497?s=21

This should be criminal. What a horrible, horrible decision to word your news like this. It’s like the right wing wants covid to keep going in order to fuck over recovery and Biden

i’m less than a week away from shot two. Most people i know who got pfizer didn’t have any reactions to either. Prefer to not get the chills and aches but better than a tube down my throat

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1383108337496170497?s=21

this should be criminal. What a horrible, horrible decision to word your news like this. It’s like the right wing wants covid to keep going in order to fuck over recovery and biden

Yeah, fuck their editor

[tweet]1383123430795481088[/tweet]

And fuck the NY Post in general

Team Moderna as of this morning.

Now I live in fear of re-living the covid symptoms. It’s like PTSD, hard to explain.

But super grateful to be done.

I will agree with the first couple of posters on this thread about my experience with Pfizer. The first shot was much worse than the second. Sore arms for both, but I was fatigued with chills and aches for about 36 hours after the first one. Second one was simply the arm with no other issues.

Much to my relief, I had almost no side effects. Sore arm, but no more than with any vaccine and a persistent COVID headache - like somebody is sitting on my brain, but with Advil that is also manageable. I also felt crazy dehydrated which is interesting since when I had COVID I was also chugging water like there was no tomorrow.

Team Moderna as of this morning.

Now I live in fear of re-living the covid symptoms. It’s like PTSD, hard to explain.

But super grateful to be done.
I'm anxious as I've been told the first one is worse if you've already had covid, but I'm happy to see you didn't have too bad a reaction.

I'm anxious as I've been told the first one is worse if you've already had covid, but I'm happy to see you didn't have too bad a reaction.

Fingers crossed!

My Mom got Pfizer and she was feeling terrible for 36 hrs after the first shot. She also had COVID...so I guess it's kind of a gamble as to how your body responds. Interestingly my COVID illness was much more severe than hers even though she is almost 70.

Thanks. My arm is only slightly sore, so far that's it.

Good to hear. That's what happened with me, was only sore if I lifted it, and nothing I couldn't handle.
The woman who gave us the injections was very good, and that I think makes a difference in how sore your arm will be. Hope she is there again next week.

First Pfizer shot Fri 4/9, Second on 4/30

Scale of 1 - 10 (worse) for arm
a 1 late that night.
Sat: 2-3 but only when I moved my arm near to
or above shoulder height (no continuous ache)
Sun: 2 -1, 1/2 later in night
Mon: gone
-no extra tiredness, or anything else

Already had themometer, Tylenol, bottled water, PB granola bars to put in night stand draw in case too miserable to go into my kitchen at other end of apt w along hallway.

See I've been very lucky that I haven't had the flu in ?50 years.
So I'm nervous to possibly feel those kind of yucky feelings that have been blessedly absent in my life. Of course it's "minor" in the scale of covid effects!

But I got all the prep ready.

Sorry some of you had nasty effects. Glad most of you haven't. Good luck to you waiting on your 2nd shot.

Last edited:
Got my second dose about four hours ago. So far so good. Expect sore arm tomorrow and maybe some fatigue.

Tempted to call in sick to work and say President Biden said i could !!

Definitely feeling something now. Probably around 2-3am had slight chills, headache, sweats....

Still feeling off. Kinda like a full body buzz due to the slight chill effects. No fever. Want to sleep. Mild hangover feeling

Better than covid!

Definitely feeling something now. Probably around 2-3am had slight chills, headache, sweats....

Still feeling off. Kinda like a full body buzz due to the slight chill effects. No fever. Want to sleep. Mild hangover feeling

Better than covid!

Yep! That was the weirdest thing. I felt like I was a little drunk for 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom