US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but Democrats support kitty litter boxes in 3rd grade classrooms, so both sides are responsible for our slide into fascism.

Tony Dungy believes this!!

I live right next to a elementary/middle school, the smell of litter permeates the air

Fake trump Alec is in more legal trouble than real trump. Jesus Christ.

As someone who spends time on sets — albeit not Hollywood sets — in no way is what happened an actor’s responsibility. There are 1st ADs, propmasters, and armorers who are vastly more responsible. Whoever handed Baldwin the gun should have showed him the chamber was empty before giving it to him.

Baldwin as an EP, however, might bear some responsibility if they were running fast and loose due to low budgets.

However, Alec Baldwin has many political opinions and I hear his wife is unpleasant, so I’m sure he’s guilty of something.

Baldwin as an EP, however, might bear some responsibility if they were running fast and loose due to low budgets.

However, Alec Baldwin has many political opinions and I hear his wife is unpleasant, so I’m sure he’s guilty of something.

Yeah, given that there were at least two accidental firearm discharges before the fatal accident happened, an executive producer might bear some responsibility. How much? That's for the courts to weigh in on I suppose.

In any case it's a tragic loss of life and a terrible burden Baldwin must be carrying inside.

'Other' national news will be headlining the Sunday shows tomorrow morning.....anyhow here's some mostly peaceful protests going on in Hotlanta.

Chaos breaks out at demonstration for killed protester against planned APD training center
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/cop-city-atlanta-protest-chaos

ATLANTA - After a Georgia-based activist was killed while protesting what some critics are calling ‘Cop City’, demonstrators took to Underground Atlanta Saturday evening to honor his life and continue their protest against the facility. However, what started as a peaceful protest at 5 p.m., took a violent turn just before 6 p.m. when people began throwing bricks at buildings and setting off fireworks in the streets.

Manuel Esteban Paez Teran was the 26-year-old protester killed by Georgia State Troopers during a sweep at Intrenchment Creek Park Wednesday. That area is the planned site for the Atlanta Public Safety Training Center.

Investigators said Teran did not comply with commands by a joint task force, and that he fired at a trooper first.

On Friday, a picture of the gun that the agency said they found on Teran was released. Officials said ballistic investigators matched that gun to the bullet that wounded the trooper.

....Just before 6 p.m., dozens of demonstrators flooded the streets and began vandalizing property and police vehicles.

....The Atlanta Police Department released the following statement:

"Atlanta Police officers have responded to a group damaging property at several locations along Peachtree [Street]. Several arrests have been made at this time and order has been restored to the downtown space. This is still an active and ongoing investigation, and we will not be able to provide specifics on arrests numbers or property damaged, at this time."

Joe Biden should come out soon and announce that because of the classified documents found in his possession he will not seek another term.

I guess the win here is that Trump would look awfully stupid running and then the GOP would finally have their way out from him.

I guess the win here is that Trump would look awfully stupid running and then the GOP would finally have their way out from him.

Trump looked awfully stupid in 2015/2016, and look where it got us

He attacked the very core (or idea) of what this country is about, and yet they won’t quit him. The best they can do is not say his name when they offer any form of criticism.

There is no GOP anymore. It is the party of MTG. All these “moderates” could easily take control and yet they bowed to them in control of the house. Think of the message had they worked with democrats to elect anyone else over Kevin, showing the nation that we have moved on from petty trolling and can work together despite differences.

Instead we’re going to get bad faith arguments over Biden being a TRAITOR!!!, Hunter Biden dick pics, constant circus performances about the border, Ukraine taking all our $$$, and how before the covid vaccine no human ever died of anything suddenly. We all lived till 120

Without the Biden document issue, i would have been fine with him not running. Now that the GQP actually has something to stick against him, I’m not sure he wins. Good faith arguments don’t win elections.

Trump will be the nominee. Dems need to find someone who can keep the same voters engaged. Of course if Biden runs, he’s got my vote

Anything over Trumpism

Ha, like the GOP and Trump would even consider following suit.
Somehow, they'd use it as a rallying point. "We persevere on after breaking the law while Dems wimp out and quit!"

Provided the Democrats run a competent, non 70+ year old white male? They're going to win in 2024 if Trump is the Republican nominee.

2022 proved (again) that Trumpism is a cancer on the Republican party, and the only way it wins is with cheating or severe gerrymandering.

The only people who can't seem to figure this out are House republicans and pearl clutching democrats. He's toast.

The issue isn't beating Trump - the issue is what happens after he inevitably loses.

Meet Jeff Zients.

Jeff Zients to be Biden’s next chief of staff
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/jeff-zients-to-be-biden-s-next-chief-of-staff/ar-AA16BVfO

....colleagues have praised Zients as a master implementer who engenders deep loyalty from the people he oversees.

....Zients, 56, was born in Washington and attended St. Albans School before graduating from Duke University. A successful management consultant, he ran the Advisory Board Company alongside David Bradley before taking it public and netting tens of millions of dollars. In the early 2000s, Zients formed a group to attempt to purchase the Washington Nationals, an effort that was ultimately unsuccessful.

He first entered government during the Obama administration and ended up serving in multiple senior roles, including running the Office of Management and Budget and the National Economic Council. He developed a reputation as “Mr. Fix-It” for his strong operational skills, including helping to fix the troubled rollout of the Obama administration’s health-care website, healthcare.gov.

After leaving the Obama administration, Zients ran a private equity firm and spent two years on the board of Facebook, experience that has drawn criticism from liberals.

During Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign, Zients was brought in to help with the campaign’s finances during a particularly difficult stretch. He then co-chaired Biden’s transition before leading the administration’s coronavirus response.

it would be political suicide of the highest order if the Dems nominate anybody other than Biden in 2024, provided he remains physically healthy.

it would be political suicide of the highest order if the Dems nominate anybody other than Biden in 2024, provided he remains physically healthy.

Says who? I mean I suppose you could make the “Trump is Nixon” argument circa the downfall of LBJ. That’s always been who Trump “is” if you could compare him to any other President. But I don’t think there’s precedence for this, short of well… Nixon himself scandalously bowing out?

I think the most important thing is that he doesn’t say anything right away - that would be governmental suicide and he might as well resign.

biden resigning over this would be an insane overreaction.

the vast majority of america likely doesn't give much of a shit about this classified document issue, for either trump or biden. he's an incumbent and still relatively popular (as far as modern presidents go). and there isn't anybody in the potential democratic field who comes close to overcoming those inherent advantages that biden will have in 2024. ditching him to roll the dice on someone like harris or buttigieg or newsom would be political malpractice, especially when the stakes of losing is a MAGA administration with a vengeful donald trump at the helm.

i'm not here to shill for him or anything, but realistically biden is the only option for the democrats in 2024 so long as he's healthy and willing to run again.

Last edited:
We can all sleep easier tonight.

One of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ first moves as governor of Arkansas was to ban the term Latinx.

This is what’s known as priorities when you take America back from the woke mob.

We can all sleep easier tonight.

One of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ first moves as governor of Arkansas was to ban the term Latinx.

This is what’s known as priorities when you take America back from the woke mob.

I wonder if Sanders is aware that she didn’t need an executive order to accomplish this? This is literally what policy is for.

biden resigning over this would be an insane overreaction.

the vast majority of america likely doesn't give much of a shit about this classified document issue, for either trump or biden. he's an incumbent and still relatively popular (as far as modern presidents go). and there isn't anybody in the potential democratic field who comes close to overcoming those inherent advantages that biden will have in 2024. ditching him to roll the dice on someone like harris or buttigieg or newsom would be political malpractice, especially when the stakes of losing is a MAGA administration with a vengeful donald trump at the helm.

i'm not here to shill for him or anything, but realistically biden is the only option for the democrats in 2024 so long as he's healthy and willing to run again.

Idk, I disagree. Harris would be swept no matter what, but you can put virtually any white dude up against Trump and they’ll win. If it’s DeSantis, it’s a different story.

Also, Biden is no more or less popular than Trump was. Popularity/support is far less important than hatred in these new times, I’d suspect. Hence Trump’s loss, hence Clinton’s loss to Trump (and hence why Harris would be swept).

Also note that I didn’t say he should resign. I said that if he were to announce he isn’t running in 2024 right now, then he might as well resign now.

Either way, if there’s misconduct or gross negligence resulting from the investigation, he should do what’s right and at least take the Ted Kennedy plea.

i don't agree that Biden should resign. i do believe he shouldn't run gong forward because of this issue. can't call out trump for doing it and then shrug your shoulders when it turns out biden did it as well. i think he can do it in a way that is actually politically beneficial to not just him but to the democrats. harp on how it was unintentional and how much you've cooperated, but take responsibility and show how serious you take the error that you and your office made.

if anything it's only going to put even more pressure on the republicans to dump trump.

i also disagree that not running biden against trump would hand the election over to trump. someone who leans (or is perceived to lean) hard left? eh, i still think the democrats would win, but it would be closer.

anyone who is closer to the middle (or perceived to be closer to the middle) vs. trump? trump loses, and it's likely not close - just like 2020, which wasn't actually close.

if 2020 wasn't enough to prove trumpism is political suicide, 2022 should have shown everyone. the only reason why the republicans held on to the house, with an unpopular president of the other party, was due to gerrymandering.

they couldn't make any ground in the senate and got killed on the state level. again - with the incumbent president being an unpopular president of the opposing party, in an inflationary time? they couldn't make any serious ground, because trump and the MAGA crew is wrapped around their necks like a noose.

and what did the house do? double down on the MAGA so that kevin mccarthy could get a nice office.

just don't run a moron.

Folks. Nobody said he should resign. My statement was “he might as well resign” if he came out today and announced he wasn’t running in 2024. As in, that would be awful timing and would neuter his presidency.

What’s cool though is that D voters are like, “cool, go ahead an investigate Biden, and if it’s bad he shouldn’t run again” where as Trumpers are screaming crying throwing up, that he was framed AGAIN and no one was ever fair to him and this is Russiagate and the next biggest hoax ever.

Kind of seems like one party is a political party and the other party is a cult? Maybe?

Either way,Democrats should do more something something. Why didn’t they stop this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom