US rapper and dancer suspects in Tokyo hotel death of female Irish student

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make it Rain, Fat Joe --

I make it rain on them hoes, I make it rain, I make it rain

You Mean I'm Not?, Black Sheep --

Went to the bathroom and beat the rush
Yo who the fuck used my toothbrush?
Went to my sister's room, "Yo, bitch wake up"
"You stupid ass, dirty ass, nasty ass slut"
Shot her in the leg, shot her in the thigh
Kicked her in the pussy, and punched her in the eye

From Necro:

Off the track, "Whore":

I'm a sex legend
Fuckin you like I injected ephedrine
Pump your ass like a jackhammer connected to your rectum
Nothing's affecting my erection
Unless you're in need of dexatrim and your complexion is infected skin
I wanna hear confessions, bitch, obsessions
Lessons, questions, sexual suggestions
Would you like some refreshments? Some breath mints?
'Cause I plan on tonguing you while molesting your intestines
You contain the essence of the profession
Known as prostitution my first impression is you'd be excellent
Your estrogen is like mescaline
If you're not douching your twat, smells like pollution a pestilent specimen
Necro is smooth especially when making the move
On you removing your clothes whether or not you approve
Don't feel aggression after the molesting
I'd have Gwyneth Paltrow eating Alpo
My deception is for fucking

Off the track, "Vaginal Secretions":

Enter my sex club, I got a slut bent on the floor
100 percent hardcore, a carnivore to whores
I got the pussy meat in my jaw, eating it raw
the period bleeding is pure
pulling at the beads covered in gore
I'll kiss your ass, piss in a glass
make you drink it, you'll suck numerous cocks that are stinkin
your purpose in life is to grab a dick and jerk it
you go girl, work it
you piece of shit bitch, you're worthless
You're a hot cunt, a piece of ass worth a lot of cash
A teenage fuck who's a girl ___ slash
I'm dead ass, she had a wet gash
but the cunt stuck like skunk
I almost puked up a lung
your bent over with cocks in your shlot
in your shit box, a walking hoe
sucking 4 P.O.'s, you dirty lip rot
you dumb and full of cum
You fuckin hoes, can suck on hose
both the nut on your nose, dog

The Geto Boys "Gangster of Love":

Bitches look at me like Im a faker
Knowing goddamn well
Im a mutherfuckin heartbreaker!
Ill have them crying for months
Cause I done fucked their best friends
And put a whipping on their cunt
They have their mothers to call
But if fucked one mom

Dr. Dre, Bitches Ain't Shit

Bitches ain’t shit but hoes and tricks / Lick on these nuts and suck the dick / Get’s the fuck out after you’re done / And I hops in my ride to make a quick run.

Eminem, Kill You-

Slut, you think I won’t choke no whore / 'Til the vocal cords don’t work in her throat no more?! / Shut up slut, you’re causin’ too much chaos.

Jasper Dolphin, Bitch Suck Dick by Tyler, The Creator-

Punch your bitch in her mouth just for talkin' shit / You lurkin' bitch? Well, I see that shit / Once again I gotta punch a bitch in her shit / I'm icy bitch, don't look at my wrist / Because if you do, I might blind you bitch.

Tupac Shakur (Hell 4 A Hustler)

Why plant seeds in a dirty bitch, waitin’ to trick me? Not the life for me".

Sorry, guys, but the Rolling Stones and Van Halen are mere amateurs (or "pussy butt boy faggots", as they say in the hood) in the misogynistic lyrics stakes.

Read this article, people, you might actually learn something from it, if you're not completely determined to deny reality that is:

Prevalence

Misogyny is prevalent in hip hop culture.[34] A survey of adolescents showed that 66% of black girls and 57% of black boys agree that rap music videos portray black women in "bad and offensive ways".[35] A 2001 content analysis of gangsta rap found that approximately 22% of the examined rap lyrics featured violence against women, including depictions of assault, murder and rape. By comparison, Eminem scored 78% for violent misogyny. Of the 14 songs on the The Marshall Mathers LP eleven contain violent and misogynistic lyrics and nine songs depict killing women.[36]

In 2003, McFarland conducted an analysis of Chicano rap and found that Chicano rappers depict women most frequently as sex objects, morally and intellectually inferior, and objects of violence. 37% of Chicano rap songs depicted women as sex objects and 4% mentioned violence against women. Except for the "good mother" figure, all other women that were mentioned in the sample were portrayed negatively. Moreover, Chicano rappers who discussed sex and sexuality almost always depicted women as objects of domination for men.[37] According to a 2009 content analysis by Weitzer and Kubrin, 22% of rap songs surveyed contained misogynistic lyrics. The researchers pointed out that misogyny seems to be less common in rap music than expected and that other music genres, such as rock music, contain more negative images of women according to some studies.[38]

Conrad, Dixon and Zhang (2009) investigated rap music videos and noted that there has been a shift from violent portrayals to more misogynistic ones. Women in rap videos are placed in positions of objectification and sexual submission to their male counterparts. The researchers argue that their research "suggests that there are important gender differences occurring that prefer men over women".[39]

Misogyny in hip hop culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And stop assuming, incidentally, that black music = rap music, and therefore if anyone critiques rap music they are also criticising black people generally - its childish and simplistic and makes you come off like self-hating knee jerk touch button liberals.

:corn:

I should get Axver in here. He knows some metal bands that burn churches for fun.

Black metal is a minority subset of metal which is in turn a minority subset of hard rock. I've never so much as met anyone who owns a black metal album. By contrast, millions of kids buy Eminem and Dr Dre albums every year.

So finance guy, are you trying to tell us that the media closes it's eyes to any misogyny in rap music? Really? That's what you believe?

makes you come off like self-hating knee jerk touch button liberals.

This is hilarious. You're so obsessed with seeing the world with your conservatives vs liberals glasses. I'm not a liberal. Anyone, such as yourself, who is willing to declare himself on the side of any argument before even hearing the argument is a fucking simpleton. But if simplifying the world like that helps you get yourself through the day, then by all means

Read this article, people, you might actually learn something from it, if you're not completely determined to deny reality that is:
This is ironic coming from someone who over the last couple of days has displayed a big disconnect from reality.

First of all this is not an article, this is wikipedia. Secondly, read carefully:
A 2001 content analysis of gangsta rap found that approximately 22% of the examined rap lyrics featured violence against women, including depictions of assault, murder and rape.

The devil's in the details.

For every rap lyric you posted above, anyone in here could post a country, rock, metal song, or movie with just as bad of content.

And stop assuming, incidentally, that black music = rap music, and therefore if anyone critiques rap music they are also criticising black people generally - its childish and simplistic and makes you come off like self-hating knee jerk touch button liberals.
Childish and simplistic?

Are you so detached that you've forgotten already that YOU are the one that described it as "black culture"?

Give us a break and return when you're ready to debate like an adult.

I also like that you've run away from your original point of this thread after you realized how shit your argument was

So finance guy, are you trying to tell us that the media closes it's eyes to any misogyny in rap music? Really? That's what you believe?

Not necessarily.

I'm trying to say that there seems to me to be a double standard as regards the attention by powerful mainstream liberals in the US, including Obama, Jesse Jackson, Rev Al Sharpton, and the people who support them, place on the issues raised in the articles posted OP, as compared to the huge fuss and national attention place on the alleged killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman - the story behind which turned out, as everyone is now aware, to be not quite how those who were seeking to make political capital out of the incident (the true "race-baiters", if you ask me) tried to portray and would have wished.

Just stumbling back into this thread - I admit I don't listen to rap (or hip hop) so I don't have much to comment on there, but

WHAT does that have to do with:

White victims, black perps - Obamanation's mainstream media seem to be quiet enough on reporting this! How remarkably odd.

For every rap lyric you posted above, anyone in here could post a country, rock, metal song, or movie with just as bad of content.

If you honestly, truly and sincerely believe, in your heart and soul, that any of those art forms are as frequently and aggressively misogynistic as hip-hop, then you have been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long and have imbibed it in such industrial quantities that the unfortunate victims of the Reverend Jim Jones look like models of rationality and clear-mindedness compared to your brain.

Just stumbling back into this thread - I admit I don't listen to rap (or hip hop) so I don't have much to comment on there, but

WHAT does that have to do with:

Nothing. He tried to made a point which was shown to be complete garbage, then has been grasping since. The financeguy meltdown continues

The commercial success of mafioso rap of the mid to late '90s, together with rappers like Eminem who thrived commercially and artistically on shock created an unfortunate expectation in the minds of record label executives for years to come. This is only accounting for the violent content of commercially successful rap music, however; commenting on the sexual content of rap music and music videos would take several dissertations to unpack, and it would extend far beyond hip hop. Sex sells, and it always will, irrespective of the genre or race. Black, white, rock, pop, R&B, hip-hop...none is exempt.

You're biting off a bit too much here and making too many generalizations, Financeguy. What's being discussed here is an extremely small subset of rap that receives regular radio play and, from that, an "institutional misogyny" is being assumed. I have already conceded that the template for a hip hop hit has spit out some unfortunate examples of what hip hop has to offer, but that's just the first layer. There is an entire subgenre dedicated to discussing pertinent social issues in African American culture (bitches not included), and others (abstract hip hop, experimental hip hop, cloud rap) that work beyond lyrical conventions.

So, no, not almost all rap music is misogynistic. And if you're going to blame anyone for the unfortunate exceptions, blame the record companies for propagating this, not "black culture."

I'm trying to say that there seems to me to be a double standard as regards the attention by powerful mainstream liberals in the US, including Obama, Jesse Jackson, Rev Al Sharpton, and the people who support them, place on the issues raised in the articles posted OP, as compared to the huge fuss and national attention place on the alleged killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman - the story behind which turned out, as everyone is now aware, to be not quite how those who were seeking to make political capital out of the incident (the true "race-baiters", if you ask me) tried to portray and would have wished.

I think you are really missing the plot here.

One is a fairly routine (though vile) crime that is probably committed on American soil many times every year. The other is a potential crime committed under appalling legislation which is most certainly not the norm anywhere else in the common law world, which went uninvestigated, plagued by questionable policing, questionable evidence, a suggestive 911 call and which has a potentially significant impact on race relations in the US. It may not have been racially motivated at all in the end, who knows - but that is part of an investigation that should have, and did not take place.

You then take a crime, committed abroad, and somehow equate the importance of the two and draw ridiculous conclusions from the difference in media attention. Interestingly, you did not bring up how the Obamanation lamestream media also covers, in excruciating 24/7 cable news detail, the disappearance of every cute white woman, when minorities who are missing or murdered don't typically get that type of coverage. But I guess that doesn't fit with your narrative of Obama-salivating liberals.

Nothing. He tried to made a point which was shown to be complete garbage, then has been grasping since. The financeguy meltdown continues

I love how he's completely dodging the question made by many, though. And he keeps on changing the topic and dig an even bigger hole for himself. Then passes the ball that we are all a bunch of racists.

That is at least a civil response.

So, if it is the case that there is indeed a brand of hip hop that is extremely misynogistic - and I myself was the first to note in the thread that this type of music has been criticised by other black musicians themselves, e.g. Smokey, why is it so far to travel that the characters referred to in the articles linked to in the OP might in some way have been influenced by this brand of hip-hop in carrying out the heinous acts that the Japanese police believe they committed?

So, if it is the case that there is indeed a brand of hip hop that is extremely misynogistic - and I myself was the first to note in the thread that this type of music has been criticised by other black musicians themselves, e.g. Smokey, why is it so far to travel that the characters referred to in the articles linked to in the OP might in some way have been influenced by this brand of hip-hop in carrying out the heinous acts that the Japanese police believe they committed?

That is an entirely different topic from the one where you suggested that the Obamanation mainstream media was electing to not cover the murder of a white victim by black perpetrators.

I think you are really missing the plot here.

One is a fairly routine (though vile) crime that is probably committed on American soil many times every year.

Actually, though the US does have a comparatively high murder rate by international standards, when we take out the murders due to domestic incidents, drug violence, "crimes of passion", etc, the remaining numbers, the really vile stuff, are not necessarily so high - this type of crime, as it turns out, is mercifully rare.

You then take a crime, committed abroad, and somehow equate the importance of the two and draw ridiculous conclusions from the difference in media attention.

Committed abroad by American citizens though, unfortunately. And after attending a concert performance by a major American rap performer.

Interestingly, you did not bring up how the Obamanation lamestream media also covers, in excruciating 24/7 cable news detail, the disappearance of every cute white woman, when minorities who are missing or murdered don't typically get that type of coverage. But I guess that doesn't fit with your narrative of Obama-salivating liberals.

Well, I don't know about that. There was a thread about a white blonde female student who disappeared on this very forum last summer and it didn't get much interest. I followed the case (she is still missing, unfortunately) and while there were some mentions on CNN and Fox, most of the coverage was to be found in the local media.

why is it so far to travel that the characters referred to in the articles linked to in the OP might in some way have been influenced by this brand of hip-hop in carrying out the heinous acts that the Japanese police believe they committed?

Because, in the world of knee jerk reactions that you referred to earlier, this would be the laziest and most knee jerk of them all. (and again, this isn't even the point you were trying to originally make, but you seem to have convinced yourself otherwise)

I love how he's completely dodging the question made by many, though. And he keeps on changing the topic and dig an even bigger hole for himself. Then passes the ball that we are all a bunch of racists.

Grow up. I answered the questions.

Because, in the world of knee jerk reactions that you referred to earlier, this would be the laziest and most knee jerk of them all. (and again, this isn't even the point you were trying to originally make, but you seem to have convinced yourself otherwise)

Because it's a separate point. The US mainstream media seem to have been mostly silent so far.

If you honestly, truly and sincerely believe, in your heart and soul, that any of those art forms are as frequently and aggressively misogynistic as hip-hop, then you have been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long and have imbibed it in such industrial quantities that the unfortunate victims of the Reverend Jim Jones look like models of rationality and clear-mindedness compared to your brain.

You admittedly don't even know a lot of rap(or now you say "hip hop" which is even moreso out of touch), so where are you gathering your intel from? The same place that you informed yourself about America's college experience? This is a pattern with you over the years, you establish a false reality based on movies, blogs, or novels and you come off completely detached.

Yes, a lot of rap, especially gangster rap is misogynistic, no one is denying that, but to say all rap or even all "black culture" is just makes you look willfully ignorant or even worse just flat out racist.

Because it's a separate point. The US mainstream media seem to have been mostly silent so far.

Because in the grand scheme of things, it's somewhat unremarkable. The only reason you know about it is because an irish person was involved

Are you using a time machine from the 1990's? Are you going to blame videogames next?

Fine.

Find me a case of a drugging, rape and murder of a black female committed by two crazed rock fans from New Jersey after attending a Bon Jovi concert.

Shouldn't be difficult, right?

Fine.

Find me a case of a drugging, rape and murder of a black female committed by two crazed rock fans from New Jersey after attending a Bon Jovi concert.

You can't be serious? You realize the many stories that people have attached to metal bands and rock music right? I mean you are not this detached, right?

People have been trying to associate murders, rapes, and crime to music for decades.

Fine.

The concert had nothing to do with it! It was a fucking NICKI MINAJ CONCERT!

Back
Top Bottom