US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have too much time on our hands, or should say our phones / screens in our hands

Hard to maybe even remember but we used to have a lot of dead time, or that time was spent maybe with hobbies etc

Now we can’t even do our hobbies without doing our own research any free moment or boredom kicking in.

It is scary how committed to their own belief these people become.

:crack: :(
So sorry for any of you who've lost family and friends!

My sis found out a few years back that an old friend of hers was a Trumper. She eventually had to stop being in touch. Then this woman's daughter whom she also became friends with told her her mom was also an anti-vaxer! Yikes! She doesn't know if the mom has gone full Q.

There might be people on n my past that became Trumpers, idk. (I don't think I want to know either!:yikes: )

We also have a set of younger cousins whom we met up with about 13+ yea s ago and fell in love with then before we learned they were Christians in a heavy way, who moved 2? years ago to a Christian Community in a rural upper Southern State. But I think they didn't like drumpf.

Last edited:
We have too much time on our hands, or should say our phones / screens in our hands

Hard to maybe even remember but we used to have a lot of dead time, or that time was spent maybe with hobbies etc

Now we can’t even do our hobbies without doing our own research any free moment or boredom kicking in.

It is scary how committed to their own belief these people become.
Idk, unless some really bad, or really joyful is happening right then & there (and I can always listen to public radio to keep track) I don't have trouble doing my hobbies.
And I love being on line, too. I guess it may depend on what kind of hobbies, idk.

Probably not too far fetched to think the GQP will celebrate and hoist up the new Italian PM as their new leader or what they want to become

It's sad to lose otherwise good relationships with family & friends due to the politics of the day.

Not unique, or earth-shattering. But still sad.

After some growing optimism, and genuine wins for Biden, I now think the House is lost.

The reason?

Gas is up again. And many Americans would vote for Putin if it meant $2 a gallon.

In a midterm, it may really be that simple.

It was lost from the get go and had nothing to do with gas. Well, nothing short of the ability to blame republicans for gas prices.

Can't wait for the 40 hearings on Hunter, another 20 hearings on "Furries", absolutely no legislation getting done, Ukraine will be out of luck too.

There's still a chance....hopefully, but agree. It'll come down to the cost of gas, or some other faux outrage just before November.

They're trying. Fetenayl in your Halloween candy!!

Actually, the House hasn't looked any better for the Democrats than it does today. Not sure where you guys are getting that or if it's just pessimism for the sake of avoiding major disappointment.

It was lost from the get go and had nothing to do with gas. Well, nothing short of the ability to blame republicans for gas prices.

Gas affects the price of everything.

But, yes, the D’s underperforming in the House in 2020 kind of sealed their fate.

But gas is a very big deal for most people.

Except for horrendous douchebags like me who drive hybrids.

Actually, the House hasn't looked any better for the Democrats than it does today. Not sure where you guys are getting that or if it's just pessimism for the sake of avoiding major disappointment.

I feel like there’s been a shift the last week or two, and the momentum thr D’s were gaining has dissipated. Inflation/gas are going to trump the rights of women and democracy.

Sorry, gals.

I hope to be wrong!

Gas affects the price of everything.

But, yes, the D’s underperforming in the House in 2020 kind of sealed their fate.

But gas is a very big deal for most people.

Except for horrendous douchebags like me who drive hybrids.

I was more saying that the circumstances of the election board more determined it. It favors republicans (more Dem seats up). It’s a mid term election (historically more red voters). It’s a mid term election for a first term president (favors opposition). It’s been the Republican’s election to lose. Striking down Roe v. Wade is the only reason we are having a conversation about it being contested. Gas could be $1/gallon right now and this would still be an uphill battle. The republicans have to do dumb things to lose.

I feel like there’s been a shift the last week or two, and the momentum thr D’s were gaining has dissipated. Inflation/gas are going to trump the rights of women and democracy.

Sorry, gals.

I hope to be wrong!

Historically, social issues bring turnout. GQP’s might be all mad about Gas Prices and Hunter’s laptop, but that really doesn’t bring out the voters like a social issue that takes away women’s’ rights.

Hmmm. Well, watching Walker explain the abortion he did and did not pay for in 2009 may help Senate prospects.

Many, many republicans have paid for women who are not their wives to have abortions.

The pro-life thing is only there to launder oligarchical policies.

You have

Walker — Insane, violent, and baby daddy + abortion

Oz — Turkish citizen, New Jersey resident, fraud, and puppy killer / abuser

Masters / Vance — Billionaire paid con men, say whatever MAGA wants to hear

Lake — literally insane

Aside from Masters, it appears all of these GQP are heading for victory.

It’s like America decided every election cycle that no matter who’s in charge, we must change it to the other party. Even if we know that change will completely hinder or even destroy any progress made

Man, the defeatist attitudes! Hate to sound like the Palmer Report, but I think the left media's fear and victim mongering strategy is working. All signs point to this being much much tighter than anyone thought a few months ago. It's all about voter turnout and the GQP have done enough harm this year to drive out Democrat voters who may have previously chosen to stay home.

You have

Walker — Insane, violent, and baby daddy + abortion

Oz — Turkish citizen, New Jersey resident, fraud, and puppy killer / abuser

Masters / Vance — Billionaire paid con men, say whatever MAGA wants to hear

Lake — literally insane

Aside from Masters, it appears all of these GQP are heading for victory.
Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.
Per 538 all of the republicans you mention trail aside from Lake and Vance who are both in a dead heat currently.

I think the democrats will expand their lead in the Senate.

The House is a different animal due to gerrymandering - and truly could go either way. Republicans SHOULD have the advantage. It's a midterm and the incumbent always loses seats in the midterm, and, by the way, the game is rigged.

It shouldn't be close. That it will be only further shows how extreme the republican party has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom