US Presidential Election Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who would you vote for in the 2016 US Presidential Election?

• Hillary Clinton - Democrat

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Bernie Sanders - Democrat

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Gary Johnson - Libertarian

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jill Stein - Green

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Sitting this crazy one out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Where is this imaginary liberal bubble? You honestly believe that there is just a tiny portion of isolated people that think this way about Trump? Really?

Leave Breitbart for awhile, look within your own party even, look outside the US, otherwords; look at reality, not reality TV. There's a whole REAL world out there, and most of them are laughing or fearing you.

There are that many trump fans here?

Fucking filthy. Yet another sign of the hard right turn U2 have taken since 2000. Appealing to anti-intellectuals helps pay the bills I suppose.

This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.

I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?

I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?

My favorite is Trump denigrating the judge because his parents weren't born here. And now blaming the Orlando shooting because the guys parents weren't born here.

TRUMP'S PARENTS WEREN'T BORN HERE!!! HIS TWO WIVES WEREN'T BORN HERE!!!

So, that just means that white is ok, and black or brown is not.

U2 has a lot of older white fans...if you got into them as a twenty year old in 1983, you'd be 53 years old at this point...all things being equal, odds are in favor that you'd be a Trump supporter.

Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.

Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.

Because of your non-white heritage, no matter if you're born here or not, you can't uphold American values. That's what he said. It's not a gaffe, it's not a poorly phrased response. It's a long and clear pattern. And THIS is what you are supporting.

Send me link to this exact quote

Come on now... of course that's not the quote m, but that's what he's saying.

Here's a judge that has sworn to uphold the law and Trump is saying he can't do that job because of his "heritage".

What does that mean to you?

You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.

:up:

Send me link to this exact quote

There are that many trump fans here?

Fucking filthy. Yet another sign of the hard right turn U2 have taken since 2000. Appealing to anti-intellectuals helps pay the bills I suppose.

You seem to be ignorant of the amount of religious folk that love U2. They are very popular amongst Christian conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

You seem to be ignorant of the amount of religious folk that love U2. They are very popular amongst Christian conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob, don't ever conflate Christianity with American conservative. At the end of the day; they don't exactly go hand in hand.

U2 have always been pretty anti-religion, pro spirituality.

The right do not own Christianity, in fact their current platform often conflicts with the teachings of Christ. I'd be more than willing to discuss this with you; in private or a separate thread anytime you're willing.

Bob, don't ever conflate Christianity with American conservative. At the end of the day; they don't exactly go hand in hand.

U2 have always been pretty anti-religion, pro spirituality.

The right do not own Christianity, in fact their current platform often conflicts with the teachings of Christ. I'd be more than willing to discuss this with you; in private or a separate thread anytime you're willing.

Unfortunately there is a bit of a correlation ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1466221451.696654.jpg

This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.

You will get absolutely everything you deserve if your candidate gets elected. Unfortunately so many who wont vote for him, would get it too.

He is a first class shit stain on humanity and anyone who cant see that already is serving as an enabler.

If you think this is bad, you haven't seen the atU2 forums. Packed with Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom