US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already got rid of Trump in 2020. This whole doomsday scenario attitude isn't going to get Biden reelected or win the house back. This is a sham campaign and Trump knows it. He stands zero chance of winning. Time to turn attention towards beating DeSantis and spreading how dangerous he really is.

The Fed needs to stop raising rates now, former FDIC chair says after Silicon Valley Bank failure
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/13/investing/sheila-bair-svb-fed-rates

Neither agree or disagree with the headline, but the story does read like our financial system is in a bit of a pickle with all this.

agreed,

it's amazing how we repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

stripping dodd frank was incredibly dumb. SO incredibly dumb. and it's no shock that the republicans led this charge, but incredibly disappointing (and i guess not surprising) that a handful of democrats went along with it as well.

but they need to be very careful over the coming months. the combination of no dodd-frank - which helped banks make incredibly stupid decisions around crypto... combine that with the current situation around inflation and rising interest rates and it puts the economy in a tricky spot.

good news is that the job market is still on fire. so it's all on the banks. everything else is right - but this needs to be solved.

I don't and will never understand about rates and banks and stocks and all that adult money shit I just can't seem to care about. Ironic for being one of the tribe. When they talk about any of this stuff my mind just goes blank...

We already got rid of Trump in 2020. This whole doomsday scenario attitude isn't going to get Biden reelected or win the house back. This is a sham campaign and Trump knows it. He stands zero chance of winning. Time to turn attention towards beating DeSantis and spreading how dangerous he really is.

Sounds good on paper. But in reality Trump still has a better shot at being president in 2024 than in jail. That's sad as hell... but it's the truth.

I'm hoping to get a Mitt Romney in the race, someone who still votes 95% the wrong way, but still has a moral compass.

Also I love how Biden is too old, so they suggest Bernie who is older? And he's Jewish and let me tell you as a Jew, that MAY COME UP in the general... can only imagine... not to mention NONE of his ideas would ever get actually done in Congress and he knows that. Hell, Biden got more of it done than he ever could... (I'm still mad at Bernie Bros for Trump 2016).

I love Biden. I liked a few of the candidates last time, but I was all in all Biden as I thought he has the best chance. I still do. He's gotten more shit done than most presidents.

he really, truly has - and it doesn't get spoken about enough.

that said - i'd prefer the president and/or presidential nominees to not be pushing 80 years old. for either party.

and i do think trump has a very good chance at winning the republican nomination - even if he's convicted (or pleas) to a felony.

he doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning the presidency - but it will turn the country upside down and risk a repeat of january 6 style violence. or worse.

it's on the republican party to make him go away.

So cut to Trump vs Biden again. Biden has a stroke. It's Kamal vs Trump. And people hate women. And black woman. So Trump wins.

Or Biden shits himself on live TV.

Or again, 40,000 votes for go the other way...

I don't get why smart people haven't learned the lesson.

KIll the beast before he kills us alll...

Even if he loses, he won't go away...

Only the GOP or Fox News can kill him off.

The more indictments that hit, the smaller his chances get. The Republican establishment is moving away from him. If he’s deemed ineligible he’ll not only continue to crow about stolen democracy, he’ll light up the Republicans who didn’t rally to his cause. You want him ineligible and I’m fine with that too. If the party doesn’t bow to his wishes, they’re toast.

I love toast.

So cut to Trump vs Biden again. Biden has a stroke. It's Kamal vs Trump. And people hate women. And black woman. So Trump wins.

Or Biden shits himself on live TV.

Or again, 40,000 votes for go the other way...

I don't get why smart people haven't learned the lesson.

KIll the beast before he kills us alll...

Even if he loses, he won't go away...

Only the GOP or Fox News can kill him off.
I understand your worry and concern.

That's three straight election cycles where Trumpism lost. Bigly.

2020 wasn't particularly close, either.

Trust your Jewish and other minority friends... ask your gay cousins ... or your one black friend... don't trust straight white people to do the right thing.

The motherfucker got impeached twice and got 74 million votes for president. Biden got 81. But you know what the electoral college is all that matters so it was 40,000 votes in 4-6 states that decided it.

2020 was very close!

All I know is GOP still controls the House. Senate barely Democrats, but 2 of them are out sick.

Last edited:
I was one of the many assholes who thought Trump meant Clinton would win 40 out of 50 states. We all did. Including Trump. That worked out to 3 lost Supreme Courts justices, our daughters having less rights and my guess about 100 million more COVID deaths.

But sure it's iN THE BAG!

Listen, I'm dumb too. He won and I said, "Maybe he's a secret Democrat (as he used to be) and in three seconds he tried a Muslim ban..." And I knew we were in hell as this guy did not give a shit. And his own party would never control him as they are wimps.

I lived in MA, NYC and CT so my vote never has mattered anyway... sucks.

Biden won Michigan by 154,188 - over 2 points

Biden won Pennsylvania by 80,555 - 1.5 points

Biden won Nevada by 33,596 - 2.5 points

Biden won Georgia by 11,779 - half a point (this was very close)

Biden won Arizona by 10,457, about a third of a point

Biden won Wisconsin by 20,682 - just under a point

so it was 311,257 votes in the key swing states that decided it.

arizona and wisconsin both elected democratic governors in 2022.

Biden won Michigan by 154,188 - over 2 points

Biden won Pennsylvania by 80,555 - 1.5 points

Biden won Nevada by 33,596 - 2.5 points

Biden won Georgia by 11,779 - half a point (this was very close)

Biden won Arizona by 10,457, about a third of a point

Biden won Wisconsin by 20,682 - just under a point

so it was 311,257 votes in the key swing states that decided it.

arizona and wisconsin both elected democratic governors in 2022.

But Trump only need 4 of those to win. So NV, GA, AZ and WI swing it. 70 not 40....

I think it's easy to get wrapped up in the 2016 results, and the smaller victories in 2020, but then combine that with the fact that he invited an insurrection and will have multiple indictments by the time this get really interesting with the horrible 2022 results for Trump defenders, and he doesn't stand a chance.

But Trump only need 4 of those to win. So NV, GA, AZ and WI swing it. 70 not 40....

right... four of them.

put it this way - clinton was much closer to winning in 2016 than trump was in 2020.

i'm not saying he should be minimized - or that there isn't risk. but in three straight election cycles people have shown that they're tired of trumpism, even in his own party.

i also don't see how the events of january 6 actually make it more likely for the swingable voters to swing towards trump.

Last edited:
To double down, I would actually expect Trump's polling numbers to increase after being indicted, because his base will be fired up. But his base is just a sliver of the Republican party, a decreasing sliver.

To double down, I would actually expect Trump's polling numbers to increase after being indicted, because his base will be fired up. But his base is just a sliver of the Republican party, a decreasing sliver.

But only DJT can stop WW3!

Now I know why he calls himself Headache, because we are agreeing 99% and he's still giving me a headache. It's like talking to my wife!

the GOP - who care about protecting our kids from drag shows - seen here ::checks notes:: loosening the child protection labor laws in Arkansas

Fq9w_bTWcAEVKsX

the kids look thrilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom