US rapper and dancer suspects in Tokyo hotel death of female Irish student - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I think you are really missing the plot here.

One is a fairly routine (though vile) crime that is probably committed on American soil many times every year.
Actually, though the US does have a comparatively high murder rate by international standards, when we take out the murders due to domestic incidents, drug violence, "crimes of passion", etc, the remaining numbers, the really vile stuff, are not necessarily so high - this type of crime, as it turns out, is mercifully rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You then take a crime, committed abroad, and somehow equate the importance of the two and draw ridiculous conclusions from the difference in media attention.
Committed abroad by American citizens though, unfortunately. And after attending a concert performance by a major American rap performer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Interestingly, you did not bring up how the Obamanation lamestream media also covers, in excruciating 24/7 cable news detail, the disappearance of every cute white woman, when minorities who are missing or murdered don't typically get that type of coverage. But I guess that doesn't fit with your narrative of Obama-salivating liberals.
Well, I don't know about that. There was a thread about a white blonde female student who disappeared on this very forum last summer and it didn't get much interest. I followed the case (she is still missing, unfortunately) and while there were some mentions on CNN and Fox, most of the coverage was to be found in the local media.
__________________

financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
why is it so far to travel that the characters referred to in the articles linked to in the OP might in some way have been influenced by this brand of hip-hop in carrying out the heinous acts that the Japanese police believe they committed?
Because, in the world of knee jerk reactions that you referred to earlier, this would be the laziest and most knee jerk of them all. (and again, this isn't even the point you were trying to originally make, but you seem to have convinced yourself otherwise)
__________________

Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I love how he's completely dodging the question made by many, though. And he keeps on changing the topic and dig an even bigger hole for himself. Then passes the ball that we are all a bunch of racists.
Grow up. I answered the questions.
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
And after attending a concert performance by a major American rap performer.
Are you using a time machine from the 1990's? Are you going to blame videogames next?
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Because, in the world of knee jerk reactions that you referred to earlier, this would be the laziest and most knee jerk of them all. (and again, this isn't even the point you were trying to originally make, but you seem to have convinced yourself otherwise)
Because it's a separate point. The US mainstream media seem to have been mostly silent so far.
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #86
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
If you honestly, truly and sincerely believe, in your heart and soul, that any of those art forms are as frequently and aggressively misogynistic as hip-hop, then you have been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long and have imbibed it in such industrial quantities that the unfortunate victims of the Reverend Jim Jones look like models of rationality and clear-mindedness compared to your brain.
You admittedly don't even know a lot of rap(or now you say "hip hop" which is even moreso out of touch), so where are you gathering your intel from? The same place that you informed yourself about America's college experience? This is a pattern with you over the years, you establish a false reality based on movies, blogs, or novels and you come off completely detached.

Yes, a lot of rap, especially gangster rap is misogynistic, no one is denying that, but to say all rap or even all "black culture" is just makes you look willfully ignorant or even worse just flat out racist.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Because it's a separate point. The US mainstream media seem to have been mostly silent so far.
Because in the grand scheme of things, it's somewhat unremarkable. The only reason you know about it is because an irish person was involved
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Are you using a time machine from the 1990's? Are you going to blame videogames next?
Fine.

Find me a case of a drugging, rape and murder of a black female committed by two crazed rock fans from New Jersey after attending a Bon Jovi concert.

Shouldn't be difficult, right?
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #89
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Fine.

Find me a case of a drugging, rape and murder of a black female committed by two crazed rock fans from New Jersey after attending a Bon Jovi concert.

Shouldn't be difficult, right?
You can't be serious? You realize the many stories that people have attached to metal bands and rock music right? I mean you are not this detached, right?

People have been trying to associate murders, rapes, and crime to music for decades.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Fine.

Find me a case of a drugging, rape and murder of a black female committed by two crazed rock fans from New Jersey after attending a Bon Jovi concert.

Shouldn't be difficult, right?
The concert had nothing to do with it! It was a fucking NICKI MINAJ CONCERT!
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #91
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You admittedly don't even know a lot of rap(or now you say "hip hop" which is even moreso out of touch), so where are you gathering your intel from? The same place that you informed yourself about America's college experience? This is a pattern with you over the years, you establish a false reality based on movies, blogs, or novels and you come off completely detached.
Do you mind not stalking me round the forums, it's rather creepy.

But anyway, you will note that part of my experience of American college experience was gleaned from an American Houston-based friend, based on, you know, his anecdotes about actual real life. And he was not the exaggerating type, not even remotely. I have personally witnessed boozed-up US college students in nightclubs in Chicago and Vegas.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yes, a lot of rap, especially gangster rap is misogynistic, no one is denying that, but to say all rap or even all "black culture" is just makes you look willfully ignorant or even worse just flat out racist.
Yes. But see, the problem with that is that, of course, I said absolutely nothing of the sort.
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
It was a fucking NICKI MINAJ CONCERT!
Wait? Are you fucking serious? This is the concert fguy is trying to blame?

Words fail me...
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 09:12 AM
I shit you not
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #94
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,881
Local Time: 05:12 AM
Nicki's current single, in case Financeguy hasn't heard it



I mean, my urge to kill rises when I hear this song, but not because it sends my testosterone through the roof.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #95
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Do you mind not stalking me round the forums, it's rather creepy.
I had to go all the way back to 10 minutes ago and down one thread... you're right, I'm stalking you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Yes. But see, the problem with that is that, of course, I said absolutely nothing of the sort.
It's right there in print. I'd quote you but you'd accuse me of stalking...

Why is it that people believe their posts disappear after a few days?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
I am not of course, attempting to "blame" the murder on Nicky Minaj or on her concert. That would be absurd and only a fool would think I said anything of the sort.

No, what I am attempting to describe is a culture, an atmosphere that associates itself with some of these types of acts, or at least some of their fans.
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I am not of course, attempting to "blame" the murder on Nicky Minaj or on her concert. That would be absurd and only a fool would think I said anything of the sort.

No, what I am attempting to describe is a culture, an atmosphere that associates itself with some of these types of acts, or at least some of their fans.
I thought you were blaming Obama
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Not specifically.

"Obamanation" is a catch-all term to describe the political philosophy whereby whitey is to blame for everything.

Some of you on the forum ascribe to it, given your predilection to put forward all kinds of excuses on behalf of various hoodlums (e.g. the thread about the former gang member on death row some years ago, I can't remember his name but it was quite a long thread).
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,728
Local Time: 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Well, I don't know about that. There was a thread about a white blonde female student who disappeared on this very forum last summer and it didn't get much interest. I followed the case (she is still missing, unfortunately) and while there were some mentions on CNN and Fox, most of the coverage was to be found in the local media.
Laci Peterson? Natalee Holloway? Probably didn't get much coverage outside of the US, but if you just Google "missing white woman syndrome" you'll quickly catch on to what the Obamanation mainstream media does.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #100
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Fguy, here's some more reading for you, it's no wikipedia, but you should appreciate it.

The Influence of the Beatles on Charles Manson
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×