US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand people can have differing views that are dumb views and they’re not dumb people. But that type of comment sort of makes his brain look tiny - how does someone like that manage to find a job in the NFL, even after really not being all that successful for over two decades?

i know plenty of people who i once considered to be smart and good persons who have been brainwashed by the right wing media machine - and i don't use that term tongue in cheek, i mean it literally. brain washed.

it's created a lot of pain - when you can't even be cordial with lifelong friends and even family members - because the rational thinking person you once knew has been taken in by grievance politics.

so - yea.

good luck to jack in his locker room, tho.

fucking washington redskommander football team can't get out of their own way.

woahhh-ohh-ohhh... ohhhhh

Hearings starting tonight. I'm so glad it's not up against the NBA Finals, one has to have priorities ;)

It's so damn depressing that a large percentage of people in this country don't give a damn about Jan 6th and think these hearings are a sham. They would root for it to happen again too.

Last edited:
I'm watching. I think it's pretty powerful stuff so far. The opening remarks from Thompson and Cheney earlier were very well done and very blunt. I love that they're calling out those who continue to defend, justify, and excuse this insanity.

The footage from that day will never not be chilling. Bunch of losers so desperate to overcompensate for their own stupidity and shortcomings. Trump can burn in hell, and so can everyone who helped enable him and his overblown hissy fit.

Obviously we know Trump's supporters are a lost cause at this point, but if these hearings help shift opinion, in any way, in the right direction among the rest of the population, then good. I really, really hope that happens.

so the proud boys leaders were letting a journalist film a documentary about everything they did as they were planning and preparing to overthrow the US government...?

the-wire.gif

genius move boys. something to be real proud of.

The "proud" boys having that filmed just proves how delusional they are. They thought what they were doing was completely rational, legal, and justified. And don't forget, Trump had shouted them out and told them to stand by. And they boasted about that.

So many people would say they just let the guy film it because they're stupid. No, that's a big mistake to make. I presume their egos and narcissism did play a part though.

The video of the violence made me feel ill, and very angry.

And Drumpf will throw every last one of them under the bus to survive

Somehow these militia types think he’s got their backs, or he’s one of them.

They only common ground is they’re all criminals

Donnie just threw Ivanka under the bus too. He doesn't even care about his own kids in my humble opinion. They're just pawns in his narcissistic game. Cross him one time and you will pay. His adult children are afraid of him.

Donnie just threw Ivanka under the bus too. He doesn't even care about his own kids in my humble opinion. They're just pawns in his narcissistic game. Cross him one time and you will pay. His adult children are afraid of him.

Ivanka turned 40 last October - he’s not longer interested.

Ivanka turned 40 last October - he’s not longer interested.

Yes there's that too

https://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-donald-trump-looks-good-jan-6-hearing-2022-6

This is now about a security failure of incredible magnitude and they don't even seem to want to talk about it. The one person that looks good is Donald Trump," he said.

“Biden doesn’t get the credit he deserves for steering the country through the worst of the pandemic, passing historic legislation, pulling the NATO alliance together against Russian aggression and restoring decency and decorum to the White House,” Mr. Axelrod added. “And part of the reason he doesn’t is performative. He looks his age and isn’t as agile in front of a camera as he once was, and this has fed a narrative about competence that isn’t rooted in reality.”

Fair

It is. I have eyes on a few potential 2024 replacements not named Harris.

Winning is the only thing that matters.

My hope is that Trump is cooked. But DeSantis is much smarter, and every bit as vindictive and fascist-sympathetic. Although I can’t see him inspiring the same level of blind devotion that Trump somehow does.

Anyway, there are D’s out there.

Russia likely to seize all of Luhansk in coming weeks, U.S. official says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/06/11/ukraine-war-russia-luhansk/

Such a move would leave Russia short of its war aims of capturing all of Luhansk and Donetsk, which together make up the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine. But it would still amount to a win for Russian forces and create a new de facto front line that could last for some time.

The Ukrainian cities of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, in Luhansk, are increasingly under duress and could fall to Russian forces within a week, the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

....Zelensky said Saturday that it was “too late” to persuade Russia to end its invasion, calling on the world to avoid compromise with Moscow and take stronger action against Russia.

Zelensky’s comments, delivered via video at the Shangri-La Dialogue, an annual security summit in Singapore, came a week after French President Emmanuel Macron sparked the ire of Ukraine and Eastern European allies when he said it was crucial not to “humiliate” Russia, to preserve the option of a diplomatic resolution to the conflict.

Paris appeared to be doing damage control Friday, with a presidential official telling reporters that France wants a Ukrainian victory and was unwilling to make concessions to Russia, Reuters reported.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1535955072340922373?s=21&t=nOsa-px5qsCVu-5QpNrVdg

We’ll see more and more of this shit.

Also, Idaho looks scary as hell to live haha. I know a lot of CA are moving there for cheap living etc, which Idaho folk despise (one of my coworkers lives in Boise).

I suppose one good thing about these terrorist groups explaining what they’re going to do in public meant law enforcement had a good chance at stopping them.

Don’t believe the group had any guns, but they definitely were geared up for a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom